Old 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/ticker/118

Height: 5'5"

Default Here I Go Again...

..But hopefully not on my own

Hey guys. I'm Brit. I was active in this forum for a hot minute maybe a year or so ago.

I have tried Atkins and lost a ton (quite fast too) but had to give that up because I love my carbs just too darn much. I tried very low calorie diets and they were just too restrictive. I found calorie counting or Weight Watchers (they are the same thing) allows me to enjoy the foods I enjoy in moderation, which seems to be the only thing I can stick to.

So here's what happened. A little over a week ago I just decided I was tired of letting my weight hold me back from pursuing the things I love. But at the same time, I've been in counseling for a little over a year, learning to love myself and see my value. I have to say, I don't think any weigh loss will stick if you don't learn to love who you are first.

And I discovered something, I really love the big girl that I am. She's got me through alot. I've put my body through **** but I'm strong, and resilient, and I'm going to start treating myself better because I deserve it. And the more I love and accept me, the more I want to be healthy.

So back to last Saturday, I had my sister take some before pictures of me. When I saw them it was like for the first time I really saw me. There's something your mind does in mirrors where you don't really see all of you. At least mine does. So although I'm learning to really love and embrace the woman I am, I want to be at my personal best. So it's not with despair and contempt I start this journey, but hope and excitement.

I so look forward to reaching all of our goals together!

(Current me below)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brit02(2).jpg (92.7 KB, 29 views)
candykisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Thumbs up

You are a beautiful girl, and I'm so glad you realize that! Own it, work it, enjoy it.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/ticker/118

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie1 View Post
You are a beautiful girl, and I'm so glad you realize that! Own it, work it, enjoy it.
Thank you Valkyrie, and outstanding job on your weight loss. We almost have the same stats Well I'd like to be where you are now, lol. Hopefully I will soon.
candykisses is offline   Reply With Quote