3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   5 weeks and 13.4 lbs down. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/287819-5-weeks-13-4-lbs-down.html)

butterflygirljb 09-22-2013 12:27 AM

5 weeks and 13.4 lbs down.

So I've lost 13.4 lbs so far and was wondering if that's ok for five weeks? ?. Also how long will it take to notice.

fairandfree 09-22-2013 12:49 AM

To me that sounds fine for that seemingly short amount of time (I think at the weigh in at the start of my 5th week I'd lost a total of 14.6 already) - a lot is probably water weight coming off. But it's coming off and that's great! Also when we are heavier to start with (as I certainly was) I think the loss just seems more drastic because of all the excess. I believe it will eventually slow down.

As for how long before you notice... is that you noticing, or others? Everyone in my family tells me that they can see how much I've lost and that was as early as when I'd been around the 20lb mark. As for myself, I took pictures of myself from when I first began (rather unflattering ones I might add) because just looking at myself in the mirror? I just don't see it. Though when I really think about it I can tell that my body feels more compact which is very nice.

You're doing a great job so far, so keep up the good work!

lazylioness 09-22-2013 01:17 AM

That's normal I think. I lost about that my first 5-6 weeks in. I wish I could go it again like that lol!!

As for noticing, I have lost almost 60 lbs and don't notice, but I think other people started around 30ish.

I know I feel like I have lost a lot, and I feel skinnier than I look in the mirror, but that could be just a me thing.

happybug 09-22-2013 03:27 AM

12 weeks. Well that's what I read somewhere, fb I think, to give it twelve weeks for everyone else to notice, but I think it can be much sooner, sometimes losing even a little weight can give you extra confidence and people will notice that. I bet you're noticing benefits already. But way to go! You're on your way, keep going and if you haven't already, start a blog and keep us informed of your progress.

DrivenByAmbition 09-22-2013 08:54 AM

Great job! Sounds like a great ww beginning loss. I didn't start noticing how much weight I loss until halfway, like 42 lbs down. Everyone loses differently. I started losing sizes then.

DrivenByAmbition 09-22-2013 08:55 AM

Don't get discouraged by that. Everyone does lose differently and just think this was 5 weeks; wait til 3 months and then 6 months.

Getting2Goal 09-23-2013 10:58 AM

You are doing great and I think you are right on pace. I am 7 weeks in and down 20.2 pounds. I imagine it will slow down eventually, but I am going to enjoy the rapid loss while I can.

DrivenByAmbition 09-28-2013 04:40 PM

How is week 6 going?

mandydawn77 09-28-2013 05:17 PM

Just to compare, I started WW's 3 weeks and 1 day ago and I'm down 10. I'd be happy with 13.4 in 5 weeks. I think that's pretty good.

I can't remember how much I lost before I could tell. Everyone is different, and I'm learning that it makes a big difference on how much weight you have to lose.

DrivenByAmbition 09-28-2013 07:41 PM

My second week back on weight watchers and I have stalled, after only gaining two weeks out of a year with no plateaus. :( Just have to know that I did my best and stayed on plan.

butterflygirljb 09-29-2013 10:58 AM

Thanks ladys. Week six is good. I had my weigh in yesterday and I'm down 14.6. Only 99 to go. Ughthats a lot still.

DrivenByAmbition 09-29-2013 11:18 AM

That's great! You can do it!