Old 08-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Does diet gingerale make you gain weight?

I understand that it is 0 points, and is not healthy to drink all the time...but I was wondering if it can make you gain even the slightest pound- keeping in mind that you still do everything else the same?

I know that its 0 calories etc..so this probably sounds like a weird question..just trying to figure out other reasons why I havent lost my other pound...arrrhggg!!!

In addition, what about sweeteners as well? I have 2 sweeteners in my coffee in the morning, other than it apparently tricking people into eating more...does it literally cause pounds to come on biologically or chemically? If that makes sense! lol

Who knows I might wake up tomorrow and lose the other one LOL

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-23-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #2  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Yes, some people don't react well to artificial sweeteners. I cut out fake sugar about two months ago and feel a lot better without it. That means no diet soda, no splenda, no sweet n low, none of the blue packet stuff. I'm only using one packet of Truvia in the morning, which is all natural. I feel significantly better not eating all the fake sugar and I've noticed I don't crave sweets like I did when I was eating all the fake sugar.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
Yes, some people don't react well to artificial sweeteners. I cut out fake sugar about two months ago and feel a lot better without it. That means no diet soda, no splenda, no sweet n low, none of the blue packet stuff. I'm only using one packet of Truvia in the morning, which is all natural. I feel significantly better not eating all the fake sugar and I've noticed I don't crave sweets like I did when I was eating all the fake sugar.
I dont know how I lost inches in the last week but not the 2 pounds. At first I thought it was ovulation and water retention..but now Im starting to think its either diet pop or the sweetener I put in my coffee in the morning. I dont drink lots of pop, maybe a can..and also my salt intake isnt high..I cut out sugar about a month ago and started using honey in my coffees, but the only thing is that its like 2 points per tablespoon...Maybe I will start sticking to honey instead.

Today I am going to pretend I am plateauing... I am having my dinner at lunch and my lunch at dinner. I also had a 8 point breakfast instead of a 4 point like usual. ARRRGGGHHH I really hope Im not plateauing ... I dreaded this moment.

Another thing I dont get is that 5 days ago I noticed that I was accidentally counting my lunch as 6 points when really it should have been 7...so I adjusted it to the proper points..technically I should have lost because I made a 1 point difference in my diet. Instead of 26 points per day I was eating 27 this whole time!!

Yes I am rambling lol sorry!

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-23-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Don't focus so much on the number. I realize those two pounds are beginning to frustrate you but there is so much more to weight loss than just what the scale shows. At my lowest weight I was a 175 and in a size 12. I've since gained 30 lbs back (stupid work stress) and still able to wear many of my size 12 clothes because of lost inches. Believe me, those inches count just as much as the weight.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yup, what Tudor Rose said!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #6  

Ok I will take your word for it I just dont understand why I lost inches instead of pounds lol..I guess an inch is less than a pound or something

Last edited by Krissypants29; 08-23-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #7  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

There are many factors that can effect losing. Just got to find what works for your body and know that there may be obstacles along the way.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition View Post
There are many factors that can effect losing. Just got to find what works for your body and know that there may be obstacles along the way.
I had found out it wasn't the sweetners, even though since then I have switched to natural stevia. It was my ovulation..every month like clockwork, I will stall for 4-5 days when Im ovulating. It's better then plateauing- knock on wood.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #9  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Could be sodium intake as well. There are many explanations for fluctuations.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote