Awesome soup

• I made the most amazing soup tonight...I just had to share. Its a chicken tortilla soup I made in the crockpot. I plugged it into the recipe builder and it came up at 4 points per serving. The added bonus is that every ingredient is a power food! Easy, yummy, healthy and low points....thats my kinda food.

6oz boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
    16oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
    14oz can diced tomatoes
    7oz can diced green chilis
    12oz jar fat free salsa
    1/2 cup frozen corn
    3 cups fat free, low sodium chicken stock
    I added garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and a bit of oregano, but you could use a taco seasoning or something like that.
    Simmer for 5 hours on high, or put it together in the morning and simmer on low all day. Just before you serve it, pull out the chicken breasts, shred and return to the pot.
    I topped it with a couple of tbsp of fat free sour cream and a sprinkle of fat free cheese. It was deeeelicious, and hubby went back for seconds. I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow!
  • This does sound wonderful! It doesn't seem like enough chicken, tho... did you find 6oz of chicken to be enough for the whole batch? Also, is that 4 old points or is that the new PointsPlus? ( i do the old WW thingie) And what is a serving size? This just may be on the dinner menu for next week!
  • 6oz seemed to work just fine, especially since you shred it. The points were for the new PP. I put it into the recipe builder as 6 servings, so I portioned out 6 to freeze some, but didn't measure them. They were quite big servings though. You could easily get 8. I'd say it was about 1 1/2 to 2 cup serving.
    It took about 5 minutes to open and pour, and 3 minutes to shred. It was so easy it was ridiculous.
  • I have made similar and it is yummy, I add celery and sometimes some baked tortilla cut up and add to soup just before serving