Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #1  
fat burner

S/C/G: 178/159.8/135

Height: 5'2

Talking Nsv :)

Hello Everyone!

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread so if I'm not, moderators can you kindly put it in the right place?

So i'm totally EXCITED this morning. Last night was a really test for me and I think I passed it with flying colors! A customer of mine asked me to bake her some cookies. She knew I was a "baker" and asked me to make 3 types of cookies for her for her grandma's wake today. At first, I didn't want to say yes because 1) I had my H1N1 vaccine and wasn't feeling super well and 2) I was terrified that i'd fall off the wagon sampling those little cookies!

But of course, I couldn't say no! Anyway, last night I baked up 3 types of cookies. The first type are Hazelnut Melting Moments which chocolate centers, the second are a lemony pastry filled with Nutella and Walnuts and the third is a traditional italian Amaretti.

I'm thrilled to report that I ate 3 cookies total. 1 cookie from each batch genuinely to taste if they had turned out right. I had the points for it cause I rushed through dinner and ate very little so I could get a head start on the cookies!

I'm very proud of myself, prior to WW I just would have ate, ate, ate, ate them until I felt sick to my stomach! But, last night I knew I could have 3 and that was ALL I had!!

It feels really good to be in control!

Sorry if this post is a little long! Also, if you want to see what these little cookies look like I posted a pic in my blog!

Have a great day and thanks for reading!!
LaurieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #2  

Congrats! that is awesome! I am also a "need to test my own work" baker. I checked out the pictures, and I can tell you I would have had a hard time stopping at one!!

Any chance you could PM me the recipe? This looks like a wonderful Christmas cookie.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good for you!

Those cookies both sound and look absolutely divine. I would ask for the recipe as well but I'm too scared!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #4  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Congrats!!!! That's a huge NSV!! And man, not only do they SOUND delicious, but they look it too!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #5  
fat burner

S/C/G: 178/159.8/135

Height: 5'2

They are divine!!! :S

I'm going to post the recipe up on my blog! :S
LaurieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #6  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Great job! Those sound really tasty! Im not sure if I couldve stopped if I had 1. Eck.

=)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote