3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   oil (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/228910-oil.html)

Jinksie 03-25-2011 04:14 PM

oil

This could have gone under the GHG thread, but i thought i'd just do a new one.
So today at the store, i bought some olive oil. Says its a good source of omega 3 etc etc... when i got it home, i calculated the point value... 4 for a tablespoon >_<;
that's 2 cups of milk!!... or just over a cup of cheerios... 3 cups of popcorn....

what to do. What to do....:?:

josey 03-25-2011 04:19 PM

I use 1 teaspoon twice a day. That is the recommended quantity as far as I know.

Jinksie 03-25-2011 04:33 PM

the points though!! lol so much. I cant help but think of what i could "spend" them on instead.
I keep looking at it, thinking, i need to eat that, but i cant bring myself to do it =p

Spooky 03-25-2011 04:41 PM

2 tsp of healthy oil is only 2 points from your daily allowance. It's important for your body and your health. Use your extra points for the popcorn.

josey 03-25-2011 04:42 PM

2 teaspoons are 2 points on my (old, old) plan. Some stuff is just necessary I guess. As far as I know the body actually needs oil to break down veggies. And it is good for your skin, hair etc.
You can do it!

josey 03-25-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooky (Post 3775189)
2 tsp of healthy oil is only 2 points from your daily allowance. It's important for your body and your health. Use your extra points for the popcorn.

Ah, we posted at the same time :-) Glad to hear it is still only 2 points!

mercuryblue 03-25-2011 05:37 PM

4pp for a tablespoon? that sounds really high! is there not a different kind of oil tht counts that you could add in?? i though you could take a pill supplement... like fish oil or something. i never worry about the added oil, i get it in salad dressing easily.

Jinksie 03-25-2011 05:42 PM

i didnt have my calculator at the store with me (just another thing to lug with the baby, and a diaper bag, -.-; - i need to start bringing it though, that's why i bought it).. so i just got the most reasonably priced one, says pure olive oil. Maybe i should have bought a lite version? O_O
But when i got home, i worked it out, serving size is 1 tablespoon and it was 4 points on my calculator.

I ate it anyway. I had the points available, and i still have plenty for dinner. I added a lavash bread (1 point) and just dipped it in it.

Keli10801 03-25-2011 05:43 PM

I get mine from salad dressing every day also, which I use as a marinade for chicken or fish if I don't have a salad at lunch or dinner. That way I still get my oil, but I don't feel like I am spending my points on it specificaly.

Jinksie 03-25-2011 05:46 PM

just looked i up. Technically i ate 3teaspoons worth though.. So maybe that can be readjusted.

to add, i looked it up again on etools. 1 tsp is 1 point, but 1tblespoon is 4 points.
So my bad ^_^ i learnt something. Hope you all did too !

QuilterInVA 03-25-2011 06:36 PM

First of all, you only need 2 teaspoons and that is 2 points. You can't compare oil to anything else you listed. If you want to keep your hair and have nice skin while losing weight, use the oil.

Jinksie 03-25-2011 08:28 PM

WAS... some items do that... there was a post about the 5 hour rule..

some foods will increase or decrease... So like the oil.. 2 teaspoons = 2, but 3 = 4... but cheerios (regular), 1 cup = 3 points 2 cups = 5 (even though, in your head, it should be 6).. thats just how the etool calculators count it out.. itouch tools and the calculator they sell too.
i cant think of any other foods that increase PV when you double the serving, right now.. there are plenty more though.

josey 03-26-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WASaBubbleButt (Post 3775347)
One tablespoon is 3 teaspoons, I wonder why it isn't three points.

Well because of the rounding. Say one tsp is 1.25 it would round down to 1 pt. If you take 3 tsp (= tbsp) 3x1.25=3.75 so it turns out to be 4pts rounded. Thats just the way of life :-)