3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Points Plus! Journal while we are adjusting and losses! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/218548-points-plus-journal-while-we-adjusting-losses.html)

LitChick 12-02-2010 12:40 AM

Oh and Eileen, I would love to have that recipe as well!

LitChick 12-02-2010 12:44 AM

OK, here was yesterday's journal, a more typical day for me:

Breakfast
8 oz Total 0% nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 cup(s) unsweetened frozen blueberries
1/2 cup(s) Uncle Sam's Cereal
Subtotal 7

Lunch
1 serving(s) reduced fat gorgonzola cheese
3 cup(s) Spring Mix
1/3 cup(s) Garbanzo Beans
1/2 cup(s) canned mandarin oranges juice pack
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 cup(s) Soups Carrot Ginger Soup
1 small apple(s)
Subtotal 6

Supper
1 Chicken Stir-Fry (Chicken Breast, Broccoli Slaw, Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts, Water Chestnuts, Bamboo Shoots, Garlic Chili Sauce)
Subtotal 5

Snacks
1 medium banana(s)
1 bar(s) Kashi Chewy Granola Bar dark chocolate
1 small apple(s)
2 cup(s) cantaloupe
1 slice(s) Double fibre wheat bread
1 wedge(s) Light Creamy Swiss Original Flavor
1 sandwich(es) Low-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich
Subtotal 8

Food PointsPlus values total used 26 (3 points left over)

spryng 12-02-2010 06:25 AM

Morning all! My menu yesterday looked like this:

breakfast: breakfast burrito
1 egg scrambled
3 slices of deli roast beef
1 slice cheese
1 low carb tortilla
total: 8 pts

Lunch: breaded chicken breast
mixed veggies
total: 6 pts

Dinner: chicken enchiladas (3 of them, yum!)
total: 12 pts

total: 26 pts, left me 3 pts that I did not use. Was a great day! :)

angelshine90 12-02-2010 06:50 AM

Oh I love this idea, especially since I am always looking for "filling food" ideas.
Lets see Yesterday:
English muffin
egg white
1 piece of cheese
(4p)
Snack
Bagel flat with 1p cream cheese
(4p)
small orange (0)
Jello (0)
Lunch
Smartone three cheese pasta which SAYS 5 points but now with the new system is 7! YIKES
Banana (0)
Yogurt (2)
Dinner
serving of tater tots (haha made them for my little girl)
bagel flat with cream cheese
(8)
Smartone dessert (3)

Sub total 28p

Hmm seeing it laid out like this def makes me think I can make better choices lol but I was not hungry yesterday! AND I am still losing :)

Eileen7316 12-02-2010 07:32 AM

Chinese Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles
Makes 4 servings

Dressing:
2 tablespoons canola oil
cup natural wine vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar)
cup Splenda
1 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil

Salad:
cup slivered almonds
5 cups shredded cabbage (preferably Napa)
1 large carrot, shredded
cup sliced green onion
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 (3-ounce) package plain ramen noodles, broken into medium size pieces (I used rice noodles)
2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast

1. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
2. For the salad, place the almonds in a dry small skillet and toast over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the almonds are browned. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, green onion, and water chestnuts. Add the ramen noodles and lightly toss.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Let stand 10 minutes, top with the almonds, and serve.

Calories: 380, Carbohydrate: 25g, Total Fat: 18g, Protein: 23g, Fiber: 7g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 400mg

POINTS PLUS: 9

I'm having leftovers for lunch! That Napa cabbage was expensive! It cost over $8.00 :o (although it was enough for 2-3 recipes). If you are thinking of substituting for the Napa I would not use regular cabbage; if I had to substitute, I would use finely shredded romaine.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

chubbymommy724 12-02-2010 09:08 AM

Eileen, that recipe sounds amazing! I am going to print it out and add it to the menu for next week. I LOVE Napa Cabbage. My mom makes this really amazing thai salad with napa cabbage and crunchy ramen noodles. Yum!

Nicmom24 12-02-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen7316 (Post 3590846)
Chinese Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles

Dressing:
2 tablespoons canola oil
cup natural wine vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar)
cup Splenda
1 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil

Salad:
cup slivered almonds
5 cups shredded cabbage (preferably Napa)
1 large carrot, shredded
cup sliced green onion
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 (3-ounce) package plain ramen noodles, broken into medium size pieces (I used rice noodles)
2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast

1. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
2. For the salad, place the almonds in a dry small skillet and toast over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the almonds are browned. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, green onion, and water chestnuts. Add the ramen noodles and lightly toss.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Let stand 10 minutes, top with the almonds, and serve.

Calories: 380, Carbohydrate: 25g, Total Fat: 18g, Protein: 23g, Fiber: 7g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 400mg

POINTS PLUS: 9

I'm having leftovers for lunch! That Napa cabbage was expensive! It cost over $8.00 :o (although it was enough for 2-3 recipes). If you are thinking of substituting for the Napa I would not use regular cabbage; if I had to substitute, I would use finely shredded romaine.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

I like the nutty/crunchy ramen salads. 8.00 seems really high to me for napa. But then I don't buy it often so I don't know the price offhand.

How many servings does this recipe make? How are the leftovers? Should I dress the whole thing or keep the dressing on the side? I'm the only one in the house who will eat this so it would likely take me a few days to get through a whole batch.

pipernoswiper 12-02-2010 09:31 AM

happy belated birthday litchick! and thanks so much for starting this thread derrydaughter! i will be checking in here often!

yesterday breakfast i had

mcdonalds fruit and walnut salad 6 points
2 extra bags of apple dippers 0 points

lunch
7 oz of broiled (no butter) cod
mashed potatos with saur kraut over them
green beens
2 point ww candy bar gave myself 12 points for lunch

midday
milk, popcorn with my oil, and ww meal and that took 16 more points

dinner

roast and cottage cheese 6 points

late night
fruties and 2 ww candy bars ( just to kill points) 5

also i snacked on fruit all day :) mmmmmmmm watermelon and grapes!

Eileen7316 12-02-2010 09:50 AM

Oh, I forgot the number of servings! Sorry about that - it's 4. I will go back and edit my original post.

Also, I gave my husband a double portion last night, I ate one portion, and saved one for lunch. No, don't dress any salad what you want to keep. I saved a quarter of the ingredients before I tossed it together. I put the cabbage, carrot, and green onion together, then packaged the chicken, water chestnuts and dressing together, and packaged the noodles and almonds together. I will toss right before lunchtime.

8$ for the cabbage seemed high, but it was almost 5 pounds! It was the HUGEST napa cabbage I've ever seen, about the size of a professional football!

derrydaughter 12-02-2010 03:06 PM

Eileen, thanks for doing that for her. I do also want to say that based on her weight and stats under her name, she would probably be getting 29 points per say, so this 25 is within her points allowance!
I want from 21 points a day to 29 points a day and I am 5'2" and weigh 167...29 is the minumum. ;)

QUOTE=Eileen7316;3590416]Playnlearn,

I calculated your pointsplus to be:

Breakfast: 10
Lunch: 5
Dinner: 10

Total: 25

I went with a 6 for the beef - you said cheap cut, so I assumed some fat. Some roasts were 5 and some 7, so I took the middle ground. I also assumed 1/2 a large potato.[/QUOTE]

derrydaughter 12-02-2010 03:13 PM

You guys are doing great:
Here's my day so far:

Points = 29
Breakfast:
1 individually wrapped Cabot Cheese = 2 points
2 slices lite WW toast with butter spray = 3
Cantaloupe (about 1/4 of a large one cut up) = 0
Points remaining 24

Lunch:
1 cup Progresso Lentil Soup with a dash of red wine vinegar in it
(adds flavor, yummy only about 1 tsp) = 4
7 Triscuits= 3
1 Laughing Cow Cheese wedge = 1
Banana = 0

Points remaining = 16

snack: grapes = 0

Still have 16 points

Heading out on an errand in a few minutes, buying fresh fish for dinner or scallops, depending on prices.

Planning: fish or scallops, baked potato, squash or some other veggie?
Will count points for soft margazine as well.
I think I'll be OK and have enough points left for a WW yogurt or something for dessert, if not I'll have fruit. : ) Oh boy, I'm loving that fruit is free. Oh yes, will have to find a place to add in my healthy oils. Maybe I'll use it to cook my entree or will saute my veggies?

derrydaughter 12-02-2010 03:24 PM

Eileen, I also want to add that I am quite intrigued by the new cookbook too. Going to try quite a few of the recipes. However, I'm pretty tapped out after spending a fortune on Thanksgiving and I won't be arbitrarily buying some of the unusual ingredients that I don't keep on hand. But, I have added things to my list.
So much new information to absorb all at once. I admit to being a bit confused. I also feel badly about my pot luck lunch yesterday. But, we are all going to have parties and events and need to take those in stride.

Xan 12-02-2010 04:50 PM

I'm very happy with the new program. I lost a lot of weight on the old exchanges program, which I've missed, and definitely got off course by eating prepared foods. That plan was 6 - 8 oz protein a day and 2-3 "breads." I'd have 8 oz protein and 2 breads and lost like a champ. When WW switched to 2 oz protein and 6 breads, I regained and kept trying other plans.

Hearing that the new plan valued protein, I rejoined on Monday, went in basically to get the new materials. My menus are not at all ideal yet, not because of adjustment problems -- although I've had some surprises! -- but because I'm coming out of a very bad cold and am eating a lot of soups and cereals/milk. I hope to be better, in all sense of the word, by the weekend.

Here are a few of the surprises. One was a glitch, I'm sure, but my long-time breakfast, a Stonyfield Yogurt Strawberry Smoothie, 5 points old style, came up in my Favorites as 1.780 points. A brand now diet! Eat one YSS per year..... (It's really now 6 points, if you use the calculator).

Another standby has been meatballs in tomato sauce from our local food store, Giant. Old style, four meatballs were 6 points. New style, they're 15. I will not be having them again! (I don't love them, but one of my main challenges is cooking, or not cooking. I have a hectic schedule and have gained a lot of weight by eating grab and go meals -- a sandwich here, 2 Zone bars there, etc.)

BUT my old-fashioned exchange program era chicken sandwich, on a Kaiser roll with BUTTER (a word I never thought I'd hear WW utter) is 9 points. Lettuce, onion, apple and grapes thrown in at no charge :)

I'm also very happy that there's no longer the insistence on NO fat. Low fat is fine. But I would look at some of the recipes and menus (please, no offense intended) and know I could never live on a piece of thin bread wth a scraping of no fat margarine, an eggbeater and a glass of skim milk. So after a few days on WW, I'd go to low carb, but that was too high fat for me. So this program is a very good balance. For me -- as always, others will have a different take on things.

Thank you for the menus. I always find it very helpful to read them and will be contributing soon!

spryng 12-02-2010 07:10 PM

My menu for today

points = 29

breakfast- breakfast burrito
1 scrambled egg, 1 slice of cheese and 3 slices of deli roast beef = 8 pts

lunch- leftover beef enchiladas (2) 10 pts

dinner- turkey patty
green beans
7 oz baked potato
total= 9 pts

2 pts leftover, no idea if I'll eat them.

shcirerf 12-02-2010 07:51 PM

Busy day.

Breakfast
2 slices Sara Lee 45 cal bread-2p
lettuce/spinach/tomato 0p
Jennie O Turkey 2p
1 tbls lite mayo 1p

Lunch same sandwich 5
salad, dressing 2

Microwave popcorn 1
Haven't decided on supper yet.