3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   What do you do? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/283558-what-do-you-do.html)

allforHisglory 06-15-2013 07:16 PM

What do you do?

When your motivation and will power start fading a little? I need a swift kick in the butt!

smashlers 06-15-2013 07:31 PM

I join a challenge (or 3) on the chicks up for a challenge board.

Jilu 06-15-2013 07:46 PM

I have these pictures taped up everywhere in my house about things that make me happy or things that I'm working towards.

On my bathroom mirror is me in my favorite kayak. I literally cannot fit myself into it at the moment and really want to go back to using it instead of my sea kayak (which is incredibly long and annoying).

By my desk at my computer, I have some pictures from Dragon Con. I've gone for the past 10 years and last year really slapped me in the face. I was so physically exhausted and wheezing from walking/standing and it really made my favorite thing be one of my least favorite things.

And last but not least, I also have a picture of me at Denali on the fridge. That was the trip where everyone went further without me because I could only make a couple miles of the many many miles hike that everyone else went on. I couldn't keep up and I don't want to be stuck there again.

I feel like my big problem is I have always been so incredibly active in my early 20s that when I started grad school and then pharmacy and got bigger and bigger....my brain never caught up. I still feel like I should be able to do the same things that I did when I was 80-100 lbs lighter and 10 years younger. But when I try, I can't. I want to go back to what I used to do so seeing pictures of me doing those things from the past or friends doing those things now really motivates me a lot.

allforHisglory 06-15-2013 08:30 PM

thanks! I like the pic idea :)

and actually we are spending more money on the healthier stuff haha but it is worth it. definitely feel better eating better tho :)

SweetyKins 06-17-2013 02:57 PM

I post my list of reasons why I want to lose weight everywhere. On my smartphone, back of mirror cabinet in bathroom and on my PC. I've also recently scheduled a reminder on my calendar at work every day this week to remind me what my goal is for this week.

ChickieBoom 06-17-2013 03:25 PM

I look at my before pictures and I visualize what it felt like to be that heavy. I really focus on how unhappy I was and how miserable I felt and I remind myself that gaining the weight back is so so so easy. And then I force myself to go for a walk or a run. And I remind myself how quickly the time flies by.

joefla70 06-17-2013 04:50 PM

Fortunately, I haven't had both fade... yet. For the most part, my will power has remained the same. The exception is late night snacking. I apparently have a habit of eating out of boredom, and it can get quite bad! So, when my will power started fading in the evenings, I decided to channel it into something good. I started walking at the time that I would normally be sitting on the couch watching TV. Now, not only am I not consuming the extra calories, I am burning some off. It has made a big difference for me. I started doing this about 10 days ago. My weight had stayed constant (about 262 to 264) for about a month. Now I have finally gotten out of the 260s and am currently 256ish. This has renewed my motivation. I've actually come to enjoy the walks and even look forward to them now!