3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   disappointed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/289288-disappointed.html)

momwith3 10-31-2013 04:28 PM

disappointed

Hi. I'm new here and I need some help. I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago. The first week I lost 4.6 pounds. I have to weigh in tonight and I am upset because I know I gained weight. I can't believe that I gained on the second week. I followed the plan - most of the time I was under points and I even added some excercise this week. I don't want to quit because I reallly want to lose the weight this time. I just need some encouragement and maybe some advice. Thanks.

butterflygirljb 10-31-2013 04:52 PM

Hi there. Honestly you need to follow the plan and never go under if you can help it. Eating less points will acutely make you stall. Try to get lots of water and activity.

boatingmommy 10-31-2013 05:16 PM

Hey momwith3..Welcome! :welcome3: I have been doing weight watchers since July 23, 2013. I have lost 23 lbs (from 184 to 161) in the past three months. Previously I did WW and went from 200+ to about 186, then I went back to old habits. Now, I stick to my points religiously, and very rarely go under. Eat your daily points, try and eat as much fruit and veggies (when prepared right are 0 points) and do moderate exercise. I walk maybe three times a week. I find that if I work out too much I don't lose, and I'm hungry. I think my body is burning off too much at that time and hangs on for dear life. Try and use those weekly points for something special...not just "well, I'll overeat just a little every day". If you do, you'll have used up all your points on nothing special. I try and keep extra points for fun events on the weekend or dinner out with the family. DON'T GIVE UP!!! You didn't put that weight on in two weeks, and it's going to take longer than 2 weeks to get it off. Slow and steady wins the race! Good luck!:hug::goodluck::hug: Feel free to PM me if you need extra support. WW really works for me.

PUPMOM5 10-31-2013 06:47 PM

What Butterflygirl said. Always eat your DP and drink lots of water.

lazylioness 10-31-2013 06:54 PM

I am on WW as well. I have had a few times where I did not eat enough, and I stalled.

I do the best when I use all of my dailies and a quarter-half of my activities. How you spend your points counts as well. I am at my points so far all of this week, and have barely dipped into my activities, BUT, in this week I have had a family dinner with wine, ribs and cake...my son's birthday dinner with pizza and cheesecake and a potluck today. Now each and everyday I have had the points..I have either worked out or stayed within my points by eating less or lower points foods the rest of the day.

However, because of the rich dinner saturday, the birthday tuesday and the potluck today.....not good use of points...I know I will either stall or even go slightly up on my weigh in on Saturday.

Also, when you first start exercising, you retain water. Start your exercise slowly, but keep a steady and consistent routine, in a week or so, your body will give up and you will probably see a "woosh"

But do not give up, especially after 2 weeks! I lost almost 8 pounds my first week almost a year ago, but it has leveled off to an average of 1.7 a week. Slow and steady wins the race!

DrivenByAmbition 10-31-2013 07:30 PM

Please forgive me if this sounds a little harsh. Weight watchers works if you follow it correctly. That means eating your dailies. For me, it also means eating my weeklies and half my activity. I started at 238, got to 200 and stopped, then restarted and got to 163. I gained back the weight because I didn't make the lifestyle change. I restarted at 206 in September and I am down to 196.2. It works, period. Don't be afraid to play with the plan in the sense of weeklies and activities, but do not go under your daily allotment. Also, know that weight loss is not over night. Enjoy the ride. There will be ups and downs, times when you want to give up and times you wonder why you hadn't started earlier or just kept up with maintenance. Lean on the people in this forum. Participate on the threads. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We are in this journey together and that's why we keep coming back to the forum. Support ( and sometimes some ugly truths)

momwith3 11-01-2013 03:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback and support. I gained .6 pounds this week, which I guess wasn't too bad. I guess I have to make sure from now on that I eat all of my daily points so this doesn't happen to me again, at least not for a while. I'm glad I have this forum to go to for support. Thanks again.

PUPMOM5 11-01-2013 06:27 PM

And water, water, water!

fillupthesky 11-02-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition (Post 4874162)
Please forgive me if this sounds a little harsh. Weight watchers works if you follow it correctly. That means eating your dailies. For me, it also means eating my weeklies and half my activity. I started at 238, got to 200 and stopped, then restarted and got to 163. I gained back the weight because I didn't make the lifestyle change. I restarted at 206 in September and I am down to 196.2. It works, period. Don't be afraid to play with the plan in the sense of weeklies and activities, but do not go under your daily allotment. Also, know that weight loss is not over night. Enjoy the ride. There will be ups and downs, times when you want to give up and times you wonder why you hadn't started earlier or just kept up with maintenance. Lean on the people in this forum. Participate on the threads. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We are in this journey together and that's why we keep coming back to the forum. Support ( and sometimes some ugly truths)

very well said.

i'm rarely ever under my points. in the beginning i had a hard time eating them all, but found a way to deal with that. right now, i'm steadily losing. and hopefully i'll include exercise soon. i'm curious to see how i'll have to "play around" with weeklies and activity points. i definitely drink SO MUCH water, which for me has had the side effect of really soft skin :)
just keep going! you'll figure out how to make the plan work for you!