3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   M&m's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/256258-m-ms.html)

mzKiki 04-03-2012 09:40 PM

M&m's

I saved 6 points for a pack of M&M's that I felt that I couldn't live without while I was in the grocery store earlier. Now they're just laying on my night stand. Technically I can eat them since I "budgeted" for them, but you know it just seems wrong to me!!
I know eventually in life I will want to eat sweets ocassionally and this is a lifestyle not a diet, but I just cant get out of my head that I'm not supposed to eat M&M's.

nancylmrn 04-03-2012 10:16 PM

Those and reeses peanut butter cups are the root of all evil IMO lol. I had a bag last night

Tonyia 04-03-2012 10:20 PM

I do that too. I'll budget for something "evil" and then I don't want to eat it because I feel horrible about eating it.

mzKiki 04-03-2012 11:38 PM

LOL, well glad to see I'm not alone. I did eat half the bag. That was oddly enough

hle82 04-04-2012 08:01 AM

Don't deprive yourself! I think planned indulgences are the very best bc you get a treat but can still feel good about the choice you made.

mammasita 04-04-2012 09:23 AM

Planned treats are definitely necessary, enjoy those M&Ms!! They keep me on track.

chubbybunny29 04-04-2012 11:35 AM

Its why I like to keep skinny cow or weight watchers frozen treats in the house. They are around 3 points (I'm on flex, not PP, but are similar in points in PP) and are really tasty. They don't have that horrid fake ice cream aftertaste. They make me feel like I'm getting a treat, but don't blow my day.

pointspluspioneer 04-04-2012 12:59 PM

^^^That's how i get through each night without going off the deep end!! I love them. And yes, they taste great!!

DrivenByAmbition 04-04-2012 02:10 PM

You can eat them though... Just in small amounts :) Isn't that great?

kireos 04-04-2012 04:11 PM

I feel this way sometimes too! I'll budget for an "evil" bag of m&m's or chocolate bar and before I can enjoy it, I feel guilty because I still think those are off limits. I try to remember that little treats like this are okay as long as I plan for them. If I still feel guilty afterwards, I can do an extra workout to make me feel better.

So I say, enjoy those m&ms!

mariposssa 04-04-2012 04:26 PM

I'm not on WW, but I sometimes budget my carbs for a late night snack size Hershey's Special Dark or dark chocolate Mint 3 Musketeers. 60 calories and less than 9 carbs. They recently downsized the $1 packages so that you only get 6 instead of 8. So, even if you lost all control and couldn't stop at one; the whole package is about the same calories as one candy bar, just divided into six individual bite sized indulgences. :D

JessicaCocaCola 04-04-2012 09:56 PM

Lol I did the same thing tonight, only I ate half instead of the whole bag, gave the other half to my daughter