Old 02-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Fat Free Hummus!

After searching for months, I finally found it!! Fat Free Hummus! I didn't think the stuff even existed but when I came across it at Kroger yesterday I literally could have jumped up and down screaming LOL! Ahh yes, it's heavenly and I can consume the entire container without feeling any guilt because it has a point value of 2. I also found Fat Free Feta right next to it and I had also been looking for that with no luck. Both were a little pricey but well worth the few dollars I paid for each.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Brand? I love hummus.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i just make it myself, but if you don't have the time, great find!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Hungry Girl has a hummus recipe I've been meaning to try with a PP value of 1... http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/show/1898
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I love bean pastes. Not just hummus. I do buy hummus occasionally, but usually I just drain a can of beans (garbanzo, black beans, pinto, lima, kidney, pink beans, black-eyed peas even baked beans or fat free refried beans) and whir it up in a food processor with extra seasonings and some moisture (usually some kind of garlic or onion, bellpepper or celery, and a salad dressing, vingegar, wine, salsa or barbecue sauce).

I use it as a quesadilla filling or a dip for veggies & baked chips. It's great for last minute guests or potlucks, because it's so super quick to make.

Some of my best combos:

Baked beans (plain or fancy), some onions a smidge of barbecue sauce (or even ketchup).

(This one always gets the best reviews at polucks & the biggest surprise when they learn what it is).

White beans (cannellini or any white or light colored bean)/onion, garlic or shallot/ vinaigrette dressing (oil & vinegar or italian) or even wine.

black beans or refried beans & salsa (with refried beans you don't even need a food processor, just stir).

chili seasoned beans (don't need to add anything, just drain lightly. I usually do add onion though).

white beans/cilantro/asian dressing (like Newman's sesame ginger)
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #6  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Great thread, I'm inspired to head to the kitchen right now and whip up some hummus!
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

Oooh yeah, hummus and zucchini strips. That could work for breakfast, right?

Kimberly, what brand is the hummus you found?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Not what the OP bought, but this recipe looks fun to try:
http://happyherbivore.com/2009/06/hummus/
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #9  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
After searching for months, I finally found it!! Fat Free Hummus! I didn't think the stuff even existed but when I came across it at Kroger yesterday I literally could have jumped up and down screaming LOL! Ahh yes, it's heavenly and I can consume the entire container without feeling any guilt because it has a point value of 2. I also found Fat Free Feta right next to it and I had also been looking for that with no luck. Both were a little pricey but well worth the few dollars I paid for each.
I'd recommend a bit of caution on eating entire container thinking it's a fat free product. They may not have added any oil, but as chickpeas/garbonzo beans naturally contain fat, I suspect the marketer has based claim of 0 grams of fat on showing a small enough serving size that they're allowed to round value down to 0.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #10  

I guess you found a hummus substitute. Hummus by definition has oil in it, and the beans contain oil.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I love bean pastes. Not just hummus. I do buy hummus occasionally, but usually I just drain a can of beans (garbanzo, black beans, pinto, lima, kidney, pink beans, black-eyed peas even baked beans or fat free refried beans) and whir it up in a food processor with extra seasonings and some moisture (usually some kind of garlic or onion, bellpepper or celery, and a salad dressing, vingegar, wine, salsa or barbecue sauce).

I use it as a quesadilla filling or a dip for veggies & baked chips. It's great for last minute guests or potlucks, because it's so super quick to make.

Some of my best combos:

Baked beans (plain or fancy), some onions a smidge of barbecue sauce (or even ketchup).

(This one always gets the best reviews at polucks & the biggest surprise when they learn what it is).

White beans (cannellini or any white or light colored bean)/onion, garlic or shallot/ vinaigrette dressing (oil & vinegar or italian) or even wine.

black beans or refried beans & salsa (with refried beans you don't even need a food processor, just stir).

chili seasoned beans (don't need to add anything, just drain lightly. I usually do add onion though).

white beans/cilantro/asian dressing (like Newman's sesame ginger)
I'm going to have to try these, they sound awesome!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #12  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Kaplods- all these combos sound so good! Will have to try out some of these! TFS!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #13  

Sorry it took so long to get back with everyone about the brand!! It's Oasis Classic Cuisine =D

Last edited by KimberlyP; 02-21-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #14  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

As a few have also mentioned, I'm a bit suspicious of an entire container of hummus being only 2 pts.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #15  
WW Moderator

Ok, I found this in the archives. No tahini or olive oil, and the chick peas are also mixed with carrots and cauliflower. I definitely have to try some of this.

Quote:
I found a brand of hummus (they spell it Hommus on the container) at Super Target that appears to be Core. We bought the Mediterranean Medley flavor. The brand is Oasis Classic Cuisine, $2.99 for a 8 oz. container, and here's the info to 2 tablespoons:

Calories: 18
Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 37mg
Carb: 3g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 1g

Ingredients: Organic chickpeas, water, red bell pepper, cauliflower, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, spices.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote