Old 04-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

i put on a shirt today, it feels loose, hanging slightly off my shirt. It looked good while i was pregnant ( i was a small bump pregnancy) and terrible after. Now only just 8lbs down, it looks and feels better.

Im confident for WI tomorrow. I got on the scale this morning (after i worked out mind you) and it was 201.8 (probably all the sweating lol)
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #17  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your 10%!! My goal is to hit my 10% the 16th, really hope I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
It's because the love of my life retired Mike Lowell
Sad, isn't it . I loved Lowell!

Last edited by BlueEyes83; 04-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I am really frustrated this week. Gained 1.2 yesterday. Since the beginning of January I have only lost 11 lbs. I actually cried on the way home from WW yesterday because I am working so hard and I feel like I am getting nowhere.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #19  

you need to play with it spooky?
what are you doing consistently? maybe some of us can help you, or give you ideas? do you eat over your daily allowance? do you consistently keep under it? getting HGH? enough water? too much water? too much salt? And the 36lbs in your ticker is amazing. What happened in or after janurary that may have contribuited to your "slow loss"
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #20  

I always eat my daily points. I usually eat about half of my weekly points; I don't eat the APs. I drink at least a gallon of water a day. I have plenty of fruits/veg/whole grains. I don't think my sodium level is too high (it is definitely under 2 grams a day). I exercise vigorously at least 4 days a week, usually 5-6. I don't know what I could tweak, really. Maybe I'm eating too many carbs? I usually have cereal/banana/skim milk for breakfast with coffee. Either a soup/sandwich, salad, or lean cuisine for lunch. Dinner is usually a lean protein/complex carb/vegetables. I do have a dessert each day -- generally 1/2 cup of light ice cream or a vitatop for 3 points. Sometimes I'll have a clif bar before workouts and/or a greek yogurt and fruit afterwards. This morning I had eggs and turkey sausage instead of cereal, maybe I'll make an effort to get more lean protein and less processed carbs.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #21  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
I always eat my daily points. I usually eat about half of my weekly points; I don't eat the APs. I drink at least a gallon of water a day. I have plenty of fruits/veg/whole grains. I don't think my sodium level is too high (it is definitely under 2 grams a day). I exercise vigorously at least 4 days a week, usually 5-6. I don't know what I could tweak, really. Maybe I'm eating too many carbs? I usually have cereal/banana/skim milk for breakfast with coffee. Either a soup/sandwich, salad, or lean cuisine for lunch. Dinner is usually a lean protein/complex carb/vegetables. I do have a dessert each day -- generally 1/2 cup of light ice cream or a vitatop for 3 points. Sometimes I'll have a clif bar before workouts and/or a greek yogurt and fruit afterwards. This morning I had eggs and turkey sausage instead of cereal, maybe I'll make an effort to get more lean protein and less processed carbs.
Why dont you try calorie counting for a week or so? Figure out your BMR & your daily caloric needs and reduce by like 500 to lose 1lb a week. You might be eating too many or too little calories without even knowing it. I also calorie count and it helps me figure out what I'm doing wrong (for me, it was eating way less calories than I should be)

I use this: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncontentgirl View Post
Why dont you try calorie counting for a week or so? Figure out your BMR & your daily caloric needs and reduce by like 500 to lose 1lb a week. You might be eating too many or too little calories without even knowing it. I also calorie count and it helps me figure out what I'm doing wrong (for me, it was eating way less calories than I should be)

I use this: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
This is a good idea. I actually have an old account at sparkpeople so I can use that. I've been thinking that maybe I'm consuming more calories than necessary but I guess the reverse could also be true. I will start today and maybe I will mix up the food a little (I tend to eat the same things, over and over).
Old 04-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #23  

Quote:
I am really frustrated this week. Gained 1.2 yesterday. Since the beginning of January I have only lost 11 lbs. I actually cried on the way home from WW yesterday because I am working so hard and I feel like I am getting nowhere.
Don't be discouraged i've only lost 12.2 since December 1st
but i try to look at it what if i gained 12.2 lbs? It would be very
easy as i live with a sabitore (he's just not on a diet) lol. Is TOM
around the corning? Salt last night or yesterdays? I'm so paranoid
that i start on Thursdays my low sodium intake for Sat morning weigh
in lol!! Don't cry, i know how you feel i've been there
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #24  

What about loss of inches, since you are working out so much, have you measured yourself? How are your clothes fitting? Even though i'm only down 12.2, my pants are looser Sounds like you are doing everything right, some of us turtles just go slower than the rest
Old 04-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #25  

my only suggestion, is perhaps not eating so many weekly points?
me, personally, i eat only about 5.. and i never eat my AP - and i earn about 50 or so a week.
have you spoken to anyone at the meetings?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #26  

I did speak with people at the meetings and their idea was to weigh and measure my food. I've been doing that since the beginning. My leader also suggested maybe I wasn't eating enough and that I should eat more of my weeklies and maybe my activity points.
TOM is a good 2 weeks away so it isn't related to that.
How many calories are in a point, roughly? Does anyone know?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #27  

Quote:
How many calories are in a point, roughly? Does anyone know?
i dont sorry

but i think you might be someone who cant cut into their weeklies too much - im one of them. When i only lost .4 my second week, i'd cut into my weekly by about 10.. probbaly more. I'll find out tomorrow, but i i lose when i dont cut into anything too much
Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Yeah i am pretty frustrated myself this week... and hoping for some good news on friday with WI. You feel like you try so hard, and for what? Sorta makes me think twice before i put anything in my mouth. Cause i know how hard i have to work to just remove an ounce.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #29  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Spooky - I do not use all my weekly's either because if I do, I don't loose or I loose very little. I allow myself to use 20 weekly's and now I have been loosing. I know it's hard but you can do it, you just need to figure out what works for you. The support here is unbelievable, I could not have gotten this far without the support of this forum and my WW meetings.

mercuryblue - You have lost 14lbs so far, don't get frustrated! I was told you will have off weeks just because your body is adjusting.

I am feeling really good today. I walked at work and I also walked on the treadmill last night, worked up a huge sweat. I even had 5lb weights in my hands 1/2 the time on the treadmill. I love it that everyone is noticing my weight loss, it feels so good . My face is much slimmer and I have gone down 1-2 pants sizes! Going out tonight to return pants I bought a couple weeks ago because they are too big .

Last edited by BlueEyes83; 04-06-2011 at 10:37 AM.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #30  

Spooky someone told me it's roughly 35 calories to a point, used to be roughly 50 but don't go by me for sure, i'm not positive. It is frustrating because i weigh and measure and i'm struggling just like you. Weighed myself this morning and STILL 195! need out of this plateau!

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 04-06-2011 at 11:04 AM.