Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/121/112

Height: 5"2

Cool Do I HAVE to eat all of my daily points?

Hi!!

I have recently joined ww after a real lack of motivation recently and just wondering if I have to eat all 26pp a day? The last 2 days I am at about 4pp under and wonder if this will have an effect on my weight loss or will i lose more as I've consumed less?
prillabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I think you might have to play it by ear. Everyone's body is different and some of us can lose by eating all of our daily PP and then the weeklies and others have to keep it at just the daily PP or below and not touch the weeklies.

So, I would say that you don't have to, but if you don't lose any weight then try to add in some power foods to hit your target and to give your metabolism a push.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

When I first started I found that I couldn't seem to get all my points and I had 29 this was before the points reduction. When my weight loss stalled it seemed to restart when I started eating all my points. Now that my points were reduced to 26 I struggle to not go over.
Everyone is different see if it stalls your efforts this was just my experience.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #4  
BACON

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'2

wish I had a problem of it being to many points for me... I don't seem to have enough lol

BUT when I do have those day where I have left over pts I have CHEESE !

I ALWAYS USE up my points
LEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

If you only have 26, that is the minimum and you really shouldn't be eating less than that. Getting in the GHGs is going to take up a big chunk of that.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #6  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Agreed. Often times your weight loss will stop if you're not eating them all. Not eating them causes most people to go into what's called starvation mode and your body holds onto the fat. If you have 4 points left at the end of the day and you can't eat much more find something higher in points that is small.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am also at 26 points, I was told I must eat all my points PLUS my fruits and veggie servings everyday, or I will not have enough calories to be safe on a daily basis. I think that is good advice
It makes sense to me. I have not used all of my weeklies so far, and have never touched my activity points.
I have been reading about people using activity points instead of weeklies (so they have to earn the extra points) and I may do that, but so far I don't think I would have gone over activity points either.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #8  

Yes, you do have to eat all 26 points every day. 26 is the lowest you can go and still get adequate nutrition. If you are eating a lot of "diet" foods or too many fruits and vegetables to be able to get in all your daily points, eat real food or cut back.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'0"

Default WW Points , new to site

Hello. This form of support and motivation is very new to me. I googled 'not eating all daily points' and found great suggestions here. So, I registered and hope to continue with this format.

A little background- I'm almost 46 years old and have never been this heavy. It's a good news, bad news thing. Bad news is I suffer from Crohn's disease, so almost any food, or food plan, is a challenge. I am a former anorexic, lowest weight 85, in 2003. The Good news, sort of, I have MOST DEFINITELY conquered the anorexia, and the Crohn's Disease is currently in remission. Therefore the reason I'm trying to go from 180-130. Seeing the 180 and not fitting anything really freaked me out. Not worried about old habits. I've been very, very thin and very, very unhealthy. I certainly prefer a few extra pounds and feeling good. Unfortunately, I have really gotten heavy. Finally had to do something, when I got 20 additional pounds for Christmas, and shortness of breath doing simple tasks. Must admit I have started and re-started a few times. Will power is in short supply. I have no one or nothing to blame but myself and my love for cake and cookies. That's why WW seems to be a good fit for me. There are many things to satisfy my sweet tooth that will not add to my already tipping the scale number.

New to WW, and not eating my 26. Thank you everyone who took the time to post all the wonderful suggestions I am going to incorporate. I finally got the first 5 off!! It IS much harder to lose after 30, and menopause is just an added bump in the road. I think I'm in a good routine now. I will be able to eat my 26 for sure now, and I do get to work out everyday!! That is helping.

I'm hoping to gain more useful information on making WW work. In addition to that, I'm thrilled to be motivated, and inspired, by all of the other posts I've read.

Please keep them coming. If anyone ever feels that all their work goes unappreciated, DONT!!!! I'm reading, and because I'm reading, I'm not eating a cupcake!! I'm reaching for a yogurt instead. Thank you all!!!!!
happy2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:46 AM   #10  

Happy2Lose,

Hugs. I can definitely relate - I have a past of under eating as well. That said, I have felt that WW has helped me realize what "normal" portion sizes are. As well, I feel that you will find that tracking what you are eating will build your confidence that you are eating the right amount (not overeating) and will ease up on any guilt if you decide to indulge in a treat (within your plan of course). With me, no matter how healthy I ate, I felt guilty for a single on-plan cookie. With time it has gotten better. It can still be a mind game, but what I do when I'm doubting myself is look at my daily eating in my tracker and it calms me down because I can see that I'm on the right track.

Good luck. I would encourage you to not only eat your 26 points but to eat some of your activity or weeklies as well. Even if you allow 5 weeklies per week you likely will see that it will not effect your weight loss. And maybe aftier that you'll feel comfortable to add 5 more. That is how I overcame the fear of eating weeklies. Eating some weekly points also improved my quality of life.

Last edited by Autumnjana; 02-13-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote