Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life-April 2010

Melissa, Congrats on your weight loss. That is great. I'm so glad that your meds got straightened out; that has to be so frustrating.

I went to a new doctor and he suggested that I get a thyroid test done. I knew that there was nothing wrong with my thyroid, but oh well. Well, as I suspected, my blood work was normal.

Had a wonderful Easter, how about you? The weather here has been gorgeous. I heard you've had a warming trend there; hope it holds up. In a couple weeks, I'll be in Pittsburgh for the marathon. I can't believe it's already here.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for this Friday, so I'm sure I'll lose some weight.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa, Easter de-railed my weight loss a little...I put the .4 back on but at least I know I'm working the right direction. I know the doctors up here periodically check thyroid after a certain age to see where the levels are at. I think I'm finally getting things straightened out--it's been a year in May. I have an appointment next week and I think she's going to need to decrease the Cytomel a little; I've been having some issue with heat tolerance.

Easter was nice--nothing spectacular. I was kind of at odds with things and Monday had a few meltdowns. I get hit every so often with missing my dad and it can be overwhelming and Monday was one of those days. I did go for a nice long walk at the peninsula (5 miles) by myself and felt good afterwards. I just need to move more

Our weather has been really nice, although today we got hit with a bit of reality--it was 36 degrees this morning and we've had some flurry activity! Seriously, last weekend it was 86 and absolutely gorgeous. I went to the rugby game and got a little sunburn!

My friends' adult children are all taking part in the marathon--I hope the weather is nice for you. Pittsburgh is a great city. Will you be spending any time there or is it just a quick trip for the marathon?

I hope you get the all clear with your colonoscopy.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #3  

Melissa, Sorry you were having some sad thoughts about your father. Holidays are rough, aren't they? Your weather is sure up and down.

We'll be at the marathon just for that weekend. I hope it's not 36 degrees--eek!

I did go to WI since my weight was down. : )

Colonoscopy was fine; the doctor found a small polyp, but no concern.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #4  

Yikes! I didn't realize it's been over a month since I posted here!

How did the marathon go? I heard they had a scare during the race but it proved to be a false alarm.

Life continues to move ahead at warp speed--another academic year has come to a close and orientations will begin in less than a month. The prep work has begun and craziness will descend upon the office next week. I do look forward to seeing the new faces--the prep work I could do without!

Still struggling with my weight--up, up, up, up has been my last few weeks. I'll have some losses and then it stops and the gains begin. It's so frustrating! The doctor changed my meds a little and it's definitely affecting my weight loss efforts. I've been walking and watching what I'm eating and honestly I'm tired of trying to figure out what's best. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and we'll talk.

Glad the results of your test were clear--that's always a relief I'm sure. My DH is scheduled for one in June. I haven't hit the magic number yet so have one done.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #5  

Hi, Melissa, Gosh, I hadn't looked here in a little. The marathon was good, except for the dumb bomb scare. What a mess! It turned out to be a microwave with ravioli inside! (HA! Should have pierogi) I was approaching the finish line and the police were directing us away from it. We actually went inside a building and out the other side. I had a good time going and it went kaput! Pittsburgh was great though. We weren't there long enough to do too much, but we did go to the aviary since we like birds. We also went up the Monongahela incline.

We visited DH's mom in Ohio--that was sad. She is all alone and very depressed.

My weight has been up, up, up since the marathon. Of course, I've been eating snacks, etc.

My GF I've told you about made Lifetime--I'm so proud of her. Her metabolism really kicked in and she is below her goal now.

So, how are you? Are you taking any vacations? We are headed to Maine in October--that is a long way off.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #6  

Lisa, it's been so crazy at work. I have two new student workers for the summer and it's been crazier than usual. I swear the day flies by at warp speed. One minute I'm looking at th clock it's 9 a.m. and the next it's noon; same goes after lunch!

My weight has been holding in the 150's which I am NOT happy with...I get to 149 and then I'm up, up, up and it's so frustrating! The past couple of weeks i haven't been snacking or drinking any beer and my reward was a .2 loss argh! Anyway, I'm trying to stay focused but it sure is hard when the scale isn't going down! They adjusted my meds at the beginning of June and Im hoping that it's going to help. We'll see.

That's great about your friend making Lifetime! I wish my weight was under goal again...I felt so good and my clothes fit!

No major plans for vacation as yet...I would love to go back to Maine. Which part are you visiting? We had such a good time when we went and I told DH I want to go back. Standard Baking Company had some awesome sticky buns and the coffee was wonderful. I order the coffee and have it sent to me! I'm looking forward to some time off at the end of July but so far we're not doing anything big. We really need to take care of some things around the house and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

It seems like forever since I've been on this board--we need to keep in touch! SO many of our regulars have "drifted" and I enjoyed their musings about what was going on in their lives.

Is work going okay for you? The administration at the university is worried about enrollment this year but yet we're tearing down apartments and building new ones and buying more properties; no raises though this year which is frustrating. Costs are going up and we're not going to get anything. The one thing I take solace in is that my DS is going to school there so that's kind of like a nice raise!

Hope to hear from you soon and I'll try and visit this thread more often!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #7  

Hi, Melissa, it's good to hear from you again. Like you, my weight has not changed much. Went to WI today--exactly the same--sigh. I know that I wasn't the best on my business trip to San Diego last week, so it's really my fault. Just been snacking and drinking too much wine.

Speaking of San Diego, I experienced my first earthquake and I didn't like it. It didn't last long, but it scared me. It was a 5.9 magnitude.

We will be going to the mountains in Maine--near Bethel. We are going to do the Portland marathon, so we'll be in that city for that event. We will also make a trip (have to) to Acadia.

I won a couple nights at a resort here in Cocoa Beach, so we are going there next week. It will be nice to get away. My GF said "how stupid; you already live near the beach." I disagree; yes, I'm close to the beach, but when I'm home, I do the laundry and clean, and file, etc. etc. You know what I mean...

Sorry about no raise (that happened to us last year, although they gave us small raises later). It's better to have a job. So many people are out of work. It's good that your days fly by!

Guess what I ordered? A Nook--an electronic reader--I've been looking at them and they just dropped in price. I'm such an avid reader of books; I figured it's better than hauling a bunch of books around.

So, how is your week going?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #8  

Lisa: Has it really been since June since I've checked out this site? Life has been so crazy and this year's orientation program was crazy. Don't know why it was any different than years past but it was.

It seems as if we've finally gotten my meds regulated and I'm not having hot flashes, tiredness, etc. so that's good. I don't go back to see her until October. In the meantime it's business as usual. Now if I could just get my weight to budge! It seems like I lose a little, then gain, gain, lose, more maintenance. Not sure what that's all about. It's been really hot and humid here this summer so my walking has been pretty sporadic.

How was Maine? Did you enjoy your time at Cocoa Beach? I do know what you mean about getting away even if it's only in your backyard; you actually relax and not do household stuff.

Well, I made it past my dad's anniversary and honestly it was almost a bit of a relief. I can't believe it's been a year already. Time is helping heal but there are days when I wish I could talk with him.

I'm planning on checking in here more often--we need to start a new thread Hope everything is going well wtih you!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #9  

Hi, Melissa--it's been a while.

The trip to Maine isn't till October (I'd like to leave today). Cocoa Beach was fun. We really relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.

I'm glad your meds have straightened out.

I'm with you on the weight--up and down. This WI I was down which made me happy. Last month I was up!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #10  

Lisa, Maine in October is fabulous--we went the middle of the month and it was so nice--perfect days really, 70 during the day (cold for you) and lower temps in the evening. We really enjoyed it and we were just talking about how we want to go back. It was one of our more relaxing trips.

I'm hoping that once summer is behind me that I'll be able to get more walking in and with that weight loss! I don't like the number I'm seeing on the scale these days!