Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #1  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Default Thinking of joining WW ..

Hey everyone!

I haven't been to a WW's meeting in over 20 yrs (I was 16) and have seriously been thinking about signing up on Monday. I know that things have probably changed a LOT during this time so I thought I'd come here and take a look at some WW threads so that I can kind of get a feel on things .. so I thought I'd get your thoughts on it as well;

Do you go to the meetings, use online or both?

How easy/difficult is the point system? (assuming that's still being used! lol)

Oh gosh, I know I had more questions than that but for some reason I've gone blank! lol Guess I'll ask them when they come back to me!

Thanks so much!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/154.6/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm 24 and currently use weight watchers online. I don't go to meetings but use the phone app all the time during the day. Using WW is the only way that I've been able to have success with weight loss. I enjoy the control is gives me with food and also the controlled "splurges" with the extra points you can use through out the week. The online resources are great and most chain/commercial restaurants are in the food database so if you're ever out you can discreetly check points plus values for anything basically.

I've lost about 40 lbs so far and truly could not have done it without weight watchers. I know that any weight loss plan if it works with your life and you stick to it does work but this has been the only one to click with my lifestyle. I'm learning better habits in a very tangible way.

The points plus system is also very easy especially with smart phone app, and now fruits and most vegetables are free. I do have to watch how much fruit I eat though because of the sugar but all in all, I definitely recommend weight watchers either online or meeting with e-tools.

Best of luck and let me know if you have more questions!!
CaityCait88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

It's super easy to get the hang of. Fresh fruits and almost all vegetables are free points, and everything else can be counted in the calculator. The point system is still in use, but it's been revised a lot since the last time you were there. Food is calculated in PointsPlus versus the old points, and they are in general higher in value, but also the daily and weekly ranges are higher in value.

I do meetings and also online with a Monthly Pass, and I use the tracker and recipe builder on my iPhone app. I love the meetings, it's good to see the same people each week and get and give support to each other.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Jennifer and Caity pretty much covered it there. I track online, but can still attend meetings as well. I like having all the resources at my fingertips. I first signed up for 3 months (they waive the registration fee), and still have yet to regret that, and after that it switches to a monthly pass that automatically bills.

This is the only thing that has actually clicked because it forced me to look at the choices I make, and see the direct correlation with not only my weight, but also with other areas of my physical health, and my overall mental and emotional health.

100% worth it, IMO!
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I joined a year and two weeks ago and all I can say is WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!!!??!! I started off wearing a tight 18, today i wear a six. I do the actual meetings because I like the accountability and also because I'm a scale obsessor so by going to the meetings, i can weigh once a week and not keep a scale at home. Good luck with whichever way you choose.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote