Old 01-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up I am so stinkin' excited!

My SO's employer is opening up WW memberships to spouses/ domestic partners, and I get to "officially" join after the 1st (will take 3 weeks to kick-in. Boo). My SO, G, briefly joined the program last year, and with me using his meeting pamphlets, we did it together for about 3 months. He quit and I've been doing it on my own since (tracking on an Excel spreadsheet, Googling nutritional facts & using the calculator he bought me when PP started). Lost 40 lbs, so far, and have about 35 to go until goal.

I'm super excited to really do PP and see if/ where I've been going wrong in my counting (i'm in a crazy plateau). I'm pretty sure I'm going to do face-to-face meetings, but do meeting participants get to use etools to track, or have access to the online recipes, etc? If not, what if you start with meetings and decide you want to do online only, does WW allow switching (one time) easily?

I'm proud of myself for as far as I've come "on my own"... but I cannot wait to see what being more compliant brings.

HAPPY NEW YEARS, CHICKIES.

Last edited by girlsenberry; 01-01-2012 at 02:34 AM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #2  

Also- are there new 2012 PP calculators, or are we using the same blue ones from 2011?
Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

There are new ones. The old ones still work to calculate points but you can't use it to calculate how many points you get to eat. The new ones seem to have buttons that press down easier as well.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Congrats on coming so far with just some basics of WW principles! You seem like you are doing a great job. I think occasional plateaus are part of the process.

Will you be paying for WW? I'm not sure if employer-sponsored WW meetings allow participants to use/access the etools unless you are paying. Once you pay for etools, or earn access due to Lifetime status, you have access to all the recipes and recipe builder too which I love.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
There are new ones. The old ones still work to calculate points but you can't use it to calculate how many points you get to eat. The new ones seem to have buttons that press down easier as well.

Do you mean they've changed the way they calculate how many points you get with the PP 2012? Because my old calculator from PP lets me calculate how many points I get to eat...
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRat View Post
Do you mean they've changed the way they calculate how many points you get with the PP 2012? Because my old calculator from PP lets me calculate how many points I get to eat...
Yeah since now the plan allows for as low as 26 daily points, the new calculators figure that out but the old ones can't. You may still be at a point where you aren't below 29 anyway, though as you lose more you would get there.

Worst case you can always taper down from 29 as you feel you need it. There are some people in my meeting that are staying at 29 anyway because they don't want to take any points away.

Last edited by Somni; 01-03-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/136/healthy&happy

Height: 5'8"

I'm a member of WW through my employer and get the on-site meetings as well as access to e-Tools for free (paid by my insurance plan - not sure if this is how yours works). I know one of our requirements for continuing to get it for free was to attend a certain number of meetings, so you may want to have your SO check with HR to see what their actual requirements are.

In any case, congratulations on making it so far in your weight loss journey!
Hikermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjng View Post
Congrats on coming so far with just some basics of WW principles! You seem like you are doing a great job. I think occasional plateaus are part of the process.

Will you be paying for WW? I'm not sure if employer-sponsored WW meetings allow participants to use/access the etools unless you are paying. Once you pay for etools, or earn access due to Lifetime status, you have access to all the recipes and recipe builder too which I love.
Thank you! It's kinda been a rough journey, but it's nearly half over!

Nope, my SO's insurance will be paying for it (they finally opened their eyes that it would be cheaper to do that, than pay for obesity-related doctor bills!), I just signed up today, and have to wait 3 weeks for it to go through, I'm hoping for etools, so if I can't get it through meetings, I'll just choose the online-only option.

Question- how do weigh-ins work if you do online only?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Do they cost much? Thank goodness they press down easier, the buttons have a hard time responding on my current one.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikermc View Post
I'm a member of WW through my employer and get the on-site meetings as well as access to e-Tools for free (paid by my insurance plan - not sure if this is how yours works). I know one of our requirements for continuing to get it for free was to attend a certain number of meetings, so you may want to have your SO check with HR to see what their actual requirements are.

In any case, congratulations on making it so far in your weight loss journey!
I hope mine turns out the same way.. they pay for membership-related fees, but not equipment or miscellaneous stuff. We also have to attend 10 of 13 meetings. Thank you!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I think when you are online only, you weigh in at your home and just note it in etools. But if you go to meetings, you'll weigh in there. Depending on your location, it might update your weight tracker online as well. My location does, because it's an actual WW store.
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsenberry View Post
Question- how do weigh-ins work if you do online only?
I do WW online and you pick a WI day and weigh yourself that day. Then you enter it into etools. Etools will remind you its your WI day so there is a little poking from WW but it is mostly driven by you. The nice part is, you can pick your day based on what is going to work best for you--like Monday to keep you accountable over the weekend etc.
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote