Old 12-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #1  
Relying on His strength

S/C/G: 252/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Default How do I get my WW Podometer to....

track both all day points and a specific "activty" for points? Do I just have to take my podometer off when I do my 1 - 1 1/2 hour of walking and track that in and of itself, then add them together?

For today, it's showing I've walked 9,144 steps, and only giving me 3 points for "all day" activity. I know I walked an hour and a half today and if I figure that out at light, it comes to 4 points and that doesn't include all the other walking I did today.

I'd like to get credit for all of it. I did wear my podometer while I did my hour and a half of walking today - just wondering if I should have taken it off and counted it seperately.

What do you all do?
Thanks!
Mytwosweetkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #2  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

As far as I know....you can't do what you're asking. If you have your pedometer on "all day" mode, then it's going to track all of your steps, and won't make any differentiation between your regular, everyday steps and the activity you do specifically for a workout.

Personally, I don't even bother to wear my pedometer unless I am specifically going out for my walk, the one I count for my workout. I have my pedometer set to "active" mode so that when I put it on before I go out, the number of steps I have to take before I earn a point is lower.

So yeah..I don't think you can "have it both ways" with the pedometer. Of course, I could be wrong, but...I'm pretty sure I've asked a question similar to this before and gotten the answer that "no, you can't do that".
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #3  

Sorry - walking doesn't burn many calories. A step is a step unless you power walk.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #4  
Relying on His strength

S/C/G: 252/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Quilter, it must be somewhat different, because if it was set to All Day, it was 3 points and if I switched it to Active (or whatever it's called), it was 5.

Snoofie - Thanks! I just wore my podometer today in All Day mode and took it off for my 2 hours of walking today and figured that seperately. I'll just have to remember to do that from now on. Thanks for the response!
Mytwosweetkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #5  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Sorry - walking doesn't burn many calories. A step is a step unless you power walk.
Walking may not burn *many* calories, but any movement is better than none at all. And I don't know about the OP, but I can tell you that I've lost 53 pounds with no exercise *other* than walking...yes, I walk briskly, but by no means do I "power walk."

Everyone is different. Some people may find walking VERY beneficial (I know I certainly have.)

Last edited by Snoofie; 12-20-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #6  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytwosweetkids View Post
Quilter, it must be somewhat different, because if it was set to All Day, it was 3 points and if I switched it to Active (or whatever it's called), it was 5.

Snoofie - Thanks! I just wore my podometer today in All Day mode and took it off for my 2 hours of walking today and figured that seperately. I'll just have to remember to do that from now on. Thanks for the response!
You're welcome!

As for the difference you're seeing in the number of points you get when you are in All Day mode versus Active -- the reason for that difference is because when you are in All Day mode, you have to take a certain number of steps before you're "rewarded" with a point. When you're in Active mode, though, the pedometer "assumes" that you've already walked that number of steps, so you earn points a bit faster. That's why you're seeing a higher number of points when you're in Active mode.

Hope that helps!