Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Wink WW Chit Chat: 3/19 - 3/25

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Gooooood early, early Monday morning, everyone!

Hope you're all looking forward to a lovely late March week.

I fielded a surprise visit from my sister and her family on Saturday night. We ordered pizza, but I had a salad and limited my slices. Also, since we only ordered two boxes, the few leftovers were gladly eaten by the husband. I'm... not even tempted. It was very successful.

My brother and his fiancée are planning a visit this coming week for a night or two, so I'm glad that I got my house cleaned early. Now to keep it that way for the week... and forever beyond
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Another Monday morning....so not ready for the new week! But it was a rough weekend (Burger King, pizza, popcorn, cupcake, peanut butter eggs, etc), so at least I'm ready to put that behind me and start new.

I'm going to try to be as controlled as possible this week....limit carbs, stock up on fruits and veggies, and continue the gym work to hopefully get my weight back in check.

It's frustrating that one weekend can derail all the hard work done in a month's time.

Last edited by Chele615; 03-19-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Morning ladies... i am never up this early - ever. but, leaving for Las Vegas really early in the morning (have to be at the airport for 5am) so figured i should get up early so i can go to bed early! Wonderful boyfriend made me some eggs with toast and a nice hot coffee so i am good to go. However freaking out that i have nothing at all to wear! soooo im going to go out soon and see if i can look in some stores for a new item to take with me.

Im a bad girl, i didnt go to weigh in last week. I was so upset and angry with my weeks progress. Not the eating part, but that i stepped on my home scale (which is the same as the WW one always) and saw i was up like 3lbs. So ive been doing this weird yo-yo thing for a few weeks... up and down, up and down! its been quite upsetting for me. It wont be any better this week either because going to vegas it will be difficult to control what i eat. I will try my best though, all i can do. I want to enjoy myself, not be fretting the whole time im there about what ive eaten.

Anyone have some vegas strategies for me? anyone been there on the diet? what did you eat?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #5  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies!

Happy Monday!

I had a couple of odd days last week so I am hoping this week is much smoother. I'd like to see the scale go down more this week than last week but it did go down 1.5lbs so that's better than not moving at all.

Hoping to get a bit more exercise in this week as well as more water! We shall see.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Lovely - WTG on the pizza minefield!

Chele - can you possible be holding onto some water due to all of the sodium intake?

Mercury - I have be on a diet plan while in Vegas. At buffets, I ate one bite of whatever I wanted to. At sit down restaurants, I tried to order the best I could, and then oly ate ntil I was full - which meant about 1/3 of the plate. I never felt deprived while we were there. I also ending losing 1 pound that week. There is so much walking that you should balance verything out! Good luck and have fun!

Well, I'm down 3 pounds this week. My goals for the week are to stick to my menu plan and get lots of water in. Hope you all have a great week!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Lovely: We did the pizza thing this weekend as well. I was able to limit it to a garden style thin crust pizza with olives, mushrooms, onions and roma tomatoes. I still think I hate too much but it could have been worse. DH and the kids got a greasy, thick pepperoni with extra cheese. I don't think I could lick it without bloating.

mercuryblue: I've never been to Vegas so I really can't help much but I hope your willpower holds out and each buffet/restaurant has some good options for you.

Hm... after my night out with my husband which included more alcohol than intended , a weekend full of surprise meals with various friends, copious amounts of exercise working in the yard and a rather nasty sunburn, I didn't lose this week. Maybe that's a good sign that I didn't gain given I'm probably holding on to water from the burn, sodium and muscle repair but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Oh well! New week and I'll cross my fingers for a "whoosh."
Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #8  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Mercury, I ate lots of fruits and veggies when I was in Vegas and watched my carb intake (like, at the breakfast buffets I stayed far away from the muffins and pastries). But, believe me, I still enjoyed a lot of the really good food there and still lost. You walk a TON so pack comfy shoes You never know, this trip and the change might just be the jolt your body needs to get out of the yo-yo pattern!

I only lost 1/2 a lb this week, but it was enough to push me over 70: I've lost 70.2 lbs I did a whole bunch of walking this past weekend too, it was just so nice out i couldn't stay inside!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

Mercury, I can relate to the yoyo thing! I have been doing that for months. Sometimes through fault of my eating, sometimes not. I tend to follow up a big loss week with a gain. What I was doing for a while was being frustrated by this, eating poorly, and ended up gaining a 2nd week in a row! A lot of times I would skip meeting from embarassment. As soon as I let go of the power it had over me, things improved. I still tend to gain the week after a big loss, but I just shrug it off and keep on trucking. And I go to the meeting anyway! I still have the random gains every now & then, but the loss is a lot steadier since I stopped playing games with the weigh-ins and letting the scale have emotional power like that.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #10  
Donna

Hi all,

I know I posted to this group, but I can't find it so it must have been a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, I'm really trying to get in the habit of posting more regularly.

I'm really happy I lost 2 lbs at WI on Saturday. That gives me 3 lbs over the last 3 weeks (since I decided to recommit to this) 1 lb a week is really good for me usually I'm closer to the half pound average. And yesterday was on track to, which is great I tend to have issues with weekends.

I'm happy grilling season seems to have arrived early. Yesterday we made Fajittas for dinner which is one of my favorite summer meals. I decided to actually weigh my meat (usually I just guess 4 oz) and it was more than expected so I was happy.

Wikedlady - I have to say I loved your post I've been in that spot myself so congratulations.

Mercury - Have fun and good luck in Vegas

lovely and muffin - congrats on the pizza victories

chele - just put it behind you and move on you can do it.

To all the losers congratulations.

Gotta go grab lunch. Have a great day all.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Lovely and chele great job on the pizza such willpower!
mercuryblue I am there with you as far as the yo you stuff goes it is going on I think close to 2 months for me...so frustrating but on a high note yeah Vegas! have fun
Tonyia, texscrapper and Tudor Rose great job on your loss!
XLMuffnTop great job on maintaning

I was up 1.5 this week but I expected it I made some poor choices last week plus only got to the gym a few times

Yesterday I had good intentions for the gym..even went but as I was changing my clothes I realized I had two pair of shorts in my bag and no tee! So I had to get dressed in my street clothes and go home LOL. Today will be better I double checked my gym bag to make sure I had what I needed.

I am going to push water this week too and really watch that late night snacking that seems to get me in trouble. Hopefully what I gained will be gone by next monday.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #12  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

This weekend is the Cleveland International Film Festival and I'm pretty much going to be there all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (I'm a volunteer and have an all-access movie pass to the films). It's held at the theaters in a shopping center and my only food options are like fast food, although there are a few restaurants. But I'm trying to plan smart, so I'm going through the list of dining options. Only a few are chain and have nutritional info online, but I figure I can buy a 6 inch subway sub, eat half for lunch and save half for dinner and bring my own chips and dessert from home already portioned out. Maybe get a side salad from mcDonalds. That's my plan at least

It's always tricky when you can't get your hands on all of the nutritional info and I'm a vegetarian, so that cuts my options even more. While they have an amazing salad bar restaurant, it's so easy to unknowingly get out of control at those things. These days I honestly stay as far away from salad bars as possible!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Sounds like an awesome plan Tudor!

well I really pushed the water today ended up with 14 servings LOL
Old 03-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

So I don't think that the extra pounds earlier this week is just from sodium. Since my high weight this weekend (about 4 pounds above my ticker weight), I am only down like .8 since then. Boo!!! I knew I screwed up, but it's frustrating that I did that much damage to myself in a 24 hour period of time.

I've been making the best choices I can though. Last night, I had a huge bowl of salad for dinner. Lettuce, peppers, carrots, those already made chicken cut things from Purdue, dressing. It was delicious and definitely kept me full throughout the night.

I know the extra weight will come off again, but it just makes me upset that I worked so hard to get down to 175 (75 pounds lost since I started losing weight), and one weekend shot me back up to the top of the 170's. Ugh!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Hope that you are all doing well!

I have had a problem the last few days - I just can not seem to eat all of my points I end the day with 8 - 12 points, I'm completely full and can't take another bite. The bad thing about it is that I am gaining a bit of my weight back - about a half a pound.

I feel like it is due to my not eating all the points. My hubby tells me that I am just eating "too healthy" right now but he's probably right. Anyway - I'm trying to get in more points the rest of the week and see how it goes.
Closed Thread