3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Joined WW last Night!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/216463-joined-ww-last-night.html)

amym 11-03-2010 09:12 AM

Joined WW last Night!!!

I have been thinking of joining for the past few months, but something always seemed to come up. So Sunday I made the decision to join and my mother joined with me. I was suprised to see how much I weighed. I have not been weighing for the past few months, but had no idea I had gained so much. I am 20 pounds heavier right now than I was a year ago. March of 2009 I joined LA weightloss, I ented up loosing 43 pounds in 6 months, but have only managed to keep off about 26 of those pounds. LA worked but it was expensive and not a realistic lifestyle for the long term. So I am ready to begin my lifestyle change.

I have been on a diet since I was 12 years old. I go up and down but never seem to keep it off. I am an emotional eater and take so much comfort in chocolate. I am trying to deal with that. I have also recently gone on medication for my anxiety and depression issues and it has helped with my anxiety but the medication seems to make me hungry all the time. I seem to get to feeling down and think I need a reward and my reward is always a Hershy Sympohny Bar or Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Anyway, I am looking forward to weight watchers, looking and feeling better and keeping my weight off!!!!

Amy M

JenB77 11-03-2010 10:47 AM

Welcome! Congrats on the decision to become more healthy :)

mmel3283 11-03-2010 10:47 AM

I'm glad you joined...and this forum. There's a ton of support here!

Shytowngal 11-03-2010 10:52 AM

Welcome! I love WW! My best advice is to make certain that you track everything. I like to plan and track my days a night in advance so I know what I've planned and I stick to it.

amym 11-03-2010 02:40 PM

Thank you for the advice. I did plan out my meals last night and it really helped except I left my banana at home so I will have a late afternoon snack. I have gotten some great recipies and I am extremly excited
!!!!

Jojo381972 11-04-2010 01:19 AM

Welcome back to WW! I know what you mean about using chocolate and junk to comfort and treat yourself. What I've been doing is I've substituted those foods to get that sweetness. I eat low fat yogurt with added raspberries to get that sweet taste. I eat the odd mars mint bar, but you can do that with this program. As long as it is in moderation.

I also found that doing something instead of eating as a reward works too. Buying something new, getting a new haircut etc.. instead of using food as rewards. I find at least in my family that food was always used as a reward and that is a bad habit to get out of. Best of luck!

amym 11-04-2010 11:54 AM

First day went really well ... I stayed within my points, drank 64 oz of water and exercised. I feel so much better. I have researched and found some great recipies so this weekend i am going to cook and divide things up for next week. I have such a sweet tooth but I found some recipies that I think will help me get by...

Thank you to everyone for the greetings!!