Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 02:49 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi - I will keep with this challenge until Valentine's as well. My target will be another 3# until then.

Saskiemom: Good luck with WI tonight!
Keep us posted.

Melanie - how can baked fish be 15 Pts???

Good luck everyone, bye for now

Keep focussed :-)
Old 01-28-2003, 04:19 PM   #47  

Thumbs up Beware LJS Baked Fish

The Baked Fish at Long John Silvers is not as healthy as you would think! I guess it is a fattier fish and must be cooked in 12 pounds of butter because my Dining Out book said it is 15 points. I am definately going to try checking the book BEFORE eating out next time!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:23 PM   #48  

Had WI tonight- lost 2lbs. I think this means that I need to stay at the high end of my pts, at least while my dd is growing and needing so many nutrients from me! So, I will stay at that end of my range for now.
I need to lose 5.2 lbs in the next 2.5 wks to make my goal for this challenge- in order to do that I plan to:
**stay near the high end of my pts range, but do so using healthy choices not empty calories and high fat foods
**exercise at least 5 out of 7 days

How does everyone else plan to reach their goals? I know Bandit2 is doing really well, and Mel had a great 1st WI. How are the rest of you progressing towards your Valentine's Day goals?
Old 01-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #49  

Saskiemom: Great WI - Congrats! :-)

I am going to keep within my range, drink my water & get at least 3 - 30 mins of exercise. Also, keep fast food with bf under better control.

Bye for now
Old 01-29-2003, 09:54 AM   #50  

I love fast food. And I have the pts for my fav things memorized...what kind of things do you order when you go to ff restaurants?
I am going to Mom & Tot swim this morning. It will get us out of the house, and let us try out something new! I am just scared dd will be extra slippery!
Old 01-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #51  

Hi Saskiemom:

What a coincidence! At lunch today I went swimming with a lady from work - she just started & is trying to go 3 times a week. I didn't think we would have time - but I swam for 20 min, then a quick hot-tub & shower. When we got back I nuked my lunch & just ate in my office. What a nice break in the middle of the day. I might try & go 2 times during the week with her.

When we go out for fast food, I usually get some kind of salad & meat thing. Sometimes we get chicken wings & nachos to share, the I get a side salad for myself & easy on the nachos.

My daughter loves Swiss Chalet so I get the white 1/4 dinner with baked or rice (but sometimes french fries - when you just have to have them)

My bf loves Chinese & for that I just go ahead & indulge.

Last weekend I tried the McVeggie burger & have also had a 6" Subway sub & thought that was good.

Also at our last meeting, the leader told us about a grilled veggie pizza & it is 12 points for the whole pizza. Am trying one of those this weekend. It is President's Choice. It apparently is pretty good.

Hope you have fun with your little one swimming & have a great OP evening.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:45 PM   #52  

Bandit2-
I love Subway and the McVeggie Burgers. I will have to look for that veggy pizza next time I am somewhere that sells PC brand. How big is it?
Swimming was great! We had the pool to ourselves part of the time. DD was completely relaxed and happy, even though I had to wake her up and cause her to miss her morning nap! It was sure a workout, partly just getting to and from the pool!
It was nice to do something different for a change!
Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 01-30-2003, 05:59 PM   #53  

Lightbulb 15 Days left...

Well, Challenge Team, it looks as if our time is starting to run out! I am going to have to stay on track 100% of the time if I want to meet MY goal for Valentines Day! How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #54  

Talking

Well, I switched to the Thurs. meetings and I'm still smiling! Since Saturday, I have lost another 1.8!

Great Job, Tara! Congrats on your 2# gone!

Melanie
222/217/140
Old 01-31-2003, 12:53 AM   #55  

Melanie,
Great work! I can't believe you lost 1.8 in 5 days! The weight is just peeling off of you! That is SO amazing, I am glad the program is working so well for you! Doesn't it make you feel like working even harder?!?!? You should be very proud!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:23 AM   #56  

Way to go, Melanie! Keep up the good work.

I am pretty much staying OP although last night my bf made ribs in crockpot & brought them over. So, we only had salad & roll with those, but I think I ate toooooo many.

Today at lunch I am swimming again & I brought a Lean Cuisine & Melba Toast. Hopefully those ribs didn't too much damage.

Good luck everyone & remember to get in that water & count ALL those points :-)
Old 02-03-2003, 07:46 AM   #57  

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and wanted to say hi. I am trying WW for the second time, this time on my own, no meetings, which might prove to be harder. Found I couldnt keep affording to go to meetings, have a wedding coming up and we are saving up for that. Just bought the Walk Away the Pounds, and I tried it last night, and it was hard! But I felt SOOOOO good after I did it, cant wait to do it again.

My goal is to try to do it every day this week!

I want to lose about 45 lbs by my wedding in July, maybe a lofty goal, but I'm gonna try!

Starting WW faithfully today, so weighing in today to see where exactly my starting point is.

Have a great day everyone!

Anne
Old 02-03-2003, 12:06 PM   #58  

Welcome, Anne! I hope we can help you to reach your goal!

Tomorrow is WI for me,and I am not very excited. I had a good start to the week, then Fri DD and I both got horrible colds. There has been no exercise since, and I went OP yesterday, in a bad way! I don't do that often, so I feel prett bad about it. To make things worse, we are both still sick, so I don't see any exercise for a few more days.
Hope everyone else is doing good- someone must have a WI to post? There isn't much time left in this challenge!
Old 02-04-2003, 01:33 AM   #59  

Red face my valentine goals

Hi, i am going to join this challenge also. sounds neat. My valentine goals are:::::::
Just started ww on my own so
STICK TO MY POINTS
LOSE 2 LBS.
DRINK WATER
I love exercise so got it down pat. so good luck all. LaDean
Old 02-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #60  

Hi everyone:

Was down 1# last night at my WI. Total for challenge = 6.2#

That makes 4 weeks in a row with some kind of loss, so I am happy.

This week have to get in some exercise - keep looking at that exercise bike bf gave me - but have to get my butt on it for it to do any good. So, this week I am going to get on there 3 times, drink my water & count all my points.

Good luck, everyone & keep focussed.
Closed Thread