Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #31  

DeeDee-Nice work staying OP- that trip must be wonderful motivation for you!! I can't even imagine, California...
Shella-Welcome to the group! Don't worry about getting off track, it happens. Hopefully we can help you to get back at it!
Bandit2- Horray, another loss! You have had a great couple of weeks! You must be getting close to your goal for this challenge?

I had a great weekend- only my second OP weekend since Christmas, so I feel good about myself! I fought through being away from home for 3 days and attending 2 super unhealthy BBQ's, but I DID IT!!!!
I think this new job is just the motivation I need! I was going to join the gym immediately, but I think I will wait until July 2 when we return from holidays. Otherwise I pay for a week when I can't go, and $$ is very tight right now!
Oh- my other happy news, I was able to fit into a pair of brand new size 31 jeans that I had in my closet yesterday!!!! I wore them to the Father's Day BBQ and got tons of compliments-it was wonderful!
Have a great OP day!!
Old 06-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #32  
Miss Independent

Hey ladies! I know its been a while since I have checked in. I bounced back up another 2 lbs this weekend...ugh! This week I WILL lose them all, I dont care what it takes. I also skipped the gym the last few days and was WAY off plan! Today I am back on track, and I am determined to do good even though I will be apartment shopping later on this week. Its always hard when you wont be eating at home any. Oh well....it took me a long time to gain this weight it will take me a while to lose it! Have a wonderful week ladies.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:10 PM   #33  

Good luck getting back at it, Ailee! Are you hunting for an apartment for when school starts again in the fall?
I have to look for housing for dd and myself for fall later this week too. It is a little sad, since we have beautiful house here that I have worked hard to decorate. Oh well, we will only have to move for 5 months.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Congrats Saskie - nice to wear something you couldn't before - what a motivator that is.

Ailee - wtg for getting back on plan.

As for me - I am plodding along. Had a good day yesterday & so far today. Another birthday later today at the office. I told the lady who gets the cake to get some fruit as well. Hopefully, she will. If not I am planning on staying away after we sing happy birthday.

Have a great day, everyone and remember to drink your water.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #35  

Bandit2~I am sending you some extra will power to stay away from the cake!
I took the baby to visit my great grandma today. She always has treats- today cookies and donuts.. I stayed away from them, but instead of the requested water she brought me a huge glass of juice. I drank about 2/3 of it (2pts) hating every sip because it was pts....I would much rather eat those pts!!!
WI is tonight, and I finally had a fully OP week! It is only the second OP week since Christmas, so I am hoping for a decent loss! Cross your fingers for me!
It is also the last week that I am working as head receptionist, so I will have to find new motivation to make it to my meeting every week...
Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:00 PM   #36  

Just wanted to report in, as of tonight's WI I am down 1.8#. Was hoping for a little more, but that will do for now!
Goodnight!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:29 AM   #37  

SaskieMom every loss counts and I'm like you I stay away from juice because I can't stand the thoughts of wasting points on something to drink.
bandit2 cake is my weakness especially birthday cake from our local grocer's bakery. Beat the weakness, it's not worth the points.
I had wi this morning after my food frenzy on the weekend I was up 2 pounds. I'm back OP and plan to change that to a loss. If I could just drink the water. I never had a problem with that before now and it's like I can not get those 8 glasses in. I'll keep trying.
Good Luck guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 10:07 AM   #38  

Hi everyone:

Saskiemom - Nice job on your loss, it all adds up.
I resisted the cake & had strawberries. Alot of people ate the fruit as well - nice to have a choice.

Shella - Some things are harder to resist than others. I'm OK with the sweets, its the carbs that do me in. Everyone has bad weeks, sometimes we overindulge but if we keep getting back on programme then we will do better than not being OP at all. Look at what you've accomplished so far. Try drinking your water with a fat straw - makes it easier.

Hope you all stay OP this week. Bye for now.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:06 PM   #39  

bandit2
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm a carbs and sweets addict. And I'll try the straw thing with the water.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:23 AM   #40  

Hi everyone:

Hope you are all doing well. Last night wasn't very good.
Started off OK - went to mall to get new shoes for wedding.
Then didn't have to make dinner, so ended up getting chicken but then I had the fries & coleslaw. I was too full after all that & felt
yukky (mostly guilt I think) Then later I picked up dd from dance & ended going to DQ. Could of had small cup of ice-cream but NOOO had a strawberry sundae. After that I just felt sick, but it was very good. Once again, I made a bad situation even worse.
Not a good start to the next few days with the wedding tomorrow. The points I had banked went out the window last night.

Got up this morning I felt soooo bloated & I swear my pants are tighter than last week. Hopefully, it is just the guilt. Weigh in tonight - so I will have to see how much damage was done.

Hope you are all doing better than I did.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:16 PM   #41  

Good luck with the wedding tomorrow, Bandit2!
I know what you mean about carbs. Even if I am not hungry, as soon as I eat them I am ravenous!
I also know how it is with the overeating. Once I have blown my pts for the day I eat until I am jammed full. It's like I have to eat everything all at once because tomorrow I can't. It so ridiculous, because with the Winning Pts plan it totally doesn't need to be like that!!
I have been super hungry yesterday and today. I managed to stay in my pts range yesterday, and am going to try really hard today.

I am a little confused about something, maybe one of you can help. I am still nursing my dd, which means my pts range is 30-35 pts. I have been in this range for awihle, and have found that my body needs an extra 2-4 pts in order to lose at this weight. So I try to stay in 32-39. BUT my dd is now eating solids twice a day. Should I be cutting back on my pts now??
Any advice or experiences you may have to share would be helpful!
Thanks!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #42  

Hi Folks! I am quite bummed out today. weighed in last night. Lost .4 lbs. I was quite disappointed. Will never reach my goal before my trip. I would have to lose 3 and 1/2 lbs before the 29th of June. Then today we had a going away lunch for 2 staff members. I ate awful. I didn't take into consideration any points while I was eating. Just ate whatever I wanted, and how much I wanted. I believe this makes me an emotional eater!! I do have to say, that this is the first time I have done this since I started WW, 12 weeks ago. I feel lousy!
Last night our leader said, "Guilt weighs more than food". Boy, is that true. Luckily, tomorrow is another day! By the way, I am still not hungry. (it's 6:00pm)
I ate enough at lunch to last me for awhile. Jeeze, do I sound like a pity party in full swing, or what? Well, I guess I need to pick myself up, brush myself off, and start again!
Old 06-20-2003, 08:13 PM   #43  

DeeDee,
At least you are aware of what you are doing! Just be glad you have lost as much as you have for your trip. And you have 9 days, thats lots of time to lose a couple of lbs! Just get back at it!

I am happy with me today. I bought a pair of size 12 capris yesterday, and I should have bought a size smaller, because after wearing them today they are quite loose! And they look pretty good!!!
I made a road trip today, and stayed fairly healthy. I banked pts so I could have a cappucino at 6 am, and instead of grabbing a yummy looking sandwich at lunch time, I had a bag of crispy minis! I am still in the midst of extreme hunger, but I think I can get through it!!
The only problem is that now I am flirting with the idea of getting pregnant again. DD is almost 9 months, and the job I start in the fall only goes until the end of January-enough hours to get mat benefits again... I am not sure what to do!
Have a nice weekend!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #44  
Miss Independent

Hello ladies! I tried to post last wednesday before I left and it didnt work so I gave up. Maybe today it will. I spent the last of the week and the weekend shopping for apartments and found one that I am just in love with. I am number two on the waiting list so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I did terrible eating while I was there but when I got home i weighed a # less than when I went. And this morning I dropped another .5# at least according to the scale at home. I havent been making it to the gym because I am in the midst of refurbishing furniture....I almost have a vanity and a chair done, then I just have my huge dresser and another chair for my living room. My trip to the beach is in three weeks. I would like to lose 5 or so lbs by then, but I am not sure that I will hit my Ind. Day goal. I will be really close though. Have a wonderful day ladies.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:56 PM   #45  

Hello Everyone! I am feeling much better now. I had a good week end, have stayed OP!! YAY!!! 5 more days til California! Tomorrow is weigh in day. I decided that if I don't lose the 5lbs. that I wanted to before my trip, well that"s ok. I am still losing and that's what counts. I should be grateful, and I am. I believe that I have hit my 10%. That's a nice accomplishment!
We have had 2 days in a row of summer weather! Makes it nice to want to go out and walk.
Talk to you soon!
Closed Thread