Old 02-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I think my daily target is too high

So my daily target is 44 points. I'm beginning to think it is too high for me. If I eat healthy foods that make me feel good and I know are good for me I end up about 7 points under. Normally what has been happening is I spend too many points on things like huge portions of pasta or brown rice because I just have so many points to spend in the day.. and these are not the foods or portions I should be eating. :/
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Don't feel as though you have to force yourself to eat if you truly aren't hungry, but before you drop your points you may want to consider a few things.

Under the GHG have you been consistently getting in your daily dairy servings and healthy oils? Those can add up to a few points, and especially if you're using higher fat dairy products (instead of fat free immediately) that can keep your points higher while still remaining perfectly healthy.

If you want to add in a few things that will bump up your points while also still choosing healthier foods you may want to try the following:

- A serving of nuts (usually an ounce)
- Peanut Butter / other nut butters
- An extra serving of healthy oil
- Avocado
- A serving of dried fruit (usually an ounce or two)
- Using full fat dairy products instead of immediately jumping down to “fat free”

I noticed that the last time you posted you were concerned about your food choices, so it seems that you've made a transition into eating healthier foods than you had been in the past. Don't forget to be proud of that! It's a big accomplishment.

With all this in mind, if you still aren't comfortable eating 44 Points, it is well within the plan's structure to manually lower your Daily Points to 41. If you use eTools the option to do so is under Settings. And if you track with a pen and paper then all you have to do is write in 41 Points at the start of your day instead of 44.

This is a trial and error process, so keep up with the great changes. You'll find the balance that works for you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote