Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Sick About Going Away This Weekend

I'm really nervous, i've been following the plan successfully since the end of November and this is my first weekend away with friends. We all enjoy mindless eating and drinking which is my issue. I've already decided that it's not worth pulling myself off the ledge Monday morning! I've come too far to blow it in one weekend!

I've decided that when i get home i'm going to pack a bag of all my fruit and veggies that i have so they don't spoil, my ff chips, my yogurt and my oatmeal for the trip. That way there is no excuses! I do enjoy a few drinks which i know are empty points but i do lol!

I keep reminding myself of the big picture, the fact i'm in a wedding in July, and going on a beach vacation in August and have to wear a bathing suit Plus it's simply just not worth all my hard work going down the drain!

The other positive is i've decided to weigh in tomorrow before i leave as my normal day is Saturday. So either way it will be on my mind if i lost or gained how important it is to stay on plan no matter where i am.

So, can you guys tell me what you do if going away, how you adjust and stay on plan? Thanks!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

I have my first big trip since joining WW in a couple weeks, and I share your concerns. I think it is great to think about long-term goals, but what is even easier is to think about short term goals, like your next weigh in---I will be very upset if I gain a lot of weight when I am on vacation, especially since it has taken me a month to lose 7 pounds (which I know i could easily gain in a long weekend if I ate recklessly). My goal is to be mindful of my behavior, to not let myself get in a situation where I just high auto-pilot and eat whatever I feel like eating. It is reasonable to have an indulgence or two while on vacation, but it can't be an every-meal or every-day thing if you want to maintain or lose weight. I think packing smart snacks is a great step in the right direction, and maybe carry something with you (or keep it in your wallet) to remind you of your goals! Visual reminders might help if you are feeling weak.

Good luck, I'd love to hear how it goes!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I do exactly what you are doing, packing snacks to help you get through! Planning is key so you aren't regretful later on! You will do wonderful!

Last edited by JenB77; 02-10-2011 at 03:10 PM.
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Try not to stress about it and have enjoy yourself! You're doing everything right, planning ahead, staying focused and keeping your mind on your goal.

For me, seeing that 1 in front of my weight would be powerful enough to keep me on plan and not risk going back up into the 2s - so whenever you get tempted to go off the rails, think of that 198 and remind yourself of all you've done to get there and what action/choice will take you further away from that and what will keep you there or get you even closer to your ultimate goal.

Have fun and stay strong!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

How did your weekend go, Heather?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote