Old 01-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

so we can't bring up points here?

you just want to say oh this is great. I ate salad and bean cassarole and it's working great? It does say share what does and what DOESN'T.

doesn't that mean that 29 points might not work for everyone?
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #17  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Two other things I just thought of...

1. I do not eat in my car. Not particularly points-plus specific but really has been helpful.

2. I update my weight loss ticker in my signature every week... not sure why, but I get so much satisfaction from reporting a loss.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Tracking without guestimating. Because I've been on weight watchers numerous times (which says nothing bad about the program...just about me), I have a hard time not just fudging it.

That almost never results in a loss though.

Whereas exact tracking ALWAYS results in a loss for me. It might be -.02 lbs...but it will be a loss.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
so we can't bring up points here?

you just want to say oh this is great. I ate salad and bean cassarole and it's working great? It does say share what does and what DOESN'T.

doesn't that mean that 29 points might not work for everyone?
I meant that the thread is about what actions and behaviors of ours are working, or not working. Not the design of the plan itself. There are other threads on that.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #20  

Having multiple choices of 0 point foods and/or 1 point foods to snack on, and learning what a 1 or 2 point portion of some of the foods I really like is what is working for me.

Also, taking a bag of salad and several pieces of fruit to work. Plus a cinnamon shaker. When others are eating muffins or cookies, I am having a sliced pear or apple with cinnamon--yum.

At my current weight I have a 34 point per day allowance. I weigh much more than duckyfeet above, but get less points, due to age and activity level, I believe. Yesterday I ate all of my points, plus 2 weekly points, with 9 servings of 0 point foods, as well. Just to know, I entered into spark people to see what my calories were. Yesterday I ate 1421 calories. And I was stuffed, and afraid I had binged, as I had 3 of those 0 point foods, and the 2 point dairy serving after dinner, and felt so full. (2 bananas, 1 pear- not all at once, but throughout the evening)

So for me, the fact that the 0 point option leads me away from junk is a huge factor to sticking to plan. If I had eliminated the two point dairy serving, I would have eaten 1345 calories. I am not going to double track points and calories all the time, but was interested. For some reason the points steer me in a better direction than straight calorie counting- away from my addiction foods of starches and commercial baked goods.

Last edited by Bunti; 01-16-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #21  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Thinner, what makes you think WW is low calorie?
WW is generally considered to be a low calorie diet. While they try to use points to encourage eating of certain types of food, they base their program on trying to aim for a 1.5 to 2 pound weight loss a week based upon cutting calories. If you look at their formula (which is in their patent application) while at the basis of it is calorie restriction. That is, the program is based upon eating fewer calories that are being burned up through our metabolism.

WW is not generally considered low fat, low carb, low protein, etc. because all of those food styles can be accomodated on WW even now. The new program certainly encourages a somewhat lower carb/higher protein diet than before. Nonetheless, it is also not a mandatory part of the program to choose that and you could also eat a high carb diet with low fat for example.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Koska- you only have 6 pounds to g??? That is a vision for sure.

You said a lot there. I know I can't digest that so I'll say what works for me is|
fruit. Eating it everyday
Vegetables. At every meal or the fruit
Counting the PP with each meal
Waking up knowing I have another day to do it right
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #23  
RockStar

S/C/G: 333/234/140

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

I lost around 90 pounds on WW in 2003 on the points system. I restarted WW this past December with an 11 pound gain and excited to learn the new points+ system.

I lost 2+ the first week, 5+ the second and 3 even the third week.

Pretty much everything is working for me. I get 33 points a day and I exercise every day.

PS: Hi from a new member
GlitterGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Gotta say that I love the "free" fruit and veg. It makes it far less onerous to track what I'm eating if I have fewer items to look up/keep track of.

Speaking of looking up ... I'm doing the online and I really don't like the "food look-up" feature in the Points Tracker. It seems to be an uphill battle finding the point values of simple plain food -- there are so many variations and boxed meals, brand names, etc cluttering up the results.
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote