Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175.5/ticker/145

Height: 5.5

I started WW last Tuesday and last nite was weigh in. I lost 3.6lbs. I love the plan so far and am really motivated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #17  

Chele - I think you're right about my post. DOH! Why didn't I think of that!

Katiesho- Welcome & congrats on the 3.6 :-)
Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #18  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

weighed in tonight, down 2 more pounds. DOing well on this plan, and liking it. Ate on plan all day, and got lots of activity points, wearing me right out. Time for bed.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

LOL Tudor it is not 'that time of the month' for me and maybe it is the full moon but all I want is fried food and chocolate....so what did I do...ater cheez its and wine so I am up 2lb this morning but I know it is the salt and no exercise

katiesho great job! Fatmad way to go

well lets see what today brings tonight is the family dinner out with daughter
Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #20  
Made of Starstuff

Morning, everyone!

I've got my coffee and had some decent sleep. I'm ready for a cozy weekend here.

Only thing I really have planned is grocery shopping. I'm just about out of greek yogurt, and that must be remedied! I'm going to have to be careful about sticking to my list, though. I'm in one of those "snacky" moods.

I realized something about the way that I look at food recently. In the past, and sometimes now, the taste of the food is important, but almost equally as important is the quantity in my desire to eat it... Here's the commercial that triggered it. For those in the states, there's a Golden Corral ad for their Chocolate Wonderfall (basically a fondue pot for dipping in stuff), and of course my mind immediately goes to eating chocolate. I tell myself that I don't really want that Chocolate Wonderfall, because it's more than likely that it's not the best quality chocolate and wouldn't really taste worth it. There was a small part of my mind that responded "Yeah, it might not taste as great as Lindt chocolates or something, but look at how much there is! That would surely mean it was worth it."

So, I clearly somewhere along the way have learned to equate the amount eaten with the worth of eating it. It's not just a small bag of X Food that I want, it's the WHOLE CRATE! I'm wondering where that comes from. It's not crippling my plans or anything, but I'm also curious to see if there's anything I can do to switch that mindset. That the taste is important, and a little bit of a something that tastes good is better than a lot of something that tastes "meh". That it's OK to be satisfied with a small bit of something.

Wishing everyone a really swell weekend Make the most of it!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Lovely I find that is true for me too. I would rather have something in a small amt that taste fantastic than have a bowl full of just so/so. This past week I have been watching back episodes of worst cook in america and then went to the food network website and took some of the receipes off of there and thought I would give them a try just for something different but I really will have to watch the points on some of them. But the food just looked so good

Ok I am off to the grocery store
Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #22  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Hey, Lovely. All I have to say about the Golden Corral Chocolate fountain is just imagine all the kids walking by it sticking their filthy fingers in it and then it doesn't sound so appetizing anymore!

This week I spoke as a "local celebrity" at my Weight Watchers Open House. It was actually very motivating for me to see all these people that want to have the success that I've had. I've been struggling with staying on plan lately, telling myself that I now know how to lose weight so what does it matter if I make a few bad choices. I've done awesome the last week or so though and now I remember how fun and motivating it is to see the number on the scale go down. It's time to keep on keeping on!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #23  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

I have "Rediscovered" two snacks: One is 94% fat free popcorn. I love popcorn but haven't eat it in so long because of the points in normal popcorn, but then I found some of the 94% fat free and decided to buy it. It's actually really good!

Then I found the knock off brand of rice cakes at my grocery store. I grew up eating rice cakes but hated them because they reminded me of "diet food." but I bought the white cheddar flavor and Caramel corn. It's 1 point for one rice cake and the caramel corn is sooooooooo good and I add 1/2 a T of peanut butter and nomnomnom. It makes a tasty snack and a quick breakfast.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #24  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

down another 2 pounds on my home scale. Today is saturday and I will use a few extra points tonight just to enjoy. I am working on adding a bigger variety of foods. We get a local food box through the winter. SO we are getting a few interesting things in it. Last year we tried celeriac for the first time, and now its a staple winter food. TOday, its salad turnips, I made a waldorf style salad with apples and nuts and them, quite tasty.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #25  
Made of Starstuff

&

I got out to the produce store yesterday. I love going there. Stocked up on fruits & veggies and even treated myself to a wedge of brie. Yum! I had it last night with some crackers and grapes. I love cheese...

loserjulie - Hurray! I was hoping to hear an update about the talk. I'm glad it went well, and that you're doing awesome

Nancy - Hope you got all the good stuff from grocery shopping

Tudor - I love those rediscoveries. That's making me want some popcorn today.

fatmad - Grats on those 2 pounds That salad does sound yummy.

I woke up far too early this morning, but ah well. Sometimes when you wake up, you're up for a while.

I have plenty of veggies from shopping yesterday, but today I'm going out to the OTHER grocery store. Lots to get there. Bonus: walking around a grocery store is good movement.

I think I need to returning to planning dinners. I did that for a while, and it was good. I don't know why I ended up letting it get away from me... Hmm.

Have a splendid Sunday, all
Old 02-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Hey everyone

I haven't been around for a few months and I cancelled my WW membership. Big mistake. Anyway I'm rejoining in 2 weeks (when I get back from Vegas) and I'm coming back to these boards for support because that's what really worked for me.

I joined WW last June and lost 15 pounds. Then hit a major plateau and had some major life changes and decided to quit WW. But I'm refocusing and getting back. I have been doing intermittent fasting since December and I really like it. But I think the combination of IF and WW will be great.

Anyway I just wanted to jumb in and say hi and see how everyone is doing. Keep up the great work and motivation!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #27  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I think I need to returning to planning dinners. I did that for a while, and it was good. I don't know why I ended up letting it get away from me... Hmm.
I always have to plan my dinners as it really keeps me on track during the week. But I only work M-Thurs, so while my first four days are structured I have to be careful on the weekends. It's weird how that extra day of a three day weekend can throw you for a loop when it comes to planning!

I just did the treadmill and I'm VERY proud of myself! I am not a fan of the treadmill and I do not run and never have. BUT this morning I did a speed of 3.0, incline of .5. I did walk for 30 seconds, jog for 90 seconds and I did it for a mile, so 20 minutes! When I sat down and did a total I jogged for like 15 minutes that way And it wasn't nearly as bad as it always seems in my head, so I'm definitely going to add that to my weekly work out and build up my time and intervals.

Now I shall enjoy my new favorite snack of two caramel corn rice cakes with 1/2 T of peanut butter and 1 t of agave nectar spread between them. So yummy!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Awesome job on the walk/jog combination Tudor!! That's how I do it now on the treadmill. I used to be able to run for a good 25-30 minutes without stopping, but my knees and feet paid a lot for that. I stopped doing that for awhile and am now easing myself back into it. I do about 6 minutes jogging and then 4 minutes walking and rotate through for about an hour. And like you said, when you add it up, you are still jogging for a good chunk of time!!!

As for me, I think I figured out something that will help me out. Saturday mornings are my WW weigh-ins. I pick up my friend, we stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffees on the way, and then drink them after the weigh in (during the meeting). However, I don't like coffee, so I usually would get a hot chocolate. I think that the hot chocolate (as well as my lack of self-control) was setting me off on a binge throughout the day. Saturdays would always be so hard to keep myself in control which would then lead into Sunday which would be Patriots game day with so many different types of food. So, basically my weekends were a wash and would usually set me up 2-4 pounds from weigh in weight. Yesterday, we went to Dunks and I got myself a green tea with Equal in it and my day was so much better!! I didn't feel like I wanted to eat everything in sight after coming home. Win So, no more hot chocolates for me unless I make them at home with my 25 calories hot cocoa mix!

Last edited by Chele615; 02-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

I have to plan my dinners too to stay on track. Yesterday I tried a recipe from america's worst cooks it was a crepe with a filling of chicken, aspagus, tomoato and a little bechamel sauce it was actually pretty good but the serving called for two crepes and I could only get through one it was so filling.

Today I have started out good with a bag of celery for breakfast along with a bit of egg beaters and salsa. Tonight something with chicken breast and steamed veggies just wish I could pin it down in my head what that combination is going to look like

I applaud you that can get on the treadmil I just cant do it and end up doing the same routine at the gym on the elliptical. Maybe today I will mix it up some
Old 02-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi everyone,
I am post winter carnival, and I think I did okay, I brought a bag full of snacks and though I ate a few things and drank a few things that weren't the best choices and my activity wasn't what I would have preferred for the day because standing in the cold watching a parade burns suprisingly few calories but takes a lot of energy out of you.

I'm hoping the bad items don't delay my weigh in this week too badly.

Tudor: congrats on the intervals! I've read a bunch of articles that suggest that working out that way is more efficient than steady state even if your steady state is hard work.

Chele: That's a great discovery about your meeting and the trigger of the hot cocoa.

Welcome back Proatthis!

Lovely: I would love to hear your dinner plans, I'm always looking for new ideas.

Waves to everyone else!
Closed Thread