Old 01-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

Default roasting veggies

I'm new to the FreeStyle plan Trying to rock it. Please give me some hints on roasting all those veggies we can have now! Thanks!
capecodmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/200/130

Height: 5'2"

In general you can't go wrong with a little olive oil, salt (I esp love sea salt!) and pepper!. Just pop them in the oven at 425F for however long it takes...I usually start with 15 minutes and check on them. Some veggies take awhile longer than that, but some will be done.

I also really like rosemary on carrots and potatoes. Or balsamic on brussel sprouts. And squash sprinkled with a cinnamon and just a little brown sugar is amazing!
abbilutz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

When I roast veggies, some of what I start with are from frozen, like the broccoli florets, brussels sprouts, artichoke hearts and cauliflower florets, so they are already partially cooked. I use baby carrots, and cook them a little before putting them on the baking tray so they get done at the same time. I like to cook them long enough to get some browning on them. I add some others if I have them on hand, like parsnips, sweet potatoes, rutabagas. I realize some of these are not zero points on WW.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Roasted fennel is awesome!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:08 AM   #5  

I prefer not fried vegetables, but steamed vegetables. Firstly, it is more satisfying, and secondly, vegetables do not lose their vitamins with such preparation
GowardToliyaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #6  

I love Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute on my veggies.
princessminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

The biggest trick I've found for roasting veggies is to make sure they are dry before putting oil, seasoning, etc on them. When I've roasted frozen veggies, I've found that they end up steamed instead of roasted because of all the water on them. So I thaw, dry, then toss in some EVOO and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, and then cook as long as needed at 450. So far, so good. My favorite is asparagus, but I do a lot of broccoli and potatoes as well. Not on WW, so I don't know how that all figures in, but that's my method.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote