Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Sept. 14, 2009

Good morning!

Hi to Lori, Lisa, Pam, Alan! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I have to admit straight out that I got caught up into watching football and mindless eating. DS #2 had a bag of Doritos and my hand was in more than it should have been.

Overall it was a busy weekend--Saturday afternoon I went to watch DS #2 play college rugby and from there went to see the rest of the men's game. Of course they weren't even close to each other. It was a nice day to be outside. The best part is that the college game was in an area where I could get a nice walk in.

Short week here for me--DH and I are going out of town for a long weekend. I'm looking fowrard to it.

I'm enjoying the cooler temps--I made a big pot of soup last night and froze it in individual containers for my lunch.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, Melissa, Thanks for getting things started. I've been gone for a while literally. I was on vacation and then went straight to a business trip in Texas. Vacation as wonderful--cooler temps. Lots of hiking, biking, looking at scenery. I think that's why I only gained 2 pounds with all the stuff I ate. I couldn't believe it. Well, I'm back to tracking and watching. It's tough though. Menopause has so changed my metabolism.

Watch lots of football yesterday after getting rained out at golf. I'm going to try a different yoga class tonight as I'm unable to attend my regular one. It should be interesting--each instructor has their own way of doing things.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  

Welcome back, Lisa! Sounds like you had nice weather for your trip. I'm hoping for the same in Cincinnati. DH and I are heading there for Oktoberfest and celebrating our wedding anniversary. It should be a good time.

I'm watching Monday night football and the Bills were winning but Brady has thrown 2 touchdown passes...unbelievable! I was hoping the Bills were going to be able to pull off a win...we'll see if they can rally back with 50 seconds. I do love an exciting game.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #4  

Well, I know the Pats won by 1 point--had to be a good game. Unfortunately, I fell asleep.

Went to a new yoga class last night and enjoyed it. It was more of a relaxation class than my normal flexibility class.

You should have fun in Cincy. Oktoberfest sounds like fun. Prosit!!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #5  

I really miss my yoga class--from what I've heard our wellness program is going to try and bring it back. That'd be great. I learned to relax with it and the nights I had the class I slept really well. I have been walking twice a day and feel really good about it. I try to squeeze in a short walk (10-15 minutes) before work and then get another one in over my lunch hour. It depends on the day but I try for at least 30 minutes at noon. So far so good.

I had a good weight loss last week and I'm hoping to be down a little more this week but we'll see. I'm hoping the collision with the chips didn't do too much damage. I've been trying to eat better and curb the night time eating. I still struggle with that even after all this time!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #6  

Melissa, I'm glad you're walking again; it's so good for you. Congrats on the loss. I'm struggling to lose what I gained over the last 2 weeks from travel--I always eat more on the road and it's really stupid--cookies, chips, drinks. Ugh! I was going to go to WI this week, but that's not happening. I've been OP all week and doing my regular exercise. Maybe next week.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #7  

Lisa, being on the road is a challenge to begin with! Once you get back into the routine you'll get rid of the "fluff". I feel so much better with walking and more energized so that's a good sign.

I went to my meeting at noon and was down .8# which is great! I'm back on the losing mode and I'm happy with that. I'd like to lose about 5# and then I'll be where I want--just need to stay focused.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #8  

Congrats on the loss, Melissa. You're doing so well. I wish I could say the same. Have fun this weekend.

I'm going to work on the Habitat house again and perhaps some golf on Sunday. DH is working all weekend.