For those on WW who lost and regained...

• did you try something different the next time around?

This time I have given up sodas. Before I would allot myself 1-2 a day and I wonder if it effected my losing. Overall, on my big stretch with weight watchers, I lost consistently. Only had 2 or 3 weeks where I did not lose (a partial gain, or remained the same)

Last time, I was also running and had activity points to work with. Needless to say I haven't ran in quite a while and haven't started the activity point yet. I kind of get an initial loss and start incorporating it back in.
  • Hi I think what worked for me this time was to keep trying new interesting foods and not deprive myself. If I really wanted to eat something then I ate it even if that meant cutting the thing up into a little pieces cos of the points being high
  • When I've regained it was because I had completely given up...no meetings, no WIs, no tracking. So, this time around I have promised myself to track and attend every meeting.
  • The first time I maintained for several years and then fell pregnant. This time around I'm not eating 3 ice creams in a row or 3 choc bars in a row just cos they fit into my points (I'm making better choices). I'm actively trying to work out my trigger foods and trying to limit or avoid them. I'm doing more exercise. I'm enjoying my weight loss and trying to prepare myself mentally for maintaining it.
  • Sounds like everyone has made growth (in trying new things) from the last time. That's wonderful!
  • For me, I am doing two things differently. First, I am dedicated to tracking, and entering foods in my journal. (I am doing WW online). Second, I am doing the online program only, along with some of my coworkers. We are making our own little support group :-) I live in a small town, and our local weight watchers group leader is not a very nice person, and not supportive. I travel a lot, and if I missed a couple of meetings because I was out of the country, so would make snarky comments like, "Well look who decided to join us again!", or "Let's see how much weight you gained!". I was losing, but became fed up and quit, and of course gained everything back (50+ pounds). Unfortunately, as much as I would love to attend meetings, it would be a 45 minute drive and not compatible with my work schedule.

Kenda
  • Yeah someone on here had mentioned like an e-meeting. I think that would be awesome.