Old 01-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Default Lifetime and Pregnancy

I have been trying to find some information on being pregnant and lifetime status. I reached lifetime back in July, been doing great. I am now pregnant...almost 12 weeks in fact. I have still been going because I am not ready to share the news with them yet. But I wonder...if you are lifetime would they let you still at least attend meetings? Does anyone know? I have still been weighing in, but since I was 6-7 lbs under my goal I had a "buffer". Soon I will loose my buffer. I would really love to keep going to the meetings though. Does anyone know if you can if your lifetime?
loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I don't know the answer to this question but I wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! Very exciting news!
Maybe you can pull your leader aside at the next meeting and ask her, I would think you could still attend if you are paying but I have no idea, good luck!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #3  

The whole "pulling my leader aside" thing is tricky. My leader just passed away the week before Christmas. I am feeling a bit lost without her. She had been sick for a while, so we have had a sub, but I don't feel comfortable asking her about it yet. Since I am lifetime I do not pay to attend meetings. So I just wonder if I can still go and listen. I will have to find out eventually...I am showing, it's pretty obvious I am pregnant.

Thanks for the congrats!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #4  

Well how about calling ww directly and asking them? I bet they will know and then you won't have to mess with pulling the sub aside, and so sorry about losing your leader!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #5  

I have an email in to WW, just waiting to hear back. In the meantime I thought I would ask her to see if anyone had gone thru this already. I did read that you get a 3 month grace period to get back to goal weight after you have the baby. Which is nice to know. I am trying really hard to not go overboard and gain too much with this baby. This is the first time I have been at a normal weight when pregnant...it's like being pregnant for the first time! But this is my 4th baby...it's a whole new adventure.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #6  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Congratulations! I don't know the answer to this question but wanted to wish you well.

3 months doesn't seem like long to get back to goal weight after baby.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #7  

Well you are ahead of the game already! I have 4 children and it does get harder to lose after each one but if you are already starting off at a good weight the odds are in YOUR favor
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #8  

Ok, so I got tired of waiting for an email reply. Finally found a phone number for WW (why do they hide it so well on their site???). So I called and asked if I was lifetime and pregnant if I could at least still attend meetings. His answer was strange. He said your really not supposed to but it depends on your relationship with your leader. He said some leaders will still let you come. I am almost certain my leader (who just passed away) would have let me keep coming. I will have to see what our new leader says. I have a feeling she would let me too...and if the receptionist has any say in it I think she would too. Wish me luck...I really don't' wanna give up my meetings. They are such a huge part of my life now.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I've always wondered about this. I mean, it would make sense that you should be able to. But just not weigh in. Or obviously not try to lose weight, lol. I know that when I get pregnant (way in the future) it would be a huge disappointment to not have that support. Let us know how it goes!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

When my friend/co-worker found out she was pregnant, she was pretty close to her goal and the leader just made her lifetime so that when she came back after the baby, she would have x amount of months to lose the weight to get back to lifetime. She asked if she could keep coming to the meetings with me, but was told that she could not. (Told NICELY though.) She just had her baby a few weeks ago and we'll be going together again. We both work for different companies now, but we've stayed friends.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Weight Watchers has a policy against being pregnant and attending/participating:

"Weight Watchers prohibits participation in its weight loss plan for children under the age of 10, those individuals with an active medical diagnosis of bulimia nervosa, those whose weight is less than 5 pounds above the minimum weight of the Weight Watchers Weight Ranges, and during pregnancy."

http://www.weightwatchers.com/about/his/health.aspx
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #12  

Just to update this again. I went to my meeting on Saturday and talked to my leader. She said she has no problem with me still coming. I had told her I called WW 800 number and they basically told me it was up to her. She said if she was in my shoes she would still want to be able to come. So, I still plan to try to go for a while. Once I get further along and am huge, I may stop going. I don't want any new members wondering what is up with the pg lady in the back row. I just feel like I need the meetings right now...especially still coming off of the holidays. So anyway, that's that I guess.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
"Weight Watchers prohibits participation in its weight loss plan...and during pregnancy."

http://www.weightwatchers.com/about/his/health.aspx
See, I don't think I am "participating in the weight loss plan". I just wanna sit in on meetings. I am NOT actively trying to lose weight, I am eating healthy and being sensible. But whatever. WW told me it was up to my leader so I am going by that until someone in authority tells me otherwise.