Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Self-sabotage-hard to get going again! Please advise!

Hello everyone,
I am an online WW member and I am stuck. It seems to me that over the last few weeks I have had hard time staying even remotely on plan. I have been insanely busy and now that things are slowing down a bit at work, I would like to re-focus on my weight loss (before trying to conceive baby #2).
I have been thinking about going to community meetings as I hope I will be more motivated to follow the plan and I also plan to start working out (I have a gym membership already but have not gone to the gym for probably 6 months).

My problem is that I start out well in the morning, I usually eat a healthy lunch but evenings at home with cooking dinner for my son and non-stop snacking really sabotage my efforts. I love WW, I lost my first 50 pounds by going to meetings and then life became too busy. I gained about 5 pounds over the last 6 months which is not terrible but I just can't seem to get going again.

Any advice?

I am also at a point when I am like the way I look and it is not an emergency to lose weight so I think that influences my motivation to lose weight.

What can I do? What has worked for you? I would like to lose about 25 lbs before TTC.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Kat
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

Recently they've been suggesting that you can start your tracking day with your biggest meal, like starting with dinner. Maybe this would work for you? Maybe if that's the beginning of your day, instead of throwing the towel you might be more motivated to start fresh?

Also maybe you are not eating enough throughout the day causing the late evening hunger? Another idea could be to eat a planned late afternoon snack so you don't come home famished.
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Wickedlady, thanks for your response. I think you may be right with suggesting that I may not be eating enough during the day and also I like your idea of a planned PM snack...something decent, with protein so that I am not starving by the time I get home and attack everything in my kitchen.

Thanks!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #4  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

What I started doing was making sure I ate a good breakfast, some protein with lunch and at home I made sure I had some "emergency" foods on hand for those snacking times. Like little baggies with frozen grapes, containers of fresh pineapple, frozen banana slices, bell pepper slices an hummus. Even those WW smoked cheese sticks can be life savers!!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I keep fresh fruit readily available, along with some carrots for those munchy times.

And I eat dinner with my family on a smaller plate.

These lil things help me alot.
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

I also find if I track before I eat it makes a difference in what I'm willing to put in my mouth. When I see it on paper (or in my case on my iPhone) I think 10 points! not worth it and I don't eat it, or I think 10 points! not bad! and I do, either way I've made a conscious decision and it takes the mindlessness out of the equation.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I would suggest figuring out how many points are in your dinner first then plan the rest of your day, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks around that. As others have said, maybe you're not eating enough during the day, and it could be because you *know* you have a big meal coming at night and don't want to use up your points. But if you work backwards and figure out dinner first, maybe you can then spread your remaining points out in a better way.

Pre-planning really is a life saver for me. Over the weekend I usually figure out what I want to eat for dinner that week and then go grocery shopping and plan, plan, plan. It takes time and effort, but I find I'm better at staying on piont when I have my meals figured out in advance
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I agree with you Tudor pre planing is the only way to go even if it kinda on the fly first thing in the morning. There are many morning when I am not sure what I am going to have for dinner so I have to stop and think, claculate the points then work the rest of my day around it. I also know if I get a little sidetracked I can use my ap's or even my weeklies
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote