3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Beginning my ww journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/201516-beginning-my-ww-journey.html)

beby32 05-10-2010 03:26 PM

Beginning my ww journey

Hello everyone,
I am joined this forum today, I see that its really active and people are quite nice :)
I am starting my journey and I really need some help and Ideas on how to start.
I have about 80lbs to lose, I feel really bad, tired, sleepy, like in a food comma all the time. I want to be able to walk and do things without practically dying and feeling ashamed of being seen.

I have a getting started week one book that I will be looking at today.

I posted a small introduction of myself in the introdution section.

I'd love to hear about your experiences and if you can direct me to a meal plan or samples of meals I would appreciate it.

Once I get some ideas of what things to put together it would be easier for me to plan my meals.

Thanks
Trish

bex 05-12-2010 04:42 AM

Congrats on starting your journey!
I joined WW about 10 weeks ago and have lost 22lbs (10kg). The plan is very successful.
I am in New Zealand so our points plan is different than most so I don't think giving you my recipes would be of any help but there are some great ones on here. And just google searching WW recipes may lead you to some good ones.

I am an avid planner. I find it makes all the difference. After each meeting I figure out what I'm eating for dinner each night and work my points out around that. It also saves you money because you're only buying the food you need.

Anyways good luck. Looking forward to hearing your progress!! x

abluvion 05-12-2010 12:11 PM

Hi Trish, welcome :) I'm new to 3FC too but not to WW. I've probably lost 100 lbs on WW over the past 6 years but I keep gaining it back when I stop the program - too much "diet" mentality and no lifestyle change, you know? Def not WW's fault!

WW is great and easy to start. You will notice a huge increase in your energy shortly after being on-plan. That permanent "food coma" feeling will disappear when you start feeding your body the food it needs!

As for meal plans, if you subscribe to WW online (I am not sure how you are doing WW), there are resources there that will give you complete daily meal plans based on your points. Otherwise there are lots of great recipes to try here or elsewhere online. Good luck :)

BeTrueToYou 05-30-2010 09:25 PM

Food coma

Abluvion,

I am in complete agreement! I just started weight watchers on Friday (night, so not really until Saturday) and I already feel so much better. The food coma is essentially gone. I have been eating fruits and whole grains and tons of water. My mood has stabilized, and I am enjoying life more. I can't wait to see what the future bring, especially when I lose some weight. Fortunately for me, I love food that is good for me. I am learning portion sizes and planning ahead. I am often so busy that fast food is the only option. I am learning to make sure that isn't the only option. Have a great holiday!

Fairy Sarah 06-17-2010 07:38 AM

Hiya,

I'm new too :) Well no, I've been a member in the past... but have gained weight and am back on the boards. Going to try give WW a go and see how it goes.

Welcome :)

QuilterInVA 06-17-2010 11:24 AM

When you read your Week 1 booklet, there are 2 weeks of menu plans in there.

Shytowngal 06-17-2010 11:39 AM

One thing that helped me was to figure out how I was going to distribute points throughout the day. Then I plan every night for the next day.
If you want some AMAZING WW recipes this site is fantastic, I have made just about everything on this site, so ask me if you have any questions about a particular dish: www.skinnytaste.com