Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 10:47 AM   #16  

Default I can relate!

Dear Marlene,
I can totally relate to your situation! I have started WW so many times and gotten discouraged and quit! I am now going to re-join again for the ? time! This time I am taking one day at a time and not projecting into the future! So much you said hit home with me...it is nice to know your not alone! Good luck to both of us....We can do it!
Sincerely, Dee Etta
Old 08-20-2002, 12:57 PM   #17  

thank u Dee Etta, it is a major battle everyday isn't it my husband and son love their sweets and that is my downfall too although i love real food so to speak..i am a diabetic and since i have been on ww i have drop units in my insulin and taken away one pill so i know i am headed in the right direction..i want to be off all of my meds if i can ...i am tired of taking so many meds.....i wonder how many of them is hindering me from losing weight faster???
well this week i did manage to lose 3 more lbs and now have lost 19.2lbs since i started on 5.29.02 i hope to do the same this week too....
good luck and if u want to email me go ahead and keep in touch
Old 08-23-2002, 06:06 PM   #18  

just hang in there notlookingback I started WW in Feb this year and I have lost 59#s to date, my daughter started with me and she has lost 30. She was so upset because she wasn't loosing as fast as me but once we figured out that she was excercising her points away so she was always under. Now that she knows that it is easier for her on days when she has more excercise she eats more she has to stay almost at the top of her range.
It is sometimes just a matter of shaking things up and changing them around. For example I never eat the sameting for any meal two days in a row. I find it better to have different things and to look for different products and spices anything to keep it interesting. Variety is the spice of life.
The advice about motivation that you have been getting is wonderful, we all come to a time when something triggers the I have to lose weight and it keeps you going. All the forums in here are also wonderful. Everyone knows exactly where you are coming from we have all been there. I know staying in your points you can sometimes feel you are over eating but just remember that is where you should be. Some people can be so negative towards us with the change in our lifestyles with their comments but just remember you are doing this for you not anyone else. Good luck to you.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:16 PM   #19  

Hi Ladies
It is me again just a note of caution,Too much of a good thing can be bad for you and that includes the water we drink to help us with our weight loss. If you consume too much water you can cause an imbalance in your electrolytes in your body so make sure you are also drinking other liquids. The water is very important but have your electrolytes out of whack can be very serious, I have seen this so I just wanted to pass the caution on. Don't be afraid to drink the water just be wise about it. I drink plenty of water everyday but I now make sure Im a little more cautious about it. Take care and have a great evening.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:52 PM   #20  

thanks for ur imput dollar i appreciate everything i go tomorrow morning to get weighed and i hope i lost weight this week i feel like i did my clothes are loser and i feel taller...lol
i have really cut down on the desert factor this past week too so i i hope that has helped me
will report tomorrow on the results
keep on keeping on that is all we can do
Old 08-24-2002, 11:57 AM   #21  

hi ...does anyone know how much water to drink? I nener knew you could drink too much! just curious!
Thanks, onangelwings aka Dee Etta
Old 08-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #22  

i was told u drink 1/2 of ur body weight
Old 08-24-2002, 02:42 PM   #23  

Hi ladies,
as far as the water goes as long as you are drinking other things and eating a good diet you should be ok, WW recommends 6 glasses a day. I probably drink about 80 to 160 oz a day, I do however make sure Im getting lots of fruits and vegies, bananas a very important because they contain the potassium we need. The person I knew who got sick from all the water was drinking about 20oz every hour or more during the day and not drinking anything else. I don't drink much other then water but Im very careful. I work in a health care facility and that is where the woman was that got sick so all of us at work that are on the program are very carefull as to how much water we drink. Remember for every caffenated drink you have you must drink one extra glass of water, so try decaffe.
Notlookingback, if you really enjoy dessert leave yourself some points and find yourself something you like that is a good dessert for you to have. I always loved ice cream, now I have discovered low fat frozen yogurt and I save 4 points a day most days to have 1 cup of frozen yogurt after supper. the dutch chocolate one I buy is to die for. So find a treaty you like that isn't too high in points and enjoy. Sorry ladies I don't know the exact amount of water we should drink I think it all depends on weight just don't over do.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:47 PM   #24  

Once at a WW meeting I heard someone say that they started counting their points at dinner, since dinner was their biggest meal. As opposed to starting counting your points at breakfast. That way, if you had a large dinner, you could make up for it by eating low points for breakfast & lunch the next day and start fresh with dinner again. This might be helpful if big dinners are your downfall or if they're unpredictable. A new perspective sometimes helps to motivate me!

This is my first posting, I’ve read these boards for a while for motivation, and I’m ready to start again!
Old 08-24-2002, 05:06 PM   #25  

well dollar u have made some good points and i do make or find deserts that are low in points thanks that is not a problem any more but i find that i am wishing for fat like from a hamburger or something else i get up from eating and i am hungry not all the time just sometimes.. i tried to add some oil to my diet and the first week i lost 3lbs and then this week i gained .2 so i am wondering what i did wrong for one and really wish i had someone here cooking meals for me like my mom did when i was a kid oh well i guess everyday u come across a challenge and we must conquer them as they pop up
and welcom to the boards dream jean write in alot i know i do in fact i seem to be posting something every day and it is very helpful to me and i get to meet so many nice people
Old 09-03-2002, 11:16 AM   #26  
Determined Chick!

Great ideas -- very motivating! I have found more willpower following thinking like Byrd's -- I allow myself a "day off." I don't go hog wild, but I also don't worry about religiously counting pts at a dinner out. (Ex: on my "day off" last week I had an ice cream flurry with my family. I ended up tossing almost half of it becauce I was no longer hungry. That *never* happened before!) It makes staying within points 100% easier for me when I know I can relax a little on the weekend. So far, it hasn't stopped me from losing weight. However, I did get very lax with my pts this week, and now have to reign in my eating habits.

Holly
Old 09-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #27  

good idea holly, i try and do that relax a day or two with points especially on weekends since that is when i get weighed i lost those .2lbs i gained a week ago but that was it so this week i am really trying to stick to basics i think i need to do some exercising b ut i am not a excerise person....i have tried the eating less method and that hasn't worked for me and i am on the cusp of using less points now so don't know if i should go lower or stay with the same until this week when the scale says i am lower see how positive i am thinking i try
well i love hearing any input i can get and find that in here i do get the support i am asking for amongst all the good ideas too
keep on keeping on
Old 09-03-2002, 01:11 PM   #28  

I've never been big on exercise either, however; it is the ONLY way I ever seem to lose any weight. So what I do is take a walk with my husband most evenings. We have a great place to walk right nearby and we've been doing 2.5 miles every night. It gives us time to get away from the kids and just catch up with each other. We are improving our health and our marriage at the same time!
Old 09-03-2002, 07:20 PM   #29  

well chocolate, i just got back from the dog walking me 4 city blocks and that made me sweat so i guess i did some good tonight hopefully i can keep it up and walk him at night time..he pulls me though
just wanted u to know u gave me food for thought
thanks
Old 09-04-2002, 09:20 PM   #30  

We did our 2.5 miles again this evening. That's the 5th day in a row!! Woohoo!!! I am really trying to make this a habit. It does seem to be getting easier and we are moving faster, too. I am a bit worried about what we'll do when winter comes; I have a treadmill which I will use when I have to, but dh hates it and won't get on it. We've talked about learning cross-country skiing, but I don't want to invest the money and maybe find out we don't enjoy it. Any ideas?
Closed Thread