Old 04-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #16  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncontentgirl View Post
down 2.8 this week which i am sooo excited about.... finally broke my 4-wk plateau
Yay! I know from other posts that was really frustrating for you!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #17  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

I am actually trying to eat less fruit and more protein. I know it's adding more points to my day, but I think I was eating too much fruit... We'll see how that works out for me on Saturday!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

im going into tomorrow, to (i dont want to say) quit WW.
my in-laws are going to pay the initial repair on my car, and we pay them back. And the $40 a month will help towards that...

i hope no one minds if i just hang around anyway?

to add... its hubby and my 3rd anniversary today, so someone paid for us to go to golden corral
so i loaded up on as much 0 points i could, then went for some meat, then dessert

Last edited by Jinksie; 04-12-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #19  

i gained 3lbs
Old 04-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #20  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Jinksie, I would be willing to bet that's all water weight and will come off in a couple of days. GC would be really bad for sodium, I think - although your strategy was a good one and one I have used myself there when circumstances have me eating there. (I would not choose a buffet of my own free will. ) Oh, and you are totally welcome here! You can follow the WW plan at home and have a support and accountability system here.

Congrats to spooky and uucontentgirl on your great losses this week! Glad to hear that the increased calories and tweaking the plan have worked for you.

Myself, I am not having such a good week food-wise. Our camping trip was fun and I stuck to my plan for the most part, but the little indulgences there (smores, pancakes) seem to have led to a full-on derailment this week. I just seem to be hungry and eating more, especially at night, then continuing to eat even when I know I'm not hungry. I hate that I am sabotaging myself this way and don't like that out-of-control feeling. Thankfully my workouts have been good so I've offset the calorie intake with output, but still, I really need to nip this in the bud before I do any more damage than I've already done.

Last edited by LitChick; 04-13-2011 at 12:56 PM.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I had a great week. My weigh in was today and I was down 2lbs. That means I hit my first 25 lbs lost and my 10%.
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #22  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keli10801 View Post
I had a great week. My weigh in was today and I was down 2lbs. That means I hit my first 25 lbs lost and my 10%.
Congrats!!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 236/223/155

Height: 5'5

ok do u have to eat all your point u r alowed in a day and if u work out u earn more points do u have to eat them also?
lostcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
Hey Jinksie, I would be willing to bet that's all water weight and will come off in a couple of days. GC would be really bad for sodium, I think - although your strategy was a good one and one I have used myself there when circumstances have me eating there. (I would not choose a buffet of my own free will. ) Oh, and you are totally welcome here! You can follow the WW plan at home and have a support and accountability system here.
yeah, the vegetables, are in theory, 0 points, but you can taste butter/margarine. I dont feel bad about the gain, it fixed my "average" to 1.5lb a week - so back in the "healthy" range. ALSO, i didnt track 2 days, and i just wasnt trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcause View Post
ok do u have to eat all your point u r alowed in a day and if u work out u earn more points do u have to eat them also?
They want you to eat all your daily allowance. so if you have 34... try to eat at least 32 as a minimum. You dont have to touch your activity points OR weekly. Some people do better when they dont. Some do better when they do eat them - you need to play with it and see what works for you
Old 04-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #25  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keli10801 View Post
That's Fantastic!!
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 236/223/155

Height: 5'5

Thank u so much will have to try to eat more. At the end of the day I have about 14 point left over. Most of what I have been trying to eat is 0 points like apples, salads with very little dressing.

Last edited by lostcause; 04-14-2011 at 04:17 PM.
lostcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcause View Post
Thank u so much will have to try to eat more. At the end of the day I have about 14 point left over. Most of what I have been trying to eat is 0 points like apples, salads with very little dressing.
dont always have to eat more. Just higher point foods. instead of fat free milk, try full fat, or 2%. INstead of 0 point dressing, go for point dressing. OR load up your salad, boiled eggs, bacon... little things can make a big difference, without feeling like you're stuffing your face
Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #28  

i keep having a reoccurring thought, so i thought i'd ask...

anyone think they'll look weird when they're at their goal weight?
I've always been chubby/fat. My lowest weight i remember was 189 lbs/85kgs, so i wonder if i'll look weird "thin"... i also have wide hips.
Anyone think they'll look weird thin?

& litchick, it was water weight!, i got on the scale this morning, and it was all gone and some =p
Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Jinksie.....I worry too about what I'm going to look like once I get down to what I consider to be "small" weights. I have been over 200 pounds probably since middle school, so I really don't ever remember being thin. I'm right now at the lowest weight I can ever remember being (188.6) and I don't feel like I look much different from when I was heavier.

Obviously, I'm smaller, but I guess I've always carried my weight well if that makes sense? I can definitely see that my hips and stomach and waist are all smaller, but my body's pretty proportional, which is good I guess. LOL

I had weigh in yesterday afternoon and was down 2 pounds!!! I knew that I had eaten very good all week long, but didn't get to the gym at all. I did some long walks because it was beautiful out weather wise finally, but I thought without the gym that things might be sketchy. This was one of the bigger losses at weigh in since the beginning! haha But I am now only .6 away from losing 20 pounds and 1.8 away from my 10%....all in the past 3 months! So exciting
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Jinks, I'm sorry to hear you have to quit ww, but glad you're not actually quitting the program and are staying here with us!
I'm excited to see what I will look like at my goal weight but I'm a bit worried about my skin. My lowest weight in recent memory was 170-something about 10 years ago. I haven't been below 200 lbs since then. I have no idea what I look like at a normal weight.
Have been within my points but not eating very well this week. Need to step it up with the fruit/veg/water. Went to zumba last night and am going again tonight.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote