Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 12:01 AM   #31  

Unhappy

Not doing to well with My challange but I am back now that the Hubby is home from Hospital. Now I can concentrate on me and get things done that I want to get done while he takes care of the kids. Another plus is I am getting a different job. So now I will not be eatinng Mcdonalds every night. That is were I work now. I want to be 175 by the end of Feb. I am having Difficulty drink all of the water I need. Any ideas on how to get this done.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #32  

Great news, Judmom! I'm glad things are looking up for you! I have not had a problem with drinking the water. I have been guzzling the stuff since I had to be hospitalized last year with a kidney stone. Never again!!

I have a desk job and a water cooler, so I keep a big cup of water at my desk all the time. And at home, I buy spring water by the gallon jug b/c I got tired of filling up a water picher everyday. This eliminates one of my excuses for not drinking it.

Also, I remember reading in the Getting Started booklet that other things can count as water. (Juice is one of them I think) You might want to look that up.

Well, ladies. Wish me luck. Me and some gals from work are going to have Mexican for lunch. I have several banked points and have the WW suggestions with me. I think I can... I think I can...

ta-ta
Melanie
222/---
Old 01-23-2003, 11:44 AM   #33  

Melanie,
You are totally right about the support at WW being wonderful. I even look forward to those little stars and the magnets and all! I got all the gear once already, but still anticipate getting it again! I hope your lunch goes well. I love Mexican food...and there are a lot of reasonable choices to go for! Let me know how it goes!
Judmom- Someone at my meeting this week suggested putting 1/2 oz of cranberry juice or some lemon slices in your water for flavor. Or, there is stuff like Crystal Light that is also no pts.
Are you excited about your new job? I worked in fast food for about 5 yrs, and I am pretty sure that is where at least 20lbs of the weight I lost last time came from! Does your McDonalds have the healthy choices menu now?
Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2003, 11:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Hope you are all having a great OP day.

Melanie - sometimes I have a can of club soda with some lemon juice & ice cubes (nice change from plain water). Also I have heard drinking your water with a large straw helps.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:28 PM   #35  

Angry

Yes we have a healthy menu but it is hard to stick to salads when those fries smell and taste so good. Yes I am excited about starting a new job because it is totally different from what I was doing. I think I am also going to stay at Mcdonalads for awhile just to get some bills caught up. any way I am staying op for now but it will bve hard to pass up those fries.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:40 PM   #36  

good luck passing up the fries! i think i will go to mcdonalds tonight...i love their veggy burgers, cesar salads, and want to try the flatbreads!
that will be hard for you to work 2 jobs. what kind of position is your new one?
sorry for the bad typing, trying to feed baby while typing!
Old 01-24-2003, 12:00 AM   #37  

Talking

I will be working at a hotel checking rooms after the housekeepers clean them. To make sure they are clean properly.
I had those fries tonight so I am over again today but not thayt bad only 10 today compared to about 50 yesterday. I had 2 bottels of water today that is very good for me.

By the way the chicken flatbreads are good but I don't like the cheese.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:10 AM   #38  

Judmom,
Isn't it crazy how easy it is to get 50, even 100 pts over your range? When do you start the new job?
I decided not to go for the flatbread tonight, stuck with the chicken ceasar salad then added my own baked potato at home.
I am trying a new method for figuring my pts range, based on how many times my dd feeds in a day. Will see how this works out!
I have been checking around other threads, talking to other women who have done WW while nursing, and have decided to relax a little about the whole weight loss thing. I will still follow the program carefully, but I am going to try not to expect a loss every week. Hopefully this will help me to avoid a huge disappointment like last WI!
I can't wait to try the Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe, my dh loves Stovetop, so it should be a hit!
Have a good night, all!
Has anyone else weighed in lately???
Have a good night!
Old 01-25-2003, 02:49 AM   #39  

Thumbs up

Actually I don't know when I start because the motehas been trying to talk to some at my place of employment that I work at now and they are having difficulty doing so every time they call either they are to busy to talk or they have another excuse so they sent me a form and had one of the managers fill it out And now I have to go return it. The McDonalds I work at does not want me to leave so they think if they don't talk to the motel and give them a referace That the whole thing will go away. List to me babbling on.

Now with this whole diet thing My daughter went out and brought three boxes of hostess cakes and already I have eaten to many. Well I am for sure staying op next week and doing my excercise.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:52 AM   #40  

Judmom,
Does your family know that you are trying to eat healthier? That is too bad that the cakes were there...it makes it so much harder! I would be mad at my employer if they were doing that to me! They can't expect you to work there forever! (Unless they want to pay you really well.)
I got through last night's outing and remained OP. I baked an angelfood cake to take along, and served it with ultra low fat cool whip and strawberries. I even had enough pts left to have a second piece when I got home!
I think I am going to try some new recipes this weekend...see if I can get DH eating healthier too! I feel bad, Iknow he won't eat most of the healthy stuff I do, so he ends up eating super extra unhealthy. (Thats what he likes, though!)
Have a great weekend!
Old 01-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #41  

Default I'M A LOSER!

I just had my first WI. Boy, do I feel like loser! Yep! Loser, Loser, Loser... I lost 3.4#!!!! Whooppee!

SaskiMom - Way to go on the cake! I tried to bake one last week and had to declare my oven a disaster area. I don't know what went wrong, but I bought the Little Debbie Angel Food cakes instead.

JudMom - Thanks for reminding me I'm lucky to live alone I would be magnetically pulled to the snacks too. Maybe you could get her to keep them in her room or something? I hope your job works out soon.

Well, gonna go read my new WW pamphlet.

Melanie
222.2/218.8/130
Old 01-25-2003, 05:23 PM   #42  

Melanie- Way to go! You must feel so great about yourself!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:39 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

My challenge this month was to lose 5# & in the last 3 weeks I have lost 5.2#. Get rid of Xmas treats - all gone now, brought leftover candy & chocolates to work.

So, is there a Feb challenge?
Old 01-28-2003, 11:14 AM   #44  

Smile Way to go Bandit2!!!

bandit2- This one is supposed to go until Valentines Day, but defiinitely go ahead and set a new goal for Feb or even start a new challenge if you like!
I WI tonight, am hoping for better news than last week! This week I went out on a limb and tried staying at the high end of my pts all week. I will see what happens!
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Old 01-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #45  

Thumbs down Hanging in there...

Way to go Judmom!

I'm doing okay with my challenge to stay within the points, except I had a mishap Saturday with LJS baked fish (15pts! who woulda thunk it!) and a Pampered Chef party. But, I am not gonna dwell on it. I'm back on track and determined.

As for my exercise intention, well... it has been sporatic, but at least it is there. Saturday night I went dancing and feel like I got in a week's worth of exercise, but I think I will try to go walking this afternoon anyway.

I have finally gotten a break from the snow, so I am going to switch to Thursday meetings this week. I'll post my WI then.

Think light when you step on that scale, Tara! I'm cheering for you!

Melanie
222/218/140
Closed Thread