3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Going Camping (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/283404-going-camping.html)

allforHisglory 06-12-2013 01:28 PM

Going Camping

Have any of you gone camping? What are some of your favorite WW friendly recipes to make for the trip? We do have a camp stove so that makes it a little easier.

lazylioness 06-12-2013 02:08 PM

We go camping all of the time! But....when we do, we are not super strict with the WW because we are super active. Hiking, canoeing etc. so, that being said, I grill chicken, fish whatever add some grilled veggies and limit my s'more consumption to one a day!

Last time we were gone for a week, I gained 4.6 lbs, but it was gone plus some the next week.

Dixiemom 06-12-2013 05:24 PM

I think it is easier eat healthy when camping we just do not bring the junk. I also do not really track, just lots of grilling and fresh foods. Stay away from the pop and stick with water. Limit yourself to one s'more or marshmallow. Sorry did not answer your question but just make the best choices you can and still enjoy the camping.

amandie 06-12-2013 05:38 PM

I have no real recipes either, sorry. I try to keep it simple when it comes to camping, really. My personal fave is BBQ kabobs (chicken or shrimp) with bell peppers and onions, cherry or grape tomatoes if you'd like too.

Eggs for omelets/omelettes are another good one that is easy. Sometimes I just go ahead and put a dozen or a dozen and half (depending on how many people we're going to have) scrambled into a container with a lid- easier transport without worrying if the eggs will break or whatever. Great with veggies too and some meat if you'd like as well.

It is the alcohol at camping that gets me! :)

allforHisglory 06-12-2013 09:29 PM

good ideas :) I have just never had a healthy camping trip hahah (wasn't on WW last time we were camping) so want to make sure I do it right lol

Moving Forward 06-12-2013 11:57 PM

We have two week long camping trips planned this summer too. Camping is usually a food fest free-for-all with my family. It's going to be a challenge, but my plan is to try to limit the goodies and try to eat as close to the usual plan as possible. I'll also try to fit in a short hike every day. But most of all, I plan to relax a little and not worry too much--basically take a short diet break with moderation in mind. Have fun on your trip!

SweetyKins 06-14-2013 06:13 PM

Smores, hello! They are actually not that high in points if you switch from chocolate bars to the mini chocolate chips and then use the low fat graham crackers. Marshmellow is already light. Just bring enough for a few that way you don't overdo it too much.