Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Arrow WW Weekly Chit Chat: 10/1 - 10/7

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning! Can't believe it's October. Where did summer go? My pool isn't even covered. UGh! Tracked my WW points yesterday and calories (on Lose IT) just for comparison...won't do it every day...it was a lot of work. I will say that Lose it app is WAY easier to use then WW.....and it's free....why can't WW use all the money they make and perfect theirs??! Anyway, I was at 31 points yesterda (allowed 34) and calories were 1371. Weird. Some days, when my points are close to allowed , I end up around 1700 caloires. Weird. Anyway. I've been keeping track of points daily, calories burned (via polar HRM) and weight loss per week for the past 7 weeks. Looking for a pattern between good weight loss weeks and what I did to get them. I'll need a few months to really make any conclusions. Last couple of weeks I lost 1 pound each...would like more as I have a long way to go and I'm exercising every day. But...time will tell. Trying to figure out MY body this time around. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

kamc1196 good job on tracking, I too in my past and present track a few different ways but the past 5-6 months or so I have been at a stand still and gain and lose the same few pounds just can't seem to break it yet. I do have to say though I am eating so much healthier and my clothes fit me nicer so something is working somewhere.

This past weekend dh and I had a mini weekend get away, even though I ate healthy for the most part I am sure I may see a gain this week. I am pushing water like crazy today and I will be leaving for the gym soon.

I have this website, cook this not that, it sends me recipes everyday and today sounds real good so I am going to give it a go tonight Spicy Thai chicken and basil. They redid a recipe from pf chan and made it healthy.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Oooh...we have been on a Thai kick lately...I'll have to look it up. DH and I usually go out to eat once a week. I always choose right after my weigh in and still make decent choices but use up you know how it is at restaraunts....

My weigh in this week is 4 1/2 down. That makes 25 total (24.6) and my 10%!!!! I'm quite happy. 7 weeks commitment. Imagine what another 7 weeks will bring?!!!!

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

Today has been a pretty good day, I can't say I was overly productive with work but did finish a few things.

Heard from my youngest dau last night...seems her and bf whom she has been living with have decided to marry. Well that is good but the date is the 20th of this month! LOL talk about on the fly! So I scrambled and my business partner is using his frequent flyer miles so I can go to the wedding.--score---but geez if I had a bit more notice I would have put more effort into dropping these last 15 lbs...a well
Old 10-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm working in Bismarck, ND this week. Yesterday, it was over 80 degrees. Tonight, some snow is expected. Brrrrrrr. I wish I'd brought a jacket!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hi guys! Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend/week. Good for y'all! As for me wellllll uhmmm at bit ok. I lost 0.4 on my last WI but it was good because that past week I went way over my WP (-5) So I was anticipating a gain but thankful I lost a teenie tiny bit.
NOW my WI is fast approaching once again and I might surely gain this time. 1st because my WP again is -5! (2 weeks in a row tsk tsk tsk) and TOM is around the corner and I mean soon lol. Then today ate like 4 pcs of pizza!!! for dinner. The good side though I ate healthy at breakfast and lunch. I hope that is a good thing hehehe. So I have two days to flush all this out of my system. I will surely drink drink drink water. But if TOM is indeed be here before/during my WI I will surely gain. :
Old 10-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #8  

I weighed myself this morning as usual. Usually I weigh myself at least twice to make sure the numbers are consistent. Well this morning they were crazy all over the place- the first seemed normal (0.5lb loss) but then it was a 2.5lb loss (from yesterday, so I really, really doubt it) and then a 3lb gain, etc. So I bought myself a new scale today. I weighed myself on each when I got home to compare and new scale says 1.5lb less than old one. Which is pretty awesome, of course, but is this accurate? I'm more likely to believe the new one since it's new. What do you all think?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #9  
Om nom nom

S/C/G: 138/134/120

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in this morning (I'm only on week 2 this round) and lost 2.6 lbs! I am trilled. I reweighed 3 times because I wasn't really expecting anything.

This week I starting to read around about a lot of people not having results with PointsPlus system and worrying that it wouldn't work for me because I'm finding it so easy. It seems like with all the fruits & vegetables being free that I must actually be consuming more calories than I need to lose weight. Not the case so far obviously!

Often I don't hit my allowance of 26 and come (1-6 points short) but figure if I'm really not hungry I must just be making up for it in 0's and don't worry about it. I only didn't have a chance to use any of my 46 bonus points this week.

Could this be setting myself up for failure lately (having nothing to reduce to)? Do you make yourself have extra to hit the targets or just not worry about them if you're full?

Interesting about tracking both points & calories together kmac! I love the freedom of not worrying about calories right now but I am sort of curious to plug in a few of my WW days on a calorie tracker and see how they measure up. I will let you know how it looks if I do.

Last edited by VeggiequarianChick; 10-05-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well chickies just wanted to say I made some awesome salad dressing with beat smart mayo/skim milk-turned into buttermilk/onion powder/garlic powder/pepper put it over some green leaf lettuce with tomato, hard boiled egg and a bit of feta...great lunch
Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #11  

I just learned that I can eat Chinese food and stay on plan. A cup of egg drop soup is 1 point, a cup of shrimp and broccoli is 3 points and an egg roll is 5 points.

*burps happily*
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Good morning! Excited to share you guys that today at my WI I lost 1.4 lbs! Yay!! I was trilled because I did not expect to see a loss with all the bad choices that I made this week and for having a -19 on my WP. Yes! Baadd hehehee. Still fell short though for my 10% goal (like 0.6 lbs short) so hopefully on my next WI I will reach that goal of mine. Hooopppefully . I know because I have been saying this over and over again for the past weeks. Sorry for that though. But I know you guys will gladly listen to my rants and frustrations these couple of weeks. I know you guys love me hehehehe

Starting my day today with a smile and a healthy breakfast. Have a good weekend guys (lucky for those who have no work/classes on monday~~long weekend!. I heard some of the schools in our area have classes on monday)
Anyway later!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #13  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

VeggiequarianChick: sometimes I go under, sometimes I go over my PP allowance. I think if you are consistently under by more than a point or two, I would add in healthy extras, like avocado, a teaspoon of olive oil, an extra slice of cheese or even a small treat. I don't think it's a big deal to go under, but I find my weight loss moves faster if I change it up, having low AND high point days.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #14  

I'm fretting a bit about my weigh in tomorrow. I had a couple of days this week in which I just kind of lost my mind and ate a helluva lot more than I should have. Also, beer was involved.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

LOL oh my I think we have all have our up and down weeks, I can say I think I am the queen there. Yesterday it was pizza and beer then wine...yikes! Today I was more in control but I am sure the scale will not be forgiving if I keep it up.

I just figure we are human and we are going to splurge now and again and thats ok as long as it is not a 'habit' we get back into

xxoo to all the hard work
Closed Thread