Simple Start?

• Excuse me if someone has a thread about this---
    I just heard about WW new Simple Start.
    When do meetings start this?
    Anyone know if we still use Points Plus?

• I just signed up for WW again today and I saw this, it seems you would not have to track the way you do with PP and there is a simple start app as well. You can now edit your plan in the online tools and choose from PP tracking or simply filling.
  • I like counting.
  • Quote: I like counting.
    Me, too.

My impression from another 3FC and WW member was it was "simply filling" of sorts. I think we can keep counting; I fully intend to.
  • Simple Start is what new members start with (if you are a WW member and have a smartphone/tablet you can download an app with the info). It is meant to be for the first 2 weeks.

Basically it is a simplified version of Simply Filling. It gives you some sample meals ideas and lists food that you eat without counting points. This is most (but not all) of the Simply Filling Foods.

As probably most know on SF you eat power foods and some extras that don't count points. Anything beyond that comes out of your 49 weekly points or your activity points.

With Simple Start they have simplified that. You get 7 points a day for "indulgences". The indulgences you can choose from are listed and you do 7 points a day without them carrying over.

At the end of the app (I have it on my phone) it says that you can ask about how to do Simply Filling or can count points. It is very clearly, IMHO, trying to make SF sound better than tracking through counting points.

I read reports from the last earnings call and from investor meetings that many people find WW too complicated and they don't like weighing, measuring, tracking. I think this is one reason to emphasize Simply Filling since it is way easier to track than tracking with points.

All of that said, the program itself hasn't changed. You can do Simply Filling or you can track to points.

I've always tracked points but I've been doing Phase I of South Beach while also calorie counting (MFP) and doing WW. Since I'm eating mostly power foods the past few days I've been doing Simply Filling and it is way easier to track than tracking points for everything. (Because I track calories I know that I am staying within a reasonable amount eaten).
  • yeah, you don't have to switch. it's just another option.
  • I really liked the links to recipes to try. But are all these single servings? I live alone. And I need to know the serving sizes and one does not seem to have it on the page of the recipe
  • Quote: Me, too.

My impression from another 3FC and WW member was it was "simply filling" of sorts. I think we can keep counting; I fully intend to.
    Me three.

I think it's become a bit compulsive for me though, lol.
  • I even heard them encouraging people to do it over the holidays becuase it might be easier to stick too then tracking. Hard to measure when you are out at someones house, easier to stick to power foods. I looked at the recipes and they are not bad. I might try a few.
  • I wish there was some way to get the recipes. I don't have eTools.
  • Sorry, WW is not a free program. You get what you pay for. If you don't pay, you don't get recipes. I pay and I really get tired of the ones who want the info for free. All you have to do is go to one meeting.
  • There are great recipes on www.food.com
  • MaryL, thank you for the recipe link.
    I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas.