Old 01-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #1  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Default WW 20-something's <3 January Thread

Hi, I just started weight watchers on Monday and thought it would be fun and interesting to start a thread for everyone following weight watchers in their twenties. I figured it would be helpful to post points here and whatnot, so we have some accountability and comradeship this month!

I figured anyone interested could do an introduction post, with their name and their goals, and perhaps post a photo if they felt inclined. I think everyone being in the same place will be fabulous.

I'm Kori, I'm 20 years old, a photography student, and I'm looking to lose around fifty pounds on the WW Online program. I love art and fashion, so my main reason for wanting to lose the weight is to look somewhat decent in my clothes. Also, because I am not healthy and I want to be a bodacious babe in a bikini one day. (One very far off day!)

Today (or, yesterday since it's 2am here in Connecticut), I did well with my points, only went over one into the weekly allowance. My only concern is that I gained two pounds!! I think it may be because I've never drank this much water a day in my entire life! I had a bit of a concern about eating past midnight (shouldn't have taken a nap after work today, now I'll be up all night). Weirdly enough, when I would normally be binging on cheeseburgers and fries, I ate a huge omelette with mushrooms and cheese and a big salad instead. And one milano cookie (Three milano cookies are five points! Can you imagine? That stopped me dead in my tracks).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being accountable with all of you.

I'll attach a photo of myself! I recently dyed my hair dark.. I look kind of like a baby goth. No big deal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 213530.jpg (52.2 KB, 2 views)
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #2  
I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

S/C/G: 233/ticker/133

Height: 5'6.5

I am Lindsey and I am 26 years young! I joined weight watchers because my doctor said that I may have high blood pressure. When the doc told me that she was going to have me come back in to recheck my blood pressure in a few months, I decided that I needed to loose some weight. I have not gone back to recheck my blood pressure, my appointment is scheduled for next week.

I love the weight watchers program! I weigh in every Tuesday at lunch. Then I get back to work and have a HUGE support group that wants to know how I did. I have been trying to get some people from work to join with me, but so far it is just me doing it.

I really enjoy my leader and the other members who are in my meeting. It is just the motivation I need to keep me going for the next week. I was extremely unhealthy before I joined 6 weeks ago. I have eaten more veggies now than ever in my life before. Lol.

Kori – stick with the program, it works! And drinking your water does wonders for you. Congrats on not eating the cheeseburger and fries (that is a hard thing to do).

ATXchic924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I am 26 and have 4 kids. I am trying to get back down to my weight I was before I had baby #3 (125-135).
VeggieGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #4  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

My name is Rebecca, and I am a 23 soon to be 24 years old. I live in Washington, DC (but am originally from Connecticut) and work for a major magazine. I don't have any kids, although I do babysit for some very cute ones from time to time.

I had done WW in the past when I was in middle school (life long weight problem), and decided to join again this past Thanksgiving. My primary motive for joining was that I travel to some amazing places for work, but have exactly zero pictures of myself in these destinations because I hate the way I look on camera. I have a bunch of trips coming up this quarter, and I am hoping to get some pictures this time! Also, the health benefits of slimming down and the psychological benefits of being in control are major pluses for me as well.

I am a meetings member (I bought the 3-month pass, so I do not have e-tools) and go out to a center in Maryland for them (DC doesn't really have many fat ppl, so there are few WW meetings). Although I don't talk much at them, I am really liking them and need the accountability of weighing in every week.

This week has been going pretty well for me (I dropped down into the wonderful one-hundreds). I did make the marshmellow bark featured in the weekly magazine a few weeks ago, so having that in the house has been hard, but nothing I cannot manage.

Good luck to everyone!!!
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Hey Girls! Im 24 years old, a Psychology major and I've decided to do WW agian after gaining about 40lbs on a medication. I've done WW before a couple of years ago and lost roughly 45lbs, so I know it works! My trouble in the past few attempts has been sticking to my points but this time around, (I started on Monday)I'm sticking too it!! Aside from getting healthier, I really just want to feel comfortable in my own skin. So far the new system has been something to get used to, but not so much different. Good luck ladies!!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #6  
superfab

Welcome everyone!

Lindsey- The water really has been doing wonders for my skin so far, and my face looks a lot less puffy! Thanks for joining first! I was worried I’d be alone! Haha. I weigh in on Mondays, and next Monday is my VERY FIRST weigh in after joining weight watchers. Very scared! Especially since I’m supposed to have my period this weekend, so I’m retaining water BADLY.

VeggieGirl- FOUR KIDS?! You are a champion for putting your weight-loss first! They have to have their mom around for a long time, after all!

Rebecca- A fellow CT-ion!! I absolutely hate it here, you must be happy you got out. I’m currently going to school for Photography, but I have my eyes set on becoming an art director at a magazine. Weird parallels. Congrats on the seventeen pounds lost so far!!! <3<3

Vixxi- Thanks for joining us! 45lbs is amazing to lose!! I’m sure you can do it again. I’m looking to lose fifty or so, so the fact that it’s actually able to be done is awesome incentive.

Today, I’m planning on eating not so much because my points have gone from 36 to 20 with my weird binge last night. I’m trying to get the huge amount of frozen meals down a bit before I leave for my boyfriend’s for the weekend tomorrow. I also have an obsene amount of vegetables for stir-fry and way too many mushrooms. Have to think of something with mushrooms, or find some ingredients to make stuffed mushrooms. Whatever! Hope everyone has a fabulous day, and checks in at the end of it/some point in it <3
Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I'm on the other side of the 20's

I'm Heather and I'm 28 years old. I live in Houston Texas and I'm married to an awesome guy and we have a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old (until the 24th!) girl.

I did Weight Watchers prior to getting married, and I lost 40 lbs. I think that's a big part of hte reason I conceived my son so quickly (I have PCOS, so fertility is kind of a touchy issue there).
Well 2 kids later, I've gained it all back and I'm back to square one.

This time I'm trying to be more "public" about my weight loss. I'm blogging, talking about it with family and friends and I'm going to try to be more active within forums. I'm just going to put it all out there so I have a big support group to back me up.

I hope we can all support each other!
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #8  
superfab

Nice to meet you Heather! So, as it turns out I had looked, but thought there was none but there is already a 20-somethings January WW Thread!! So I suppose we should move the support group on over there! Hope to see you guys there.