Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #46  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday ended up 29 daiy pts plus 18 flex, silly Christmas party.

Today, so far.
breakfast taco 5
lunch whole wheat bread, jennio healthy ham, ff cheese 6
fruit times 2 0

Supper, chicken breast bites in hot wing sauce salad, ff ranch 5
5 baked french fries 1
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #47  

Tracerific, I'm not down that much, but I applaud you!
My roadblocks are eating out. We were supposed to (I thought) stay home last night, but we went out again. My husband is not that supportive of my weight loss efforts, in some ways, but I order my own food and need to learn how to make better choices. I have tried the last two nights and the points plus allowance I have of those extra "flex" points are great, so I still have some left and I stayed "on program" by using them. I'm going to try to finish off the week by being perfect. That is my goal.
Below will be my journal....
Linda in NH
But, the increase in the
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #48  

Yesterday's journal:
I was no angel for sure, I used 14 Points Plus, but I was thrilled to have them to use. I still have 18 of them left and only 2 days left in this weekly tracker. It will be easy to acheive, I think, staying with this. I find myself worrying. I feel as if I've been "cheating" but I am really writing every single thing down and I am OK I think?
Points allowance: 29
Saturday:

Breakfast:
Rye toast with butter spray = 2
Fresh Pineapple = 0
Boiled Egg = 2

mid morning, a few grapes = 0
Points remaining: 25

Lunch:
2 slices lean deli ham = 2
Grapefruit = 0
butternut squash, with 1 T soft margarine = 1 (wish I had known the restaurant we were going to had that as the only veggie on the menu before hand, would have chose something else)

snacks: orange = 0
13 mini rice cakes = 3 (used to be 1 point!)

Points remaining = 19

Dinner out: Local restaurant with no official points allowances as per WW. I looked up what I thought I would order in the Dining Our Companion and figured out pretty much what everything would be.

2 glasses wine (small glasses but I'm counting the full allowance) = 8
crackers 3, cheese 1 = 4
Salad (asking for no croutons makes it a 0 point choice!) = 0
Oil and Vinegar = 2 (tried to really measure out oil and not over do it)
Bread, butter = 6
Baked haddock with crumb topping (had to be butter in there so I counted as follows: fish 6, crumbs 3, butter 3 = 12 points
Squash = 0 (I added no butter and it didn't taste like there was any in it)
32 points for that entire meal, ouch. It was great but I am going to have to do better. However I had 19 points left before that and that means I should have counted 13 "flex" points. I upped it by 1 in case I underestimated and considered the day <14> and counted those points plus.

Today there will be no eating out and I will be extremely conservative and will hope to not use any extra points and stay in my range.
I feel kind of guilty, should I? I had the point and I used them... why should I feel badly?

I do want to point out a few changes, though.
I would have ordered a potato or rice dish instead of the squash.
I would have possibly ordered a pasta dish ordinarily or a chicken one that had lots of unknowns in it, I chose something that I felt was accountable. Being able to figure out points was important to me and I used the WW dining out companion, I think, somewhat wisely. I probably shouldn't have had the 2nd glass of wine, but I did. : ) I still had the points for it.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 12-05-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #49  
Whatever it takes!

S/C/G: 201.6/201.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Everyone's doing great! I can't wait to see what our losses will be - verrry curious

I did well yesterday. Following is my log:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup Uncle Sam's cereal, 4 (kinda expensive, point-wise)
1/2 cup Skim milk, 1
Banana, 0
light string cheese, 1

Lunch:
Chinese chicken salad, 9 (have to use up that huge napa cabbage)
light string cheese, 1
grapes, 0

Dinner:
2 slices home-made sausage pizza, 10
salad with light honey mustard dressing, 2
roasted veggies, 1 (for the canola oil)

I did not experience hunger between meals, and that is something new. Linda started this conversation about what we're doing now that is different than what we've done in the past - I know what I have done this week is very different. I've eaten much more fruit and vegetables. I've always liked them, but they seemed to be an afterthought instead of central to my diet.

For the past 2.5 years I have made home-made pizza on Saturday night. I've got it down to a science! Anyway, I put my pizza recipe into recipe builder and was surprised to see it only came out to 5 points plus per slice. I can deal with that! I made sure to eat salad and vegetables, and I was FULL. Usually I would get up in the middle of the night and eat a leftover slice of pizza, then turn around and have a slice or 2 for breakfast, all while wondering why losing weight was so hard! I have to laugh at myself!

I am oh so anxious to see the results on Monday night. I have sneaked a peak on my home scale, and it showed 196! Of course, that was early in the morning and I will be weighing at night. Whatever the result, I feel that this is a program I can live with indefinitely. What a relief! I mentioned before that I always felt that I was on the brink of a binge. Absolutely none of those feelings this week. I wonder if that's because my carb consumption is down somewhat?

Linda, good job on choosing one starch at dinner. I have used about 1/2 my weekly allowance (hard to tell because on-line re-set my week on Saturday). One day to wait to see what results I'll have.
Eileen7316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #50  

Eileen, can you share that pizza recipe with us? That would be awesome.
Also, I have another thought to share. I have made portabella mushroom pizzas in the past and they are pretty good. I use the big portabella mushrooms and take out the stems and fill them with pizza stuff. I pre-bake them for about 15 minutes at 350 before filling them with sauce and toppings. I've made them using canned diced tomatoes and low fat cheese and extra veggies as well and they would be very low points for us. I have filled them with ricotta and spinach and topped them with Parmesan as well more than once. The are a 0 point "crust" and they work quite well.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #51  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I ended up not eating anymore last night, I just wasn't hungry.

Breakfast today
2 eggs scrambled 4
Jenni O healty ham 2
2 sliced sara lee 45 bread w/spray butter 2
1 clementine 0
Total 8

Lunch
Left over buffalo bites chicken salad, with ff ranch 5
1 banana 0

Up to 13.

Baked chicken breast 4
wild rice 4
green beans 0
couple bites bbq pork 1
1/2 pear 0
soy milk 3
25 total so far

So far I'm really liking the new plan. Not having to count the fruit and most veggies is making it a lot easier for me.

Stepped on the scale this morning, down 2 pounds from my ticker and 4 from weigh in last Tues night. But that was an evening weigh in. And "tada" one pair of jeans that I couldn't get buttoned, I can now button and zip. Tighter than crap but still a victory! A few more pounds and I'll be able to wear them and breath, at the same time!

Last edited by shcirerf; 12-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #52  
So Ready

Thanks, Linda! I eat out almost every day, too (one meal). But I always go to the same places and know the nutritional info. Being a creature of habit/boring person saves me a lot of heartache, I guess. ;-)

Being able to grab a piece of fruit has saved me this week, for sure. I really get why they made that change. It's completely opened my eyes and changed my habits.

Thanks to insomnia, I'm way up on the scale today (lack of sleep is always reflected on the scale for me). Hoping I can get some good sleep tonight and tomorrow so weigh-in goes well Tuesday.

Breakfast today:

Kashi Oatmeal: 3
Egg: 2
Canadian bacon: (comes up as 0 on eTools, but doesn't seem right)
slice of pineapple: 0
banana: 0
Coffee with real cream: 3
Total: 8

Has anyone tried the vanilla Kashi oatmeal? Just had it for the first time and it is so good. I hate most instant oatmeals because they taste very processed and overly sweet, but this stuff was superyum!
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #53  
Whatever it takes!

Oh, my pizza recipe is pretty standard; even dough purchased at your supermarket is about the same. All dough uses water, flour, yeast and salt. It's much more about technique, and that would probably take 3 pages to tell all the tips and tricks I've learned over the years! The best advice I have is to use a pizza stone and a peel to get it in and out of the oven. Oh, and to pre-bake the crust on the stone for just a minute or two, which makes it easier to get into the oven with all the toppings. Then it's just a matter of sauce, cheese and whatever other toppings you like. I used chicken sausage, and it was great!

I'm going to try the portobella recipe you mention. The one with ricotta and spinach sounds awesome! It will be good to eat when I don't have many points left, but I don't want to give up my delicious crust! I make it nice and thin and it gets really crispy on the stone.

Tonight is flat iron steak; have any of you tried this new cut? They are delicious and relatively inexpensive! I think they're as tender as tenderloin, but have so much more flavor. It's cut from the chuck section of the beef. I would like to have it grilled, but I'm feeling lazy. Of course, it is 72 or so outside, so it wouldn't be a hardship. Maybe I can get up the gumption to start the charcoal. My dh is a chef, but he NEVER cooks at home. He says it's like doing homework! In the almost 17 years we've been married he has cooked about 4 times. Oh my goodness, that reminds me! How could I forget that our anniversary is Tuesday? Wow, I'm in trouble now.

Tracerrific, insomnia plagues me too. I have not slept all the way through the night in years. I'm going to try to work on that. I might try the Kashi oatmeal on your recommendation. I dislike instant, so I use quick cooking oats in the microwave and then use sugar-free maple syrup and fat-free half and half. The oat flavor really comes through to me.

Everyone have a great Sunday evening! See you tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #54  

Thanks Eileen, I'll look for a flat iron steak - haven't remembered seeing it.
I wonder about insomnia, I have had my share of it and I have a bad habit now of taking Tylenol PM at bedtime in order to sleep or melatonin. I do find that dairy in the evening helps me, milk in particular.

Today's journal:

Points allowance = 29

Breakfast:
2 slices of lite bread toasted with butter spray = 2
WW yogurt= 2
Fresh Pineapple = 0
Points remaining: 25

Lunch:
Progresso Lentil soup = 4
Sliced apple = 0
small piece of bread = 2
Boiled egg = 2
3.4 oz Swiss cheese = 2
Points remaining 15

snack: grapes = 0

Dinner:
Chicken breast w/skin = 4
Rice = 5
carrots = 0
soft margarine= 2

earned one activity point so points left are 4

Will have 1/2 cup of low fat frozen yogurt for dessert and I will measure it!

Note to self: Healthy oils are missing!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

So far so good for me, this is one days worth of tracking!!!

4 Tbsp Fat Free Half & Half/1

Weight Watchers Chocolate Peanut Blast Mini Bar/2

Healthy Choice Ravioli Florentine Marinara/6

Honey Crisp Apple/0

Banana/0

Whole Grain Hot Dog Bun/2

Ball Park Turkey Dog/1

Healthy Choice Salsbury Steak Meal/4

1 Tsp Olive Oil/1

4oz 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey/3

Weight Watchers Ice Cream Cup/4

Popcorn Mini Bag/3

Weight Watchers Yogurt/2

Mango/0

KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #56  

Ball Park Turkey Dogs only 1 point!!!! Will be on my shopping list for sure!

I am going to a quilt guild meeting this morning and this is the supreme temptation! About 150 women there and this is December, the month of holiday foods.
I did some research with what was in my house that was a portable snack last night in desperation. I'm bringing my own coffee and my own snack and not going near the tables laden with food.
I found out that the pre-packaged rice krispie treats are still 2 points, as they were on the old program. That was great news for me as I had them on hand, like them and they can be a bit filling too. So, now I will be armed with something of my own. I would have brought a banana, but I need to shop and the one lone banana I have on hand is really squishy and gross right now. I might make it into a shake or something like that so I don't waste it.
Bananas go bad so quickly....
Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Just weighed in, down another 2 so 21.8 total. And I weigh 160 lbs on the dot. ive only been losing 2 pounds a week, weird.

Last edited by PeanutM91; 12-06-2010 at 06:32 PM.
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #58  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm not going to journal everything I had today on here, since much of it is the same, but wanted to point out a couple things about my day:

I made the garden vegetable soup recipe that was included in the new Getting Started guide they gave out at the first P+ meeting. In the booklet it says that it is 0 P+ per serving, but when I went to track it online, I couldn't find that exact recipe. The only other one that looks similar is a Fresh Vegetable Soup that is 1 P+ per serving. I never made the famous 0 point soup recipe before - for those of you in the know, is it the same? And was it never on the online tracker or has it changed? Regardless, the soup was great - even better the second day, and I will definitely make it again and probably vary/add veggies.

I made chicken enchiladas tonight, based off a WW recipe. It was 9 P+ for one enchilada, which included fat free refried beans, chicken, onions, corn salsa, red enchilada sauce, green chilis, garlic and adobo seasoning. Delicious! This is one of my husband's favorite meals and since one enchilada is enough for a meal, this is well worth the points in my opinion.

Also, it's part of my makeup to have a post-supper snack. Sometimes I'll allot myself the points or pull from my weeklies to have a bag of mini popcorn but tonight I'd already maxed out my dailies and thanks to indulging in a coworkers vegan pumpkin muffin (surprisingly delicious!) I'd dipped into my weeklies already today and didn't feel like doing that again. So, I took an apple, sliced it into wedges, spritzed them with a bit of canola oil spray and sprinkled them with pumpkin pie spice and a packet of truvia. Then I baked them in the oven until they browned. OMG, so good - and 0 points!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #59  

Peanut! Great job!
I weigh in tomorrow. I'm so positive about this program, but worrying if there will be a loss or not.
I'm so bummed tonight. My points calculator stopped working. I hope they give me a new one tomorrow. It's been "clunky" and I have had tons of trouble making it work. Maybe it's been defective all along?
I need it!!!!! Finished my journal with 5 points left and then I had one of those WW ice cream cones that I think might now be 4 points? It didn't appear in my food companion and it used to be 2 points. Hope I didn't go over, but I still have something like 14 of the points plus left anyway...
Will type it here tomorrow, going to bed.
Hugs to you all!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #60  
Whatever it takes!

Okay, we went from 70 degrees on Sunday to 37 degrees this morning! That's too cold for Florida.

Well, my weigh-in went pretty well. I lost 2.4 pounds. I thought it would be more, but I'll take it!

Litchick, can you share the enchilada recipe? Mexican food is my favorite, and that one sounds delicious!

I have lots of errands to run this morning before work. The main one is to buy some boots! Hopefully Wal-Mart will have something appropriate, since no one else will be open.

I'll check back later today...