Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #16  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I wish everyone a peaceful Sunday.

I realized yesterday that I'm not 100% cured from using food as medication. Had a slight anxiety attack and ate something that in moderation is ok, but of course I ate too much, but I knew what I was doing. The good news, is that it totaled 8 points, and I simply tracked it. Over for the day, but still have plenty of weeklies left.

I am going to try to stick to no more than 7 weeklies per day. That's how they do it in SS, and there probably is a reason for it, it probably doesn't cause you to temporarily gain. Also, even though we can eat "anything", my goal is not to eat "empty" calories except on special occasions.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/289/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm late to the chat, but wanted to say hello. Today is day 1 for me. My biggest weakness is fast food. My husband and I are cutting it out through August. I can't seem to do moderation. It kills my weight and budget, so it's good to see it go though I am already thinking about wanting to eat it. It's not even 8am :/

I'm adjusting to being a mom of 2 (newborn is just over a week) and recovering from a csection. So far so good. I'm looking forward to feeling better, being able to move with my kids.
MommaCollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #18  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaCollie View Post
I'm late to the chat, but wanted to say hello. Today is day 1 for me. My biggest weakness is fast food. My husband and I are cutting it out through August. I can't seem to do moderation. It kills my weight and budget, so it's good to see it go though I am already thinking about wanting to eat it. It's not even 8am :/

I'm adjusting to being a mom of 2 (newborn is just over a week) and recovering from a csection. So far so good. I'm looking forward to feeling better, being able to move with my kids.
on your new baby MamaCollie! Only a week past C-Section don't worry about dieting, your body has to heal. I had 2 C-Secs so I know it is not fun. Fast food is a tough to give up if you are addicted. What I would do is just order the kiddie meal for now. I'm older than you so I remember when I was a kid, the "kiddie meal" portion was your average adult portion. Nothing was "super sized" Supersized was invented by the fast food industry. There is an entire movie about it. We don't eat fast food much in our house ,butwe like Wendy's once in a while. Recently I went there to order, and the lady asks what size drink. So I say "medium".Thinking medium back in the day.Well the drink was jumbo. The small was what used to be a large. But if you order the kids meal everything is a good portion. I'm going to look up some pp of fast food and get back to you.

Rest up and enjoy your babies.

Last edited by Serenity100; 07-27-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #19  
Never Giving Up

Default To Look Up Points for any chain restaurant

To look up ww points for any chain restaurant go to http://www.exercise4weightloss.com awesome that they figured all of this out.

Two things how finding the points can help. It can help you stay within your daily points and it can help you realize how many freaking points you have been eating without realizing.

Just by making some better choices we can stay on plan. A regular cheese burger is 8 pp. A Quarter Pounder with cheese is 14 pp.

Small fries 6 pp. Large fries 13 pp.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #20  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi there...

I've been starting to track again but I'm not doing it as much as I was.

Serenity- I hear you on using food to numb feelings. I overate yesterday and I regretted it, it's tricky managing emotions without food. I think Overeaters anonymous is good at dealing with the emotional side of eating but I'm not sure that program is for me.

I'm craving fattening food, naughty me. I really want a grilled cheese!

Have a good night!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #21  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Hi there...

I've been starting to track again but I'm not doing it as much as I was.

Serenity- I hear you on using food to numb feelings. I overate yesterday and I regretted it, it's tricky managing emotions without food. I think Overeaters anonymous is good at dealing with the emotional side of eating but I'm not sure that program is for me.

I'm craving fattening food, naughty me. I really want a grilled cheese!

Have a good night!

Amy
You can have a grilled cheese! It is not that many points. Use the light bread, so that's two points for 2 slices; then use 2% cheese slices, 2 points each (or full fat cheese just count the points and eat less someplace else during the day) So that is 6 points; You can either just use a little pam and to cook it, or measure some butter and cook it in that. I usually just stick the cheese on each slice of bread and toast it in the toaster oven, and then stick the two slices together to make a sandwich. This way I save on the butter.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #22  
Never Giving Up

Default Tuesday Motivation

Tuesday Reality Check: If you think, “I don’t want to accept the things I have to do for dieting” remind yourself, “I have a choice: I can struggle with what I have to do and feel badly, or I can accept that this is the way it is. It doesn’t mean I have to like it but continuing to fight against acceptance will do NOTHING but make it harder for me to reach my tremendously important goals.”

I c&p here so it registers into my brain. Going out to lunch with the girls. I will stay on plan.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #23  
Less of a Better Me

Well, I see now I've been gone almost the entire month.

I've been on program eating wise and have been weighing in.

But it has been a crazy busy month. My mom visited, then I had some real life stuff that was incredibly busy and then 3 weeks ago my husband had major rotator cuff/bicep surgery so I've had to do a lot of stuff that he normally does.

My activity level has been all but non-existent this month. We bought a new exercise bike at the end of last month and we joined the Y to use the elliptical and I've had almost no time to do either.

I've lost a couple of pounds this month so I'm happy about that, but I need to bet back into activity with the new month starting.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote