3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   !!!!!!!!!@@@@@@$$$%%^ what is wrong with me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/219654-%40%40%40%40%40%40%24%24%24%25%25%5E-what-wrong-me.html)

tytbody 12-14-2010 12:50 AM

!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@$$$%%^ what is wrong with me?

okay, that's what I feel right now.
  1. I've been logging my food
  2. I've been doing exercise, but not every day.
  3. I drink FF milk
  4. i have the etools and I have it on my phone.
  5. I have the books,
  6. I try to drink the water, not the 6 glasses but I try.
  7. I take my vitamins

so what am I doing wrong that weight is not falling off of me? I know I know everyone is different but when the heck is it going to move. Everyone and I do mean everyone is a bit more then me and they are losing. Is it cause i'm not very heavy? :mad::mad::mad::?:

bargoo 12-14-2010 12:57 AM

When did you start ? How many calories a day are you eating ?

tytbody 12-14-2010 01:03 AM

October 26, this year. I don't know how many calories because I do the WW. We don't have to count calories.

bargoo 12-14-2010 01:06 AM

How much did you weigh when you started and how much do you weigh now ?

spryng 12-14-2010 04:32 AM

when you say the weight is not falling off of you, does that mean you are losing just slower?? I know after 12 years of yo yo dieting and battering my body with one fad diet after the next I've really hurt my metabolism and I lose very slowly as well. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that ww is not just a diet to get us to our goal, it's a long term, lifetime lifestyle change so we can do it and maintain our loss forever. So when you think like that, what is the big hurry to get to our goal? we WILL get there eventually whether it's at a 2lb a week pace or .2 lb a week pace and we'll have many many years to learn maintenance which honestly is much much harder than losing the weight (believe me I've been there a few times just to gain it back, so it's a learning process for sure) But if you think you should be losing faster maybe you can post a few days worth of menus on here of what you've been eating, are you eating all your daily pts? how about weekly? give us more info and we'll gladly help ya :)

seagirl 12-14-2010 05:54 AM

It's not falling off me either. But I'm trying to chill and trust the process.

And I remember when I started my business. 3 weeks in I still only had one client. They weren't flocking to me. But I was doing the things I knew would get me there - networking, going to events, setting up my web presence. They started to come little by little then more and more.

I'm hoping that is what this is like- I set up the building blocks and foundation of this thing, and trust the process and then the weight will come off. Even if it comes off at .2 pounds a week. That's still weight coming off.

According to my scale, I weigh exactly the same this morning as I did 3 weeks ago. There have been some dips in there, but none that sustain themselves. But, it's not long enough to start judging.

locks 12-14-2010 06:36 AM

The weight off is very slow for me. I was with another program before where no carbs at night, and I think my body really liked that. But it was hard to follow the program as you had to eat only every three or two hours depending if you ate protien or carbs. WW is shocking my body maybe, I didnt get fat by eatting sweets, for me it was always picking way to many carbs and not moving enough. I think I will try to limit the carbs at supper time see if that jolts my body a bit. But at least I am not going up. Seems I can maintain fairly easily. Since July have lost 26 lbs. 2 from WW in 4 weeks. I guess patience is needed as our body seems to want to keep the extra weight lol.

Sherral 12-14-2010 07:11 AM

Age is a factor too, at 52 it is slow going. I am actually still up from what I was a few weeks ago and it can be very depressing when I get on the scale. I have to do alot of positive self talk to keep myself balanced. And, like Spryng I have been yoyo dieting for years and am now reaping the the not so good consequences. But, I know if I keep on going the weight will come off, not at the pace i would like, but it will. I have also started an intense workout called Turbo Fire and I know my body is retaining water as I am very sore, are you working out right now, could your body also be holding onto some water? Hang in there and it will happen for you.

winning the war 12-14-2010 07:47 AM

I don't do WW anymore, but with any weight loss plan I've been on my weight comes off very slow. However, I can gain very quickly! Doesn't seem fair! But as long as the scale is moving in the right direction, I'm ok with it. After all, it's a lifestyle change not a race, so I'll be doing this for the rest of my life anyway so I'm in no hurry ;)

tytbody 12-14-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 3607216)
How much did you weigh when you started and how much do you weigh now ?

172. Start. 167. Now

tytbody 12-14-2010 09:08 AM

No, sometimes I don't get in all my faults.
I don't eat the extra weeklys
One thing I learned last night if I have that cup of tea with sugar, I wasn't counting the sugar.. Not that I drink it each day but it could add to what I thought was nothing.

I think maybe I should write out my food intake versus using stools Maybe?

tytbody 12-14-2010 09:18 AM

Ok. I just got sick of people saying how they are losing and I cant understand why they are and not everyone.

I'm 56 and just doing a little exercise thatnis comfortable to me. I know before I used to break loose, try to keep up with the video instructor.

Ha, that's not for me any more and its not necessary to get a decent workout

If it can be done in15 minute segments more exercise bids ought to cut the program up

Now that's a thought. Watch, someone will take my idea and whamo..

Exercise for Weight Watchers. Will be the title. Lol

KimberlyP 12-14-2010 11:11 AM

While I know it can be frustrating, you can't give up! Look at it like this - You've changed your lifestyle to a healthier one and are even fitting activity in daily or when you can. What did you eat like before Weight Watchers? Did you exercise? These are major lifestyle changes and for the better and you should be proud of yourself!

If you see my stats I have lost quite a bit and while I managed to lose at a rate of 2lbs or even 3lbs some weeks, my weightloss has slowed because I am closer to goal. I have busted my hump every week at the gym and tracking to get where I am, it hasn't been easy and to be quite frank there have been days where I've been so frustrated I cry my eyes out. The most important thing I do is keep pushing myself no matter what because if I quit, the weight comes back on and I'm right back to the beginning. Please don't get frustrated with members posting what they've lost, I am one of those people who like to share my weekly losses because I'm proud of myself and want everyone else here to be also!

You can do this, I have faith in you! Try tracking EVERYTHING for one solid week and see what happens at your weekly weigh in, I guarantee you're going to see some positive results =D

kaplods 12-14-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytbody (Post 3607207)
Everyone and I do mean everyone is a bit more then me and they are losing. Is it cause i'm not very heavy? :mad::mad::mad::?:

Maybe. The less you have to lose, the slower you're going to lose (as a general rule).

But the fact is, you lose what you lose, and you can either deal with that or give up.

I've been on both sides. When I was younger (and the weight I am now), weight did literally fall off me, and I would quit when the weight loss fell off to less than a couple pounds a week. Losing 5 to 8 pounds a week, made me feel entitled to that amount I guess, I don't know, but when the weight loss slowed to less than 2 pounds a week, I'd feel like I was failing and I'd give up.

Now, even at 306 lbs (well, right now I'm 310 lbs, because of TOM), I'm lucky to lose 2 lbs a month (although it is true though that I'm not willing to crash diet anymore). I can be frustrated that I'm not losing as well as some people my size, but it's NOT true that most people lose faster than I do (as much as it seems like it), because the truth is most people don't lose faster - most people give up. So even if you're losing only half a pound a month, you're losing more than most people do just by not giving up.

So do what most people don't do - stick with it.

Koshka 12-14-2010 01:36 PM

I am also 56 years old and until recently I could have written your post. I was losing but very slowly. The one difference perhaps is that I've been doing a bit more exercise. Still I realized it was going to take me 2 years to lose 55 pounds at my rate.

I was usually using most of my weekly points (35 at the time) but not my activity points.

I chalked it all up to my slow metabolism, etc.

But then one day I read most of the Science articles on the WW website. The articles say that it is a myth that eating less shuts down the metabolism. They acknowledge that losing weight can slow metabolism but doesn't shut it down. So I went and did a lot of reading on metabolism (only reading real scientific studies, not junk opinions).

I came away with the conclusion that has someone who has lost weight before my metabolism is probably 15 to 20% slower than someone who never lost weight.

However, eating less will not slow it any more. The idea of eating fewer calories slows weight loss seems to be a myth.

So I refocued to be more intense.

I began to calculate points for each thing that I ate even if I was sure I knew the points. I began to weight and measure everything. I bought a premade salad from the store yesterday and I actually took the chicken from it and weighed it. I measured out the salad dressing and so on.

I also stopped eating my weekly points except very occasionally. Week before last I ate 2 of them, last week none. This week so far I've eaten 1.

Since then my weight loss rate has tripled!

I realize that while I was eating OK before and was losing weight. But, I was overall eating too much even though it was within my points. For me, using most of my weekly points meant I would lose very slowly. Now that I'm not using them and I'm being super careful in calculating points eaten my loss hwas really improved.