3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   OT: irritating pop up ads on 3FC (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/26259-ot-irritating-pop-up-ads-3fc.html)

lalala 04-01-2003 12:45 PM

OT: irritating pop up ads on 3FC

I may stop posting if I get one more ad for intimate glow. :o

Really not cool and I'm a pretty cool person.

Any good and free pop up stoppers?

lala

Kelly_S 04-01-2003 02:33 PM

Almost all sites nowadays have pop ups. They get paid money to have them and it helps keep the sites free. So either move on or don't complain because the 3FC don't as you for money to run their site.

lalala 04-01-2003 02:48 PM

Thank you Kelly for curt reply. :rolleyes
I used a pop up removal program and every thing is peachy keen.

Its not the concept of the pop up that I object to, I just found that one particularily offensive.

lala

edited for bad paste job

Domina 04-01-2003 02:59 PM

Lala: I'm with you.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kelly_S 04-01-2003 08:15 PM

Why is that one offensive? I don't understand. You see I have been around 3FC and Dotti's as well as BCB for a long time. I know these three sites use quite a bit of their own money to keep the sites up and running. I just get 'defensive' for them when someone 'complains' about the popups or banner ads. I find the ATKINS ones offensive but I just close them and move on.

Kelly_S 04-02-2003 09:25 PM

Guess sex isn't a part of life!:dizzy:

I don't find sex offensive.

feet 04-11-2003 12:10 PM

Right on Kelly!:lol:

trixiepup 04-11-2003 07:18 PM

it's still better than those horrid xcam popups that always focus on some models erect nipples. yeah, the cameras are for home security, yeah, uh huh.

GibsonGirl1957 04-12-2003 10:29 AM

Here's a FREE pop-up stopper that is easy to DL and turn on and off when you need to. I hope it helps.

www.panicware.com

QuilterInVA 04-14-2003 02:49 PM

Have you ever contributed to paying for this site? That's how it stays up for you to use for free - the ads. Put some money up when you complain about how they raise it.

MinnesotaLyn 04-19-2003 09:54 PM

Well, I don't get popup adds anymore because of a blocker. But when I did, I also found the intimate glow offensive BECAUSE I know that there are underage children that participate.

Frankly, I do find it offensive for personal reasons myself. I don't want to see that stuff....not that sex isn't a normal function, I find it a private matter. So I agree about that one particular add.

I am thankful to have free sites on the web, so I won't complain about other popups. I have learned an awful lot on these sites. And Kelly, I've learned a majority of it from you! Thanks.

Lyn