3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   OK, So what is it really? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/245600-ok-so-what-really.html)

Dee74 10-21-2011 09:28 AM

OK, So what is it really?

The points for a whole leg of chicken, grilled and eaten with skin about 4.5 ounces of meat? I see from 6 to 9 between book, calcs and lists,grrrrr. What points do you use for this?

And the other long running one, large bag of 94 % FF popcorn and small bag points. Thanks guys.

stellarosa27 10-21-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4079704)
And the other long running one, large bag of 94 % FF popcorn and small bag points. Thanks guys.

For this, I use the ounces on the bag. I usually get the single serve bags, and it works out to about 3 points per bag. It's not EXACT since not all of the kernels pop, but it's a start...

nancylmrn 10-21-2011 12:05 PM

I don't know about the chicken legs but here is what I do know about 94% ff bag of popcorn

For a regular bag 7.5 cups popped corn

Cal 120, carb 52, fat 3, protien 4, fiber 5

These are the caluations from my fitness pal website

Munchy 10-21-2011 12:20 PM

When in doubt, go with the higher number. I'm looking all over for the info and it's a range!

The popcorn, though, I'd just follow nutritional info and calculate. I buy the TJ small bags for 2 (flex) points each.

Dee74 10-21-2011 09:12 PM

Thank you for the replies. That was the range I was finding. I was hoping to get a tighter range on the chicken leg though. Have looked on many sites and 9 seems high, but that is ok rather count high and lose!

QuilterInVA 10-22-2011 10:08 AM

The higher points are for eating the skin which is fatty and has a layer of fat beneath it. 4 would be for no skin. Skin is very unhealthy.

Dee74 10-22-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA (Post 4080820)
The higher points are for eating the skin which is fatty and has a layer of fat beneath it. 4 would be for no skin. Skin is very unhealthy.

Makes sense on the points,thank you. However not so sure about the skin being "unhealthy" I have followed a low carb high fat plan for several months now and just had the best cholesterol readings ever and down 15 lbs. Fat is not your enemy, sugar/carbs just may be. When following a low fat high carb diet I gained 5 lbs and my cholesterol/triglycerides sky rocketed. Doc told me to cut carbs.

This is my first time on WW and I do plan to stay moderate carb 80-100 grams or less a day, full fat and 29 points and weekly when I need them. Will keep you all posted on how it going. Starting 11-1-11 cleaning up fridge and cupboards and reading about the plan. I am still waiting for several materials to arrive to.
So far I think it is great there are so many ways to make this plan work for "you". Thanks for all the info