3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   WW is FINALLY working for me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/287300-ww-finally-working-me.html)

JessLess 09-08-2013 08:52 AM

WW is FINALLY working for me

I joined WW July 9th and it's finally started to work for me this week, two months later and after a 6 lb. gain ON the program.

This is what I was doing that didn't work for me:
Eating too many carbs (and counting the points)
Drinking alcohol (and counting the points)
Eating ALL my exercise and plus points each week. My gym workout can burn 8 points and that is a lot for me to have been eating/drinking back
Not attending meetings because I hadn't found a leader I liked

This is what is working:
I've dropped most bread/pasta, switching in fruit and vegetables
I haven't had any alcohol all week
I have just been eating my daily points, not the plus points
I FINALLY found a leader I really like

I weigh in in two days, but by my home scale I've lost 5 lbs. I know that is not a healthy rate and I plan to normalize over the upcoming weeks to 1-2 lbs. a week.

So I guess what I learned is that nothing works the same for everyone, that I had to adjust the plan a little to be able to lose on it. And also, I learned that if you stick with it and keep trying, you can make it work for you.
:carrot:

lazylioness 09-08-2013 01:41 PM

I think it's easy to fall into the whole "I have the points so why not" line if thought. I do WW as well since January 27, it is getting harder lol. I finally figured out that I can eat more if I work out more. I have never used all of my weeklies and rarely my activities...but it is getting harder. Adjustments have to be made .

Good job!!! Now that you have figured it out, it will be easier :):)

JessLess 09-08-2013 05:33 PM

Thanks, you too!

ItsJustMM 09-16-2013 08:56 PM

Congrats

I am new to WW and not sure what to expect. I was hoping it would be as easy as it sounds, track points and stay within your pp and you will lose weight. It never occurred to me that i might have to tweak the program to fit me! I appreciate you sharing what worked for you.

lazylioness 09-16-2013 09:00 PM

Lol rarely is anything as easy as it sounds. But yes, our bodies are all different so there is no one "magic bullet" for everyone. Essentially WW us calorie counting, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to count the calories. I know some people that cannot get WW to work, so they do something else. Whatever works for your body, and is healthy....is good :) so I say....tweak away!

JessLess 09-18-2013 06:46 AM

Thanks, ItsJustMM. Glad I could help.

I used to be a calorie counter, but I find WW much easier to deal with.

SoMuchFattitude 09-18-2013 10:31 AM

I totally agree with all of your realizations! :)

Snoofie 09-18-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessLess (Post 4842701)
I used to be a calorie counter, but I find WW much easier to deal with.

Amen to that. Holy crap. Over the past few months (after my favourite WW leader had to leave and I "fell off the wagon", meeting-wise), I decided that I would try calorie counting for a while. No lie -- I gained weight. BMR, TDEE, ll that other garbage -- it was just too friggin' complicated for me. I like only having ONE number to deal with! *L*

DrivenByAmbition 09-19-2013 06:03 PM

I have to eat my daily points and at least half of my weeklies. When I have activity points I eat half of those.

mandydawn77 09-20-2013 02:25 PM

I have only been back on WW's for the past couple of weeks. So far, I just eat my dailies and most of my weeklies, but I don't even figure up my activity points. I do a one-hour zumba class four days a week though. I agree that we are not all the same and we each have to tweak it a little to see what works for us. I've come across a lot of people who say it works if you just pick one or the other, either eat the weeklies or your activity points, but most people can't eat both or they don't lose. I think it also has to be tweaked when you get down to the lowest daily points because I don't see how you can keep losing when you're eating basically the same number of calories each week. Eventually I would think you would have to cut back or you will stop losing. I have a long way to go to get there though.

lazylioness 09-20-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoofie (Post 4843144)
Amen to that. Holy crap. Over the past few months (after my favourite WW leader had to leave and I "fell off the wagon", meeting-wise), I decided that I would try calorie counting for a while. No lie -- I gained weight. BMR, TDEE, ll that other garbage -- it was just too friggin' complicated for me. I like only having ONE number to deal with! *L*

Yes, one number. SO much easier than calories. :carrot:

I had done everything before WW. In fact WW was my last ditch effort before I went to the doctor for surgery. OMG am I glad I did.

Now the only surgery I am even close to considering is reconstructive to get all of the flabby off once I get to goal (or as close to it as I can without getting the 20lbs of skin cut off LOL)

DrivenByAmbition 09-21-2013 09:59 AM

How's your journey going now that you have made changes?

JessLess 09-21-2013 10:09 AM

It's going really well, thanks. I was on WW for 2 months and gained weight before I made the changes. Now I'm losing about 3 lbs. a week. I'm quite happy! For me a lot of it was figuring out low point meals and skipping alcohol.

DrivenByAmbition 09-21-2013 10:27 AM

3 pounds a week sounds fantastic! Glad you could get it to work for you :) It does take a lot of playing around. This time around, I'm not drinking soft drinks everyday like I used to. I am now drinking unsweetened tea and I wonder if I will see a difference without those empty calories, kind of similar to what you said about the beer.

Way to go :)

Getting2Goal 09-21-2013 10:28 AM

Glad it is working for you. We all need to figure out what works for us.