3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Your scale or WW? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/282567-your-scale-ww.html)

TerrapinMode 05-29-2013 11:38 PM

Your scale or WW?

Which do go by? I know when you go to meetings you use WW's scale and sorta have to go by that one for your official weigh-ins. I've found that my scale weigh's me in at about 2 pounds less than WW, granted I am usually wearing a bit less and weigh in first thing in the morning on my scale. I'm just curious, if your scale gives you different results, which one do you go by?

IamJordanNicole 05-30-2013 07:48 AM

That's funny because my scale weighs in 2lbs less that the ww scale as well. Sometimes I even weigh in right before I go with my clothes ON and it's still less than the scale at the weigh in.

SoMuchFattitude 05-30-2013 07:51 AM

I use both, actually. I wear the same thing to my Saturday weigh in and just know that it'll add a little under a pound to my naked weight I have every other day. I also weigh in on my own scale before I go to my WW weigh in so I know where it falls with my other weights. As long as the trend is down in both places I'm a happy camper. :)

Teresa66 05-30-2013 10:00 AM

I have an Excel spread sheet that I use. On weigh-in day I record my morning (naked) weight, my weight in clothes right before my WW weigh-in and then I record my WW weigh-in. I do this so I can sort of know where I'm at before I go to weigh-in and because I'm silly like that. I really only go by the WW weigh-in.:dizzy:

tehshort1 05-30-2013 11:35 AM

My at home scale is always about 1 pound heavier than the ww scale. Every Thursday for weigh in I try to wear the same thing to keep it as accurate as i can. I only officially count the ww scale, but I do weigh myself every morning to know how I'm doing.

elvislover324 05-30-2013 11:42 AM

My doctor's office scale is actually less than my home scale.

I don't think it matters which one you use as long as you use the same one every week.

I always weigh in with similar clothing each week and always on an empty stomach.

TerrapinMode 05-30-2013 02:23 PM

I want to go by mine because I am ALMOST to the 150's on it! I've had my scale for a couple years and it registers very close to what my gym's scale says. I've only been recording my official WW's WI's on this site and such but in my head I'm going by my scale. :)

elvislover324 05-30-2013 02:38 PM

Ohhhh in that case, your home scale all the way!!!!! Congrats on almost getting to the 150s!!!

Dixiemom 05-30-2013 07:39 PM

I go by ww's but I am usually about .5 below at home then ww.

SoMuchFattitude 05-31-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa66 (Post 4757153)
I have an Excel spread sheet that I use. On weigh-in day I record my morning (naked) weight, my weight in clothes right before my WW weigh-in and then I record my WW weigh-in. I do this so I can sort of know where I'm at before I go to weigh-in and because I'm silly like that. I really only go by the WW weigh-in.:dizzy:

I do all of this too. :lol: Not to mention I have actually weighed the clothes I do my WI in so that I can figure out what weighs the least. :lol:

TheSecondHalf 05-31-2013 06:49 PM

My scale weighs two pounds over the WW scale so clearly, I go with theirs and assume mine is broken (and hateful).

BreathingSpace 05-31-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrapinMode (Post 4756854)
Which do go by? I know when you go to meetings you use WW's scale and sorta have to go by that one for your official weigh-ins. I've found that my scale weigh's me in at about 2 pounds less than WW, granted I am usually wearing a bit less and weigh in first thing in the morning on my scale. I'm just curious, if your scale gives you different results, which one do you go by?

I go by my home scale as it is 2 lb lighter than the one at WW. I figure at home when I first wake up, no clothes and no food/drink is my most accurate weight.

TerrapinMode 06-01-2013 06:17 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of this before but some of you mentioned weighing yourself right before heading to WW so I tried that today (wearing the same clothes you do for your official WI). Turns out my scale is pretty darn close to WW's! There was a .2 difference between my scale and WW's (I did take two sips of coffee between so that could account for the difference). This would be a big relief if this were the case. :)