3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Flatout bread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/228822-flatout-bread.html)

barbaramatafeo 03-24-2011 05:21 PM

Flatout bread

Hi all,
Just bought some flat out bread for the first time and now realize that I bought the original higher points plus package. Do the light ones taste as good? Did I end up buying the best ones anyway? They are 4 points plus for each bread. Also, what do you guys do with them other than sandwiches and pizza? Looking for some good ideas as well.

fatburner77 03-24-2011 05:33 PM

I am not a Weight Watcher but as I am in love with Flatout bread, I am compelled to respond! I only buy the Light version so I can't compare it to the full-cal version, but I think the Light version tastes fantastic. (They make a Light Italian version that I love.) I always use the Flatouts as wraps but you could also slice one up, set it under the broiler for a couple of minutes, and use the "pita chips" to dip into hummus or peanut butter. Or, use it to contain your scrambled eggs, for a breakfast burrito.

barbaramatafeo 03-24-2011 05:37 PM

Oh! Breakfast burrito, what a fabulous idea! I am going to purchase the lighter version next time, now that I know there is one. I am excited to try!

KimberlyP 03-24-2011 05:45 PM

I slice up 2 light Flatouts into squares and bake them for 12/13 minutes at 350. They turn out like crackers and are perfect paired with hummus!

barbaramatafeo 03-24-2011 06:19 PM

I love hummus so that sounds like a great idea Kim. Still trying to find that fat free hummus you got at Krogers.

Ten Years 03-24-2011 07:17 PM

Check the points on both the light and regular version. I've noticed several items where the reduced-fat or light version is the same in points or even higher than the regular version (cheez-it crackers, for example) because although the fat is lower, the carbohydrate count is WAY higher. For the same points, you could eat the regular, often tastier version.

nlm1106 03-24-2011 08:22 PM

Whole Foods has fat free hummus in several flavors. I have Bobbi's spicy fat free hummus from Whole Foods right now and I believe 6 tablespoons is only 1 point plus.

barbaramatafeo 03-25-2011 12:15 PM

@Ten years, you are right about that. In the case of this particular item though, the one I got is higher in points plus.

@Nln1106, thank you! There is a Whole Foods in the same center as my WW meeting!

Spooky 03-25-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlm1106 (Post 3773743)
Whole Foods has fat free hummus in several flavors. I have Bobbi's spicy fat free hummus from Whole Foods right now and I believe 6 tablespoons is only 1 point plus.

I have THAT EXACT HUMMUS in my fridge right now and love it! I like it with the magic pop (this giant crunchy disk made from rice/wheat) which is 0 points plus for 1 (don't know how many you can eat before it becomes 1 point because I only eat 1 at a time).

misstraveller 03-25-2011 03:09 PM

FYI...All of the light Flatouts are 2 PP, EXCEPT the tomato, it's 3 PP.

barbaramatafeo 03-26-2011 07:33 PM

@ Spooky, do you get that magic pop at Whole Foods too?

Spooky 03-26-2011 09:38 PM

Yes! They have a machine and they make them right there (near the deli/bakery/prepared foods section).

Scorpio1986 03-28-2011 11:17 AM

I know you said besides pizza, but i have to share my favorite flatout pizza recipe! Hope that's okay!

I use the (i think)multi-grain with flax seed which is three points. Use any pasta sauce of your choice. add a little mozzarella (i prefer a saucy pizza, with a little cheese), and add a little of the following: goat cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatos, and olives. very filling and delish!

Keli10801 03-28-2011 12:29 PM

Finally found Flatout bread today, at Walgreen's of all places!!!
Not sure how I want to use them yet, but I like having them in my pantry for a new option.

barbaramatafeo 03-28-2011 12:41 PM

@Scorpio1986, thanks, that sounds really good and easy!