Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 10:41 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Week of Dec. 9, 2002

Hi everybody. How are you?

We had a great weekend. On Friday nite, we visited a friend who just installed a hot tub in his back yard. We must have spent 2 hours in it - lounging in the cold nite air and generally enjoying life. Then on Saturday, hosted our office dinner party. Points-friendly meal (well, except for dessert) but when you factor in the liquid refreshments -- well, let's just say I didn't weigh myself this morning and won't till the end of the week.

I'm getting close to the end of my shopping list. How's everyone else doing?
Old 12-09-2002, 12:40 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi Seesaw,
No where near even started on some shopping. The house is decorated and we did the cookie thing this weekend.
I'm waiting on cards. Maybe I'll do them on the plane on Wednesday.
I think the few things I'm going to buy for family is going to be on the web, sorry state that I am, this is the option we have.
We are going to Paris and London this week. If anyone wishes to assume my identity and go in my place, please ring the call button. I just get to keep the ff miles, okay?

I am stymied about DP and my dad. I know she wants a new polar fleece vest and we need a new car stereo, but other than that, I can't think of anything fun. THe car stereo has to be a joint present this year.

Any suggestions?

lala
Old 12-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Seasaw, wasn't it cold when you got out of the tub??

Lala, yes, fathers are difficult to buy for. My dad is legally blind, so he's really tough. He does enjoy books on tape, though. For DP, how about a massage? I love to receive shower gels and lotions.

Tonight is baking night. Shopping and cards are done. Decorations are up. The only reason I'm ready this year is that I'm not in a play. Being in a play is a huge commitment of time.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was crazy at work; a Monday in all sense of the word. I was ready to go home and go back to bed by noon and re-start the day. To make a long story short I had left some things to be done by the student workers in my office on Friday only to come in on Monday morning to it not being done so that set me back quite a bit.

We're distributing the gifts from our Christmas Angel Program and my office looks like Santa's workshop. The students who receive the gifts are so appreciative and it is such a good feeling knowing that we're helping out in some small way for them to have a nice Christmas.

Anyway, the trip to Chicago was great--we did a lot of walking. I wore my pedometer on Friday while we were downtown and logged 10.32 miles in! My legs sure felt it in the morning but it was a good feeling. We enjoyed the Christkindlmarket and sampled the gluhwein (hot wine) and bratwurst. I must say that it tastes different eating/drinking in the cold weather! The temps were only in the 20's.

I'm way behind in Christmas preparations--my house is a mess, I have some presents purchased but the majority are not, and I haven't done any baking to date. I'm off on Friday and Monday and the plan is to get shopping done and hopefuly some baking on Monday. I'm cutting back on what I'm doing because in all honesty it's not worth the stress. We'll probably get our tree this weekend and get it up. I do enjoy this time of year though
Old 12-10-2002, 09:23 AM   #5  

Domina: It was a very short distance from the hot tub to the warmth of the house, so there really was no time to get cold. It was actually much more pleasant than I thought it would be.

lala: We went with a joint gift this year - a digital camera. We got it early to be able to take full advantage during family visits over the holidays.

Melissa: You sound a little stressed. Relax..the important stuff will get done and what doesn't, no one will miss. This is such a time of overindulgence isn't it, when all anyone really wants is to kick back and enjoy family, friends and an occasional good meal.

Our cards are out, the tree is up (to be decorated on Thursday nite) and most of my gifts have been purchased. I have only my MIL left - always difficult. I think I'm gonna get her some homemade jams, mustards, etc at the local market on Saturday. I
started wrapping last nite, so all in all, feel like I'm in pretty good shape.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:53 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Did some baking last night. Everything turned out well. I thought I wouldn't be baking much this year, but here I am. I just have to tell myself that I don't need to eat all the cookies.

I received some good news yesterday. I had sent out my Christmas cards and enclosed a note about the year's happenings to folks who live far away (I know some people don't like those letters.) In the letter I mentioned that I had joined Weight Watchers and had lost weight. Anyway, a longtime friend of mine from grade school sent me an email right away. She also joined Weight Watchers this year and lost 51 pounds. I am so happy for her. She has had a weight problem her entire life. She sounded so happy and upbeat.

Regarding mothers-in-law and gifts, I stopped sending anything except food or flowers. The last time I searched and searched for a beautiful top, my mother-in-law sent it back to me saying she didn't want it. That's when I made my decision.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I haven't disappeared, just busy here. For people I have no idea on what to get for them I usually get a gift certificate. This year I drew my brother-in-law and I know he has a Harley so I'm getting him a gift certificate for the Harley store, that way he can get what he wants.

I've made a list of what I need to do and it's really not as a bad as what I thought it was. I'm planning on getting started with my wrapping with the things I've already bought so that'll help. I've been in such a indifferent mood lately. Didn't help that TOM made an appearance 2 days early! Anyway, things will get done and what doesn't know one will know other than myself and those I choose to tell. I'm planning on hitting the stores early on Friday since I'm off and I should be able to get what I need before it starts to get busy. Our mall area is congested and it's called "Peach Jam" because of all the traffic problems.

Hope everyone is doing well with their holiday preparations!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:36 PM   #8  

Was supposed to be on the road today but the threat of 15 cm of snow, freezing rain and ice pellets kept us at home. Kinda strange being in the office with no appointments, no phone ringing, etc. The snow hasn't started here yet but I phoned our intended destination earlier and the freezing rain had started. Think it was a good decision to cancel.

We're gonna decorate the tree tonite. It turned out to be a very nice one, despite my earlier misgivings - not a pine as in past years, but nice nonetheless. We bought it at a tree farm where you tag your choice then cut it down when you're ready to take it home. Kinda neat.

Not much new otherwise. Was down another few pounds this morning, which makes me think something is wrong with my scales. But, strangely enough, I feel thinner too (and I trust that feeling). Have no idea what that's about but I'll take it, especially at this time of year.
Closed Thread