Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile WW Weekly Chatter: 5/14 - 5/20

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hello Chickies!!
Started today with healthy breakfast. I am planning for this whole week to be a good one (i hope!). Last week I tracked but in 7 days 4 of those I went over my DP and a few points left from my WP!
Yesterday was the start of my week and of course ate out with family. Ate this whole link of sausage and it was 17 pts! I never planned or checked the nutritional value until this morning and it was a whopping 17 pts! So almost half of my WP was gone (used up all my DP already). I planned for the food I will eat at dinner yesterday but because we celebrated mother's day we have to eat out at this bbq place.
So I will try to be good this week and will try not to use the remaining of my WP and just stay within my DP!
Have a good week everyone!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

LOL Mothers day was a killer! We had a family get together, burgers on the grill, corn on the cobb, potato salad, homemade choc chip cookies....

Anyway to say the least I have gained from last week to the tune of 3lbs I am hoping it will fall off quickly now that work travel is over for a week and the holiday is done.

Hey anyone have a favorite way to cook shrimp? They had some jumbo ones on sale and I bought a few pounds but now I am not sure how i want to cook them. I am tired of steamed or boiled
Old 05-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

well had to go back to dr today to look at my hand/wrist from that nasty fall last thur. More xrays but did determine nothing is broke but I have a pretty severe sprain and will be in a splint fir a few weeks. The xray also showd arthritis in my right thumb joint ...so this means gym time is down to zero I can't hold on to the elliptical, cant do weights, cant tie tennies yet to evev take a long walk grrrr
Old 05-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

That sounds cruddy Nancy! My mom took a nasty fall off a ladder (at my house nonetheless! ) and broke her wrist and her humerus right before it joins at the shoulder. Kept her from playing golf or... well, being independent, for quite a while. Hopefully you'll be back at it soon!

Speaking of ailments, I've been having this weird issue where I get auras and light sensitivity like I'm going to get a migraine then I'll just get, what I'll call, a mini migraine that will last for a day or two. It's really put a damper on wanting to walk/run as I'm trying to do C25K. I had normally gone years between migraines but now seem to be getting these little ones every other week or so. Very odd!

Thankfully my eating has been going well. Today isn't an official WW weigh day but yesterday I showed at 228 which I thought was water but today I saw 226.8. That means I passed 10% lost and am that much closer to the two teens. Very happy morning for me.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Hi everyone!

I booked an appointment for Friday at a hair salon to get my hair cut. I realize this might not sound like a big deal, but right now my hair reaches my waist and I'm looking to get it cut to shoulder length!! It's going to be a big, big, big change, but I have so many other big changes going on over the course of my journey and I feel like my hair is the last bit I have to let go of. It will be exciting but I'm super nervous!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Tonight I succumbed to cookies and cream ice cream cake and cherry roll ice cream cake! Ate half of both. It was my nephews pre-school graduation so celebrated with family. There goes my plan of not going over my DP

Tomorrow is a new day and I will try harder to stay away from tempatation!!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

Wow tudor that is a huge decision to cut hair that long, will you be donating it? I bet you are going to look even more beautiful than you are now.

well my hand/wrist is a tad better today enough so I could actually fasten my bra and...tie my tennies so I took a good walk. Not the gym but still movement yeah
Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/189/145

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone!
Haven't been tracking for the last couple weeks, i decided to go back to school after being out of school for 14 years. Been tring to adjust and not paying attention to my diet. But i am ready to get back on track. Luckly i haven't gained anything, but i haven't lost either.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #10  
girl disappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Wow tudor that is a huge decision to cut hair that long, will you be donating it? I bet you are going to look even more beautiful than you are now.
I am hoping to donate it, yes. My coworker was like "Some little girl would love to get that long red hair"
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: sw/cw/gw 220/217/160

Tudor I recently cut my hair short too!!! Mine wasn't quite as long as yours is but it was a big change in not sure if the website will let me post a nope I have to have 25 posts first I'll see if I can change my avatar
Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #12  

Can't change my avatar w my phone my files are too big I'll change it tonight. Do you know how you ate going to cut it?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #13  
girl disappearing

I'm hoping for something like this: http://beauty.about.com/od/photosmed...irstyles_4.htm

My hair is naturally wavy -- I mean, even at waist length I have waves -- and I like the cut and length of the one in the photo. But one reason I grew it out was because my waves always annoyed me, I never know how to care for them so they never looked good. My hair routine has drastically changed since growing my hair long and I think it's more beneficial to the waves, so I'm going to a stylist who specializes in curly/wavy hair in the hopes she'll help me learn to embrace them

Last edited by Tudor Rose; 05-17-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #14  

Pretty!!! Mine is cut just at my jaw line an tapers forward where it's longer in the front and stacked short in the back but my hair is very straight.... You will livable it so much easier and lighter on your head.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192.4/150.6/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi my name is Cheryl. I've been doing WW since Oct. 2006. Reached my goal in May 2007 and Lifetime June 2007. I went below my goal. I didn't maintain that tho. I've been hovering around paying for at least 2 years. I've been paying since Jan of this year.

I only weigh a couple times a month cause I feel so embarassed. I never thought I'd be paying for WW again. I'm 4.6 over goal and 10.6 over my goal.
Closed Thread