Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Working out and eating like a mad woman!

So starting Sunday I've really amped up my workouts. I started strength training again and have done cardio on the alternating days (so Sunday was cardio for about 45 mins, yesterday strength training for about 35 mins and today more cardio for about 50 mins). I've also managed to eat pretty much all of my weeklies (I have 12 left)! I understand the more I work out the hungrier I will be but I'm afraid I'm going to have a gain if I keep eating like this. I usually don't see a gain if I make too big of a dent in my weekly points.

Any advice? Am I doing too much? I feel absolutely great (a little sore) and frankly, I don't want to stop working out or give up strength training because I actually enjoy it. But I don't want to overeat and have a gain at the end of the week. Thanks!
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the exercise....keep it up!
I find after a workout I am less hungry...maybe I am odd just don't know.

Why not just eat your AP and leave the weeklies for craving times? And you need to really be honest when calculating those exercise points. I would even 'short change' yourself. I know when I do my cardio I tend to do interval training 2 hight 2 low for 60 min so as much as I want to say it was all high I have to split it up. When I do strength training I have to think...yes I did get out of breath but for how long?
You are doing a great job! Keep going
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #3  

I didn't even think about swapping activity points first-thanks for the tip! I try to be careful when calculating my AP as well because I know that its sometimes not an exact science. I make sure to calculate for high, moderate, and low parts of my cardio. Thanks for the tips and encouragement-its much appreciated!

Last edited by NYFLAgirl; 06-26-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I swap AP first for this reason, too. Because it's not always an exact science, as you point out, I like knowing there is that buffer of 49 points
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I do APs first, too, and have recently discovered that, for me, when I then dip into WPs I do not lose (I gain a small bit).

I also underestimate my APs a bit. Like, I cut 5 minutes off of the total time I am running.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #6  

Thank you ladies for the advice!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #7  
I think I can...

I recently added in strength training too and find that I am STARVING later in the day. I'm going to try a protein shake after my workout and see how that works.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote