3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Weigh yourself everyday? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/284629-weigh-yourself-everyday.html)

Snoofie 07-11-2013 10:27 AM

I can't weigh myself every day. I just can't. It drives me nuts. Logically I know that any fluctuations I see on a daily basis are normal, but -- even though I've never actually had an eating disorder -- whenever I see a "gain" it drives me into this space where I start thinking "OH GOD I GAINED MUST EAT LESS". I end up getting totally obsessed with the number on the scale.

So I just weigh once a week. It's easier on my nerves.

Dixiemom 07-11-2013 12:29 PM

I weigh almost daily (some days I miss). Helps me keep on track. I know what my monthly fluctuations are, so I can see those as well and they do not drive me crazy becuase I expect them. That way after I have a bad day/ week, I see it and it motivates me to get back on track right away.

Always in the morning after the bathroom, before anything else. But then I also step on the scale around ww weigh in time. So that I get an idea of what that number will be.

NeeneeKhaleesi 07-11-2013 03:36 PM

What Buffinlovin said!

Garnet2727 07-12-2013 08:48 AM

This week is a good illustration of why I weigh every day. Monday night, I managed to injure my knee in bed. Yes, in bed. Argh! Anyway, I twisted my knee to the point that it was really painful and swollen. That put a screeching halt to my walking for the week. By the time I got home from work on Tuesday, I was in a lot of pain. So, elevate, ice and Vicodin. The next morning, I was up two pounds. Wednesday night was the same routine, elevate, ice, Vicodin. Thursday morning, I was up an additional half pound. Yesterday, my knee was good enough that I could take an abbreviated walk and skip the Vicodin. This morning, my weight was down those 2.5 pounds. I know that those extra pounds were because of my injury and because of taking pain meds. I also know that because of that, I'm unlikely to lose weight by my weekly weigh in on Sunday. Long story short, because I actually watched my weight go up and down, I'm better prepared for my "official" weigh in on Sunday.

Krissypants29 07-13-2013 04:21 PM

I agree with most of you that mentioned weighing yourself daily keeps you on track of what youve eaten in order to gain or lose a pound(s). I actually do the same..especially when I eat something like pasta..I always notice the next morning I am up a pound, and than the day after that I lose it!

Thats why I dont eat pasta- almost not at all, anymore because its not worth the amount you receive and the extra pounds that come with it!!

Thanks guys!